PDA

View Full Version : ESPN people are idiots......

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 10:03 AM
once again they manage to screw something up terribly.......

they have the game of the week on espn classic right now.....

its k state and auburn...

how is it not appy state at michigan?

gobbler grad
09-02-2007, 10:06 AM
don't want to humiliate Michigan fans anymore than they have too...:thinking:

3afan
09-02-2007, 10:07 AM
dont be so quick to judge - maybe the big-10 network has not released it yet

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
dont be so quick to judge - maybe the big-10 network has not released it yet thats true...

maybe ur right.... ill cut em a lil slack....

its just wen i saw the game of the week was on i thought....

yes i can watch that game then it comes on and its k state and auburn

3afan
09-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
....k state and auburn

thats was a good game - lots of hard hits, tough D

big daddy russ
09-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
once again they manage to screw something up terribly.......

they have the game of the week on espn classic right now.....

its k state and auburn...

how is it not appy state at michigan?
I just saw a bunch of rankings on Fox Sports for greatest upsets of all time. They had Appy/UM ranked #3 behind TCU/UT '61 and OU/Kansas '78. I'm sorry, but whenever two teams aren't playing on equal footing (UM gets more scholarships, more big-time recruits, and has a football revenue of $40 million freakin' dollars {eighth in the world}) and you pull an upset like this, it's huge. Especially against the #5 team in the nation.

And I know football isn't the same as it used to be, with the limited number of scholarships and all, but this upset is absolutely unprecedented. In two years, I'll still rank this as the number one upset of all time. At least unless there's another one of this magnitude I just don't know about.

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I just saw a bunch of rankings on Fox Sports for greatest upsets of all time. They had Appy/UM ranked #3 behind TCU/UT '61 and OU/Kansas '78. I'm sorry, but whenever two teams aren't playing on equal footing (UM gets more scholarships, more big-time recruits, and has a football revenue of $40 million freakin' dollars {eighth in the world}) and you pull an upset like this, it's huge. Especially against the #5 team in the nation.

And I know football isn't the same as it used to be, with the limited number of scholarships and all, but this upset is absolutely unprecedented. In two years, I'll still rank this as the number one upset of all time. At least unless there's another one of this magnitude I just don't know about. and this is huge becuz its coming from russ, who we all know is in mad love wit auburn and would love to watch the replay of that game...... how is the greatest upset of all time not on the game of the week....?

just mind boggling

Phil C
09-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

And I know football isn't the same as it used to be, with the limited number of scholarships and all, but this upset is absolutely unprecedented. In two years, I'll still rank this as the number one upset of all time. At least unless there's another one of this magnitude I just don't know about.

Hey big are you sure it wasn't the Oklahoma/Kansas State Big 12 Championship game a few years ago when Kansas State beat Oklahoma bad. Oklahoma beat Kansas in 1978. I think the only game they lost was to Nebraska that year and both teams were very good.

big daddy russ
09-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey big are you sure it wasn't the Oklahoma/Kansas State Big 12 Championship game a few years ago when Kansas State beat Oklahoma bad. Oklahoma beat Kansas in 1978. I think the only game they lost was to Nebraska that year and both teams were very good.
I was wrong. It was '75. Think I may have just hit the wrong key when I was typing it in.

link (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7180390)