View Full Version : Cross-dressing student

burnet44
09-02-2007, 08:17 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/08-07/0830crossdresser.jpg

« on: August 30, 2007, 08:14:46 AM »

Cross-dressing student allowed to attend Dallas school

08:11 AM CDT on Thursday, August 30, 2007
From WFAA-TV Staff

Luis Valderamma says he has already purchased a female wardrobe for the school year. A student at Sunset High School arrived for a second time Wednesday morning trying to register for class.

But it's what 17-year-old Luis Valderamma wears that has created issues with administrators.

He's a cross dresser, attired Wednesday in capri pants and heels.

"This is how I feel comfortable. This is me," Valderamma said.

The student was sent home on Monday, but on Wednesday, school officials did allow him to register and attend class.

The DISD would not elaborate on any further agreements about his wardrobe.

"I'm not a distraction. There's nothing in the rules that says I can't wear girl clothes," he said. "I see girls up here with saggy jeans. They come dressed up like boys. That's going to be a distraction, too."

Valderamma says he's willing to compromise somewhat and wear capris instead of skirts.

But he says his choices are limited, as he has already bought his entire girl wardrobe for the school year.

The post here would be endless.
But for the sake of the board Ill refrain

3afan
09-02-2007, 08:27 AM
to each his/her own .....

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 09:02 AM
freak

AP Panther Fan
09-02-2007, 09:21 AM
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Ranger Mom
09-02-2007, 09:24 AM
In Greenwood we have two separate dress codes...one for boys, one for girls...they are "gender" specific.

The "sagging" statement wouldn't work here as our kids aren't allowed to "sag"!

AP Panther Fan
09-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
In Greenwood we have two separate dress codes...one for boys, one for girls...they are "gender" specific.

The "sagging" statement wouldn't work here as our kids aren't allowed to "sag"!

Same thing in Aransas Pass. I wonder if the DISD has a dress code that applies to all of the schools in the district or if each school has it's own policy...hmmm :thinking:

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 09:28 AM
im pretty sure IT didnt mean sagging.....

i think IT just meant that girls were wearing oversized clothes that were baggy or loose, which is what guys usually wear.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
im pretty sure IT didnt mean sagging.....

i think IT just meant that girls were wearing oversized clothes that were baggy or loose, which is what guys usually wear.

That doesn't work here either. If your pants fall down without the aid of belt, then you can't wear them. If you have a big oversized shirt on, be prepared to wear it tucked in all day!!

wookinpanub
09-02-2007, 10:11 AM
That doesn't work here either. If your pants fall down without the aid of belt, then you can't wear them. If you have a big oversized shirt on, be prepared to wear it tucked in all day!!

as it should be, by Gawd. The real issue here is parents who just flat-arse don't care what their kids do on or off campus anymore as long as they don't have to fork over a few hundred or thousand dollars to bail them out of jail somewhere - unless of course it involves a fight and if the dad's kid started it, he teaches him how to pound on his chest like Tarzan.

VanKampen
09-02-2007, 10:59 AM
i like how he says he's not distracting but then said that girls wearing saggy clothes is distracting TOO, meaning he knows he's a distraction

Ranger Mom
09-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/08-07/0830crossdresser.jpg

It might not be "quite" so bad if the outfit was actually cute and looked cute oh him..her...it??;)

luvhoops34
09-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't think the clothes are distracting, it's the fact that he's a boy trying to look like a girl.....hair, makeup, etc....

zebrablue2
09-02-2007, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It might not be "quite" so bad if the outfit was actually cute and looked cute oh him..her...it??;) [/QUOTE

on a bright note, lets just keep cloths on this person. It is looking for press coverage, now that It has it, next will be a lawsuit. sad deal.

Fal44
09-02-2007, 12:10 PM
well...:thinking: . I guess he or she can do what she wants since there is no rule.. he/she needs some better choices of clothing as RM said...

Cameron Crazy
09-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I would feel uncomfortable attending class with that guy/girl

Fal44
09-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I would feel uncomfortable attending class with that guy/girl

Me neither.. plus the ppl in my school would make that guy/girl life a living hell.

DU_stud04
09-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
Me neither.. plus the ppl in my school would make that guy/girl life a living hell. i wonder how long it takes before somone gives it a beating.

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i wonder how long it takes before somone gives it a beating. haha....lmao...

IT will prolly get tore up this week

DU_stud04
09-02-2007, 12:48 PM
haha....lmao...

IT will prolly get tore up this week i would laugh if they made it transfer from Sunset High to Oakcliff or one of the nsfw high schools..... hahahahaha

KTA
09-02-2007, 12:51 PM
plus the ppl in my school would make that guy/girl life a living hell

lol I was one of those kids:devil:

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 12:52 PM
i am currently one of those kids....:doh:

piratebg
09-02-2007, 04:05 PM
If that had happened when I went to school, I would have shown up naked the next day. I'd of been like, "If "IT" is not a distraction than neither is this." :D :cool:

Ranger Mom
09-02-2007, 04:09 PM
I am assuming that most 3-A schools have pretty strict dresscodes??

I know here the boys hair has to be off their ears and collar. The girls hair, if colored, must be a natural hair color. No baggy pants, shirts with tails must be tucked in. Girls cannot wear skirts or shorts any shorter than 4 inches above the knee and nothing that shows the stomach.

Go 10 miles to Midland and you see long haired saggy pants boys and girls with their "hoo ha" almost showing, short shirts and blue hair!!:eek:

piratebg
09-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Bigger schools tend to be more loose in their policy.

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Bigger schools tend to be more loose in their policy. very true....

were super strict..... and b wood 30 miles away is not strict at all

Footballhudini
09-02-2007, 05:25 PM
*sighs*

So many of these closed-minded people...

When a uniform-dresscode was enforced at our old elementary, my parents Immediately transferred me to another school, and I agree with their decision. I just simply cannot fathom why we can't live in a world where judgment of a personality can't come before (Or even compete with) the almighty visual perspective.

If the kid wants to wear dresses or capris, let him, but don't say he's dressing like a girl (Or, rather, like a girl WOULD). Too many sociological standards ripping the minds of ultra-conservative conformists. It's a form of punk expression, not rebellion. If his peers (Or his teachers) can't see beyond the physical presence and use the whole "DISTRACTION" excuse to make him dress stereotypical, then America has failed (Freedom of speech). We love to say how much we've progressed (With racism, technology, society, etc.), yet, when we see something different, we are quick to alienate and attack. *sighs*... it frustrates me...

And as for any such kid who would dare pick on this 'cross-dresser' (As everyone calls this young person), if it were my kid, I'd have you in court so fast the blur would blind you....

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
*sighs*

When a uniform-dresscode was enforced at our old elementary, my parents Immediately transferred me to another school, and I agree with their decision. I just simply cannot fathom why we can't live in a world where judgment of a personality can't come before (Or even compete with) the almighty visual perspective.

If the kid wants to wear dresses or capris, let him, but don't say he's dressing like a girl (Or, rather, like a girl WOULD). Too many sociological standards ripping the minds of ultra-conservative conformists. It's a form of punk expression, not rebellion. If his peers (Or his teachers) can't see beyond the physical presence and use the whole "DISTRACTION" excuse to make him dress stereotypical, then America has failed (Freedom of speech). We love to say how much we've progressed (With racism, technology, society, etc.), yet, when we see something different, we are quick to alienate and attack. *sighs*... it frustrates me...

And as for any such kid who would dare pick on this 'cross-dresser' (As everyone calls this young person), if it were my kid, I'd have you in court so fast the blur would blind you.... No offense, but ur the kind of person i hate, take someone to court becuz ur kid is a freak and other kids are acknowledging it

recognize that this kid has mental problems and get him some help

and im sorry to inform you but that would be a huge distraction.

how do u expect kids to focus when theres a dude wearing skirts.

thatsminty
09-02-2007, 05:33 PM
yeah but school isnt a fashion show, it's a place for education.
If people feel uncomfortable or offended by it then they whould be taken out to a field and put out of their close-minded misery.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2007, 05:34 PM
if it were my kid, I'd have you in court so fast the blur would blind you....

:eek: :eek: :eek: Is it your kid???

Just kidding...but if it was MY kid, I would have them in therapy so fast the blur would blind you!!

Ranger Mom
09-02-2007, 05:36 PM
when we see something different, we are quick to alienate and attack.

A pedaphile is "different" I am quick to alienate and attack them too!!!

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 05:37 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Is it your kid???

Just kidding...but if it was MY kid, I would have them in therapy so fast the blur would blind you!! amen, exactly what i just said....

but the other person would be the one to wait around until the kid did something drastic and then be the parent in court trying to say its not their fault while defending their kid.

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 05:38 PM
A pedaphile is "different" I am quick to alienate and attack them too!!! get em:D

zebrablue2
09-02-2007, 07:43 PM
*sighs*

And as for any such kid who would dare pick on this 'cross-dresser' (As everyone calls this young person), if it were my kid, I'd have you in court so fast the blur would blind you....

here is the problem, as stated in my earlier post. looking for the lawsuit. you must admit, this is not normal behavior.

burnet44
09-02-2007, 07:50 PM
*sighs*

dress like that on your next job interview

and then you will then file a law suit Im sure

burnet44
09-02-2007, 07:51 PM

girls with their "hoo ha" almost showing, short shirts and blue hair!!:eek:

what is a hoo ha
can we post that?
whatever it is?
For crying out loud?

Ranger Mom
09-02-2007, 07:56 PM
what is a hoo ha
can we post that?
whatever it is?
For crying out loud?

LOL!! I'm not even sure it is spelled right!!

I have just "heard" it, never seen it written before!!:D

Footballhudini
09-02-2007, 08:08 PM
*sighs*

1. There's a difference between a male who likes to dress in skirts and a male who likes... infants (sexually). If you can't see that, then.. perhaps YOU need therapy (LOL).

2. The last thing on Earth I would want happen would be discrimination against something different (Keeping in mind that a cross-dresser isn't doing anything ILLEGAL a.k.a. having sexual intercourse with minors (Pedo's), drugs, stealing, etc.). You see, your correlation with something different (Pedophiles) immediately corresponds with something BAD or EVIL (And yes, I despise pedophiles). However, different doesn't necessarily mean bad. Times change. People change. Styles...

I'll respond to more as I see them...

I hope I don't get barred for sharing this viewpoint.

I'll add, however, that I know a few homosexual cross-dressing college football players...

luvhoops34
09-02-2007, 08:11 PM

Therein lies the problem. Everybody wants to haul somebodys ass to court....school is all about CONFORMING...you can be yourself after you graduate and get a real job.:) Then see if your employer lets you cross dress....:D Kids like this are why schools have uniforms.

Footballhudini
09-02-2007, 08:15 PM
No offense, but ur the kind of person i hate, take someone to court becuz ur kid is a freak and other kids are acknowledging it

recognize that this kid has mental problems and get him some help

and im sorry to inform you but that would be a huge distraction.

how do u expect kids to focus when theres a dude wearing skirts.

No offense here either, but why the hate? That's part of the problem in the World. Everyone's gotta be hating on something strange, different, werid, etc.

Why does the kid have medical problems? because he likes clothes that OUR SOCIETY has deemed ordinarily for females? That can mean one of two things for me:

1. It's a personal preference (Nothing of which is wrong with it)
2. It's a sad, pathetic, desperate plea for attention (And he got it LOL).

As for the distraction, why? Why are people making such a big deal about it?

BECAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT.

*sighs*...

IMHO, society should just let him have his little field day (Without the harassment that's bound to come his way). He'll either snap out of it, or.. start a trend. Is that another of your fears? That your children will enjoy clothes that American Society has deemed for the opposite sex? LOL...

Remember Adam and Eve? Back in the day, ppl didn't even wear clothes. They shouldn't represent a person's sex.

Footballhudini
09-02-2007, 08:17 PM
amen, exactly what i just said....

but the other person would be the one to wait around until the kid did something drastic and then be the parent in court trying to say its not their fault while defending their kid.

Like I've somewhat said before, it is possible for a male to prefer female clothing and still not be clinically insane...

luvhoops34
09-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Like I've somewhat said before, it is possible for a male to prefer female clothing and still not be clinically insane...

That's all fine and dandy, they can prefer on their own time. They need to dress NORMALLY when they're at school. You can express yourself in college when you're paying for it, not on the tax payers dime.

Footballhudini
09-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
here is the problem, as stated in my earlier post. looking for the lawsuit. you must admit, this is not normal behavior.

No one's LOOKING for the lawsuit. However, it is justifiable IMHO. A crossdresser, according to my knowledge, is not breaking any formidable American, state, or local laws (Exceptions might be at the local or state level, IDK). Can anyone disprove that statement?

Footballhudini
09-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
That's all fine and dandy, they can prefer on their own time. They need to dress NORMALLY when they're at school. You can express yourself in college when you're paying for it, not on the tax payers dime.

You see.. there you go again... throwing terms like "NORMALLY" out there. What is NORMAL and why do Americans and other nations characterize appropriate clothing for sexes as their NORM?

I'm sorry, but I must disagree with all of you. If the law somehow manages to supress this kid's problems or feelings (Or expression), then THAT'S where the problem starts. Everyone outcasting the 'different' crowd. Remember Columbine? Little Rock? Heh...

Footballhudini
09-02-2007, 08:24 PM
You see.. there you go again... throwing terms like "NORMALLY" out there. What is NORMAL and why do Americans and other nations characterize appropriate clothing for sexes as their NORM?

I'm sorry, but I must disagree with all of you. If the law somehow manages to supress this kid's problems or feelings (Or expression), then THAT'S where the problem starts. Everyone outcasting the 'different' crowd. Remember Columbine? Little Rock? Heh...

and when i use appropriate, I mean appropriate according to the Norms set out by society, not by me.

luvhoops34
09-02-2007, 08:26 PM

I can say NORMALLY if I want to...I've been on here a lot longer than you have. You have 10 posts and you're on here arguing with me.

I am a CONSERVATIVE 50 yr old woman. And I'm all for being yourself. But not on my tax dollars. But if you had been here longer than 10 sec you would know that.

Footballhudini
09-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I can say NORMALLY if I want to...I've been on here a lot longer than you have. You have 10 posts and you're on here arguing with me.

I am a CONSERVATIVE 50 yr old woman. And I'm all for being yourself. But not on my tax dollars. But if you had been here longer than 10 sec you would know that.

Sorry Ma'am. I didn't mean to offend. I believe I do have a point though (Regardless of whether or not I have 10 or 10000 posts). Yeah... maybe 10 seconds...

Just remember though... America makes its crossdressers pay taxes as well.

burnet44
09-02-2007, 08:32 PM
LOL!! I'm not even sure it is spelled right!!

I have just "heard" it, never seen it written before!!:D

ban yourself for a weak lol

and just what is it?

luvhoops34
09-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by KTA
lol I was one of those kids:devil:

I know all about you.....:D

zebrablue2
09-02-2007, 08:51 PM
my last remark on this thread: the kid, and the parents of this child are not in touch with the normal world. this is also not 3a football related. I will try my best to stay away from these type of subjects on the downlow, promise. ignore, and they will go away.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2007, 10:24 PM
ban yourself for a weak lol

and just what is it?

I don't see why I should ban myself....even if I could, which I can't.

The fact that you have asked me twice now what it is, just proves to me that know exactly what it is!!;)

Ranger Mom
09-02-2007, 10:49 PM
*sighs*

1. There's a difference between a male who likes to dress in skirts and a male who likes... infants (sexually). If you can't see that, then.. perhaps YOU need therapy (LOL).

2. The last thing on Earth I would want happen would be discrimination against something different (Keeping in mind that a cross-dresser isn't doing anything ILLEGAL a.k.a. having sexual intercourse with minors (Pedo's), drugs, stealing, etc.). You see, your correlation with something different (Pedophiles) immediately corresponds with something BAD or EVIL (And yes, I despise pedophiles). However, different doesn't necessarily mean bad. Times change. People change. Styles...

I'll respond to more as I see them...

I hope I don't get barred for sharing this viewpoint.

I'll add, however, that I know a few homosexual cross-dressing college football players...

Okay....I'll admit, maybe the child predator wasn't the best example. In my opinion, it's weird....and weird people freak me out. A crossdressing football player would have the same effect on me....I would just rather be blissfully ignorant of it all!!

carter08
09-03-2007, 03:22 AM
i am currently one of those kids....:doh:

The ones who get beat up you mean.

What's wrong with a guy wearing a dress? i've had to do it for theatre, and even tough i felt really nasty, i really don't think it's right to discriminate against someone for some clothes they wear

big daddy russ
09-03-2007, 04:07 AM
Here's my opinion, feel free to disagree.

My favorite clothes are khaki shorts and flip flops with a short sleeve shirt. Just what I'm most comfortable in. My fiance gets mad because I wear those clothes just about every day, but they're easy to move around in, lightweight, look good, and they're comfy.

I'm also starting up my own business. My rules. I could wear khaki shorts and flip flops to work if I wanted. But I don't.

Why?

It's simple: people take you more seriously if you look the part, dress the part, and conduct yourself properly. This may be conforming to society, but that also means that I'm allowing others to feel more comfortable around me and not forcing them to adapt their beliefs or lifestyles (whatever they may be) for my selfish wishes. Some people don't like flip flops, some people don't like Crocs, and some people just don't like open-toed shoes. And if you really want to be open-minded and respected, then you should be open-minded and respectful for those who don't share your point of view. Even if it means that you have to scale back a little during business hours (or school hours, or whatever it may be) in order to do it.

So business casual (dress slacks and no less than a polo) is perfect. I may be stuck in pants and dress shoes during the week, but I get my flip flops (and he gets his girl clothes) in the evenings and on the weekends. Honestly, it's not that big of a tradeoff.

rockdale80
09-03-2007, 09:36 AM
People can dress how they want, and date whom they want. Therapy is not going to make you less homosexual. It is a lifestyle this guy chooses to lead. Sure its not for most, but who cares. And saying that kid should be beaten up...you people should be ashamed of yourselves. I thought this was a place for rational thought, not hate mongering. Bottom line is this a freedom of speech issue, and unless Bush strips some more of our civil liberties to protect us then he can wear whatever he wants on your tax dollars.

rockdale80
09-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Here's my opinion, feel free to disagree.

My favorite clothes are khaki shorts and flip flops with a short sleeve shirt. Just what I'm most comfortable in. My fiance gets mad because I wear those clothes just about every day, but they're easy to move around in, lightweight, look good, and they're comfy.

I'm also starting up my own business. My rules. I could wear khaki shorts and flip flops to work if I wanted. But I don't.

Why?

It's simple: people take you more seriously if you look the part, dress the part, and conduct yourself properly. This may be conforming to society, but that also means that I'm allowing others to feel more comfortable around me and not forcing them to adapt their beliefs or lifestyles (whatever they may be) for my selfish wishes. Some people don't like flip flops, some people don't like Crocs, and some people just don't like open-toed shoes. And if you really want to be open-minded and respected, then you should be open-minded and respectful for those who don't share your point of view. Even if it means that you have to scale back a little during business hours (or school hours, or whatever it may be) in order to do it.

So business casual (dress slacks and no less than a polo) is perfect. I may be stuck in pants and dress shoes during the week, but I get my flip flops (and he gets his girl clothes) in the evenings and on the weekends. Honestly, it's not that big of a tradeoff.

And I agree, but in school peoples perception is not going to make or break you, so this is a completely different situation. apples and oranges.

Footballhudini
09-03-2007, 11:24 AM

people take you more seriously if you look the part, dress the part, and conduct yourself properly. This may be conforming to society, but that also means that I'm allowing others to feel more comfortable around me and not forcing them to adapt their beliefs or lifestyles (whatever they may be) for my selfish wishes. Some people don't like flip flops, some people don't like Crocs, and some people just don't like open-toed shoes. And if you really want to be open-minded and respected, then you should be open-minded and respectful for those who don't share your point of view. Even if it means that you have to scale back a little during business hours (or school hours, or whatever it may be) in order to do it.

Finally, someone who recognizes that society is played by parts and roles (For whatever reason). Unfortunately, we as Americans have assigned costumes (Or, as people call it, the 'business attire?') to people who hold some certifiable office or position at a major company. It is indeed a norm.

Can I ask you, "Is it really you?" Well, you said you liked shorts and flipflops more than the other (Which is totally my style as well LOL). However, you attend work in business attire, something that you'd rather not wear in comparision to flip flops and shorts (The REAL you). LOL...

Well then, isn't it funny how people take the plastic (Business) you more seriously than they would if you were to wear causal clothing? I mean, you are the same person regardless of wardrobe. Yet, people just can't seem to get away from this visual association game society has implanted on innocent minds... and that's just my deal with it all.

I once met a young man on the beach. He had an old pair of flip flops, some baggy/saggy shorts, and a t-shirt with a huge hole on the underarm. On first instinct, most would've thought he was nothing more than your average beach bumb. We got to talking over a cigarrette he bumbed me, and we went in to asking our professions. I tell you, No one would've guessed that he was a self-made online multi-millionaire and that, those just happened to be the clothes he enjoys wearing most.

You wanna know who dressed like.. REALLY NICE? Umm.. Don Corleone from The Godfather... and we know what he was into... LOL

Point is... for a change... close your eyes... and see what's REALLY there... rather than the mirage that is our reality.

pirate4state
09-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Finally, someone who recognizes that society is played by parts and roles (For whatever reason). Unfortunately, we as Americans have assigned costumes (Or, as people call it, the 'business attire?') to people who hold some certifiable office or position at a major company. It is indeed a norm.

Can I ask you, "Is it really you?" Well, you said you liked shorts and flipflops more than the other (Which is totally my style as well LOL). However, you attend work in business attire, something that you'd rather not wear in comparision to flip flops and shorts (The REAL you). LOL...

Well then, isn't it funny how people take the plastic (Business) you more seriously than they would if you were to wear causal clothing? I mean, you are the same person regardless of wardrobe. Yet, people just can't seem to get away from this visual association game society has implanted on innocent minds... and that's just my deal with it all.

I once met a young man on the beach. He had an old pair of flip flops, some baggy/saggy shorts, and a t-shirt with a huge hole on the underarm. On first instinct, most would've thought he was nothing more than your average beach bumb. We got to talking over a cigarrette he bumbed me, and we went in to asking our professions. I tell you, No one would've guessed that he was a self-made online multi-millionaire and that, those just happened to be the clothes he enjoys wearing most.

You wanna know who dressed like.. REALLY NICE? Umm.. Don Corleone from The Godfather... and we know what he was into... LOL

Point is... for a change... close your eyes... and see what's REALLY there... rather than the mirage that is our reality.

Sadly, we are not there as a society. What gives me a good giggle is the church goers that are suppose to "love thy neighbor" but I guess there is a side note that says don't love 'em if they like to dress funny. :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
09-03-2007, 12:46 PM

I understand the norms, but for me it's not that big of a deal to conform to them. They may not be perfect for everyone, but they're fine for me. We all have our prejudices, whether it's against people of another sexual persuasion, of another culture, of another race, liberals, or conservatives. That goes for everyone, and I'm no exception.

If simply putting on clothes that look a little different from what I usually wear helps alleviate some of those prejudices, then that works for me.

Another thing to take into consideration is that there have been studies that prove that the way you dress directly impacts your behavior. That's the reason most high schools down in the Corpus area gave for switching to dress codes.

Maybe that kid is a great kid underneath it all, but I could see how it would be a distraction for everyone else in the classroom. And it's a distraction not only for the kids who "want to beat him up," but also for the kids who try to defend him.

KingRob
09-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Girl in bathroom - Oh Luis I like you shoes! Where did you get them?

Luis the crossdresser - Gracias chica, I got them at Payless, buy two get one free special. I really wanted the blue pumps to go with my shirt, but my man feet are too freaking big!

Girl in bathroom - Oh. By the way Luis, stipes make you look fat!

Luis the crossdresser - There goes my chance for prom queen!

:D :rolleyes: :cool: :p :eek:

rockdale80
09-03-2007, 01:16 PM
I understand the norms, but for me it's not that big of a deal to conform to them. They may not be perfect for everyone, but they're fine for me. We all have our prejudices, whether it's against people of another sexual persuasion, of another culture, of another race, liberals, or conservatives. That goes for everyone, and I'm no exception.

If simply putting on clothes that look a little different from what I usually wear helps alleviate some of those prejudices, then that works for me.

Another thing to take into consideration is that there have been studies that prove that the way you dress directly impacts your behavior. That's the reason most high schools down in the Corpus area gave for switching to dress codes.

Maybe that kid is a great kid underneath it all, but I could see how it would be a distraction for everyone else in the classroom. And it's a distraction not only for the kids who "want to beat him up," but also for the kids who try to defend him.

For you to conform is fine. I am okay with whatever you want to wear Russ, but its not good for everyone. Some people deny their homosexual tendencies most of their lives and are miserable. Obviously this kid is comfortable with it, so why does it matter to anyone else what he is wearing. Does anyone not get tired of all of these civil liberties being destroyed because the majority of the people dont like it or call it normal? How soon we forget one of the basic principles of this country in not promoting the majority, but protecting the minority. Wake up. Who are any of us to judge and label? Leave the kid alone and let him continue his education.

Ranger Mom
09-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
People can dress how they want, and date whom they want. Therapy is not going to make you less homosexual.

So all crossdressers are homosexuals??? I DID NOT know that!!

:eek:

sinton66
09-03-2007, 10:08 PM
So, after all the comments from both sides of this issue, perhaps someone could answer a question or two for me. Exactly how does pandering to the whims of this student further his education and prepare him for his future in the real world? How will this make him a more productive member of society? Like it or not, businesses in this country are quite conservative, and this conduct is very unlikely to be condoned in the workplace (unless he moves to the left coast & becomes a Hollywierd actor).

Ranger Mom
09-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
So, after all the comments from both sides of this issue, perhaps someone could answer a question or two for me. Exactly how does pandering to the whims of this student further his education and prepare him for his future in the real world? How will this make him a more productive member of society? Like it or not, businesses in this country are quite conservative, and this conduct is very unlikely to be condoned in the workplace (unless he moves to the left coast & becomes a Hollywierd actor).

I couldn't agree more myself!!

I can't speak for anyone else, but if someone comes into our office looking for a job and they have multiple tatoos or body piercings, they might as well just exit the same door they came in.

If some guy comes in dressed as a girl?? He/She best be prepared to leave the same way!!

I would never talk crap to someone like that to their face, but I can't say I won't laugh behind their back!!

burnet44
09-03-2007, 10:32 PM
dress like that on your next job interview

and then you will then file a law suit Im sure

you still didnt answer my hooo ha question

Ranger Mom
09-03-2007, 10:35 PM
you still didnt answer my hooo ha question

I think it's self explanatory!!:)

slpybear the bullfan
09-04-2007, 12:45 AM
In school, Civil Liberties are only extended as far as they do not interfere with the primary purpose of education.

If you want to wear a concert t-shirt with profanity on it.. then you may have to turn it inside out depending on the school's policy.

Same difference here...

The school's policy does not distinguish between gender. (Bet it does next year).

People can cry and bemoan diversity, freedom, etc. in regards to this case. But IMHO it is super weak. Schools have rules so they can educate children... not because they are out to put the screws to everyone who WANTS to get that chip knocked off their shoulder. In this case, there is no life-changing lessons that will be learned... just several weeks of distractions and fingerpointing till it gets old.

LOL, just go to middle school or high-school and see how much time is wasted on enforcing the dress-code. That time that is paid for by your tax dollars. And then thank the parents who read the conduct policy, sign the conduct policy, understand the conduct policy, but don't care about Jr. enough to enforce it. Thanks... :rolleyes:

More and more schools are moving to uniforms for a reason.

Footballhudini
09-04-2007, 01:50 AM

Yeah, forgive me. I (As well as a few on here) kind of took the argument of clothing and made it into an argument of lifestyle. If that were the case, then I would have contradicted myself (Seeing how I'm not the one to judge a person on what they wear, but the person underneath them).

I don't doubt the study done on clothing effecting one's behavior, but in this particular instance, it appears as if the clothing he's choosing to wear is effecting those around him moreso. It shouldn't be this way, and this is what gets to me. We claim to be civilized, respectible creatures. IMHO, this is just another barrier in the American Movement. Heck... we've already conquered sex and race (For the most part)... lol... it's only a matter of time...

It's not natural? LOL.. clothing in itself isn't natural.

A distraction it is my friend, but it shouldn't have to be. No one should want to beat him nor have to try to defend him (Defenders would not exist in this case without attackers). Fact is, we live in a world filled with hatred, insecurities, prejudices, ignorance, and judgmental folk. Personally, I do my best to not allow the senses of sight and smell to influence my judgment. I go by actions. What does this person do (Aside from wearing girls clothing) that makes him distractive? Anything physical? If he's a visual distraction, have him sit in the back row out of eyesight or something (LOL), just don't hate the player. Hate the game. ;p

Footballhudini
09-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
In school, Civil Liberties are only extended as far as they do not interfere with the primary purpose of education.

If you want to wear a concert t-shirt with profanity on it.. then you may have to turn it inside out depending on the school's policy.

Same difference here...

The school's policy does not distinguish between gender. (Bet it does next year).

People can cry and bemoan diversity, freedom, etc. in regards to this case. But IMHO it is super weak. Schools have rules so they can educate children... not because they are out to put the screws to everyone who WANTS to get that chip knocked off their shoulder. In this case, there is no life-changing lessons that will be learned... just several weeks of distractions and fingerpointing till it gets old.

LOL, just go to middle school or high-school and see how much time is wasted on enforcing the dress-code. That time that is paid for by your tax dollars. And then thank the parents who read the conduct policy, sign the conduct policy, understand the conduct policy, but don't care about Jr. enough to enforce it. Thanks... :rolleyes:

Personally, I think profanity on clothing is tacky (LOL). Aside from that, there's a HUGE difference between wearing something with profane language (Which is not allowed by most public schools I believe) and, as we label it, cross-dressing, BECAUSE the clothing is INDEED permittable, but by only one sex? not fair...

I read so much about these tax dollars. Everyone pays them... from all 3 sides of the argument...

However, I do agree with you. Uniformity in public schools would take care of this issue. HOWEVER, the uniforms IMHO should not deviate between male and female because that is somewhat discriminating. There are too many in's and out's with dress codes. Uniforms = check+1.. same for both sexes. And if you disagree, then you're sexist. :P

BobcatBenny
09-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Some of us are insane and don't wear women's clothes. :eek:

Hey, at least this kid is not being home schooled!

I have met a lot of annoying home schooled kids that have never been taught one of the most valuable lessons in life. It is one of the most educational lessons you can be taught . . .

If you annoy others enough, you will eventually take a beating!

And . . . No! I was not home schooled. :D

Obviously, I just have a fettish.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Same difference here...

If this is true, why aren't the same principles upheld on levels of higher education, i.e. college? What you're doing is giving someone else the ultimate power to choose because you're afraid that it's going to interfere with someone else's learning environment. It's plain and simple, look at the chalkboard and pay attention to the teacher. If a student was doing that, which is what they're supposed to be doing instead of heckling other students, then this wouldn't be a problem. This can be chalked up to two things, parents making excuses for a child not learning the material or administrators who like to pass judgment on students and throw their weight around. (You can take it as either one.) Personally, everyone should have the right to do or say as they please in any setting as long as it is respectful to others and not lewd and vulgar. Who are you, me, or anyone else to judge what someone does? It's not our place, not based on the principles our nation was built upon nor in the eyes of God. My personal opinion is that there are a lot of people who need to open their eyes and A. first of all stop acting like they're better than everyone else because they choose to conform and B. stop giving someone else the right to decide how others live their life.

rockdale80
09-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
If this is true, why aren't the same principles upheld on levels of higher education, i.e. college? What you're doing is giving someone else the ultimate power to choose because you're afraid that it's going to interfere with someone else's learning environment. It's plain and simple, look at the chalkboard and pay attention to the teacher. If a student was doing that, which is what they're supposed to be doing instead of heckling other students, then this wouldn't be a problem. This can be chalked up to two things, parents making excuses for a child not learning the material or administrators who like to pass judgment on students and throw their weight around. (You can take it as either one.) Personally, everyone should have the right to do or say as they please in any setting as long as it is respectful to others and not lewd and vulgar. Who are you, me, or anyone else to judge what someone does? It's not our place, not based on the principles our nation was built upon nor in the eyes of God. My personal opinion is that there are a lot of people who need to open their eyes and A. first of all stop acting like they're better than everyone else because they choose to conform and B. stop giving someone else the right to decide how others live their life.

thats crazy talk....How dare you bring logic to this conversation? :thinking:

Well put. I couldnt agree more. I remember when some said black people in school would cause a distraction too. Sure its an apples and oranges arguement, but a very valid comparison.

Ranger Mom
09-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Who are you, me, or anyone else to judge what someone does? It's not our place, not based on the principles our nation was built upon nor in the eyes of God.

Okay.....then you shouldn't have accused your ex-teammate of being gay and saying you had pictures to prove it!!! :p :p

And...you shouldn't be on anyone's butt about who they voted for President and YOU shouldn't judge what said president does, because afterall...."who are you, me, or anyone else to judge what someone does??":kiss:

IHStangFan
09-04-2007, 11:53 AM
It might not be "quite" so bad if the outfit was actually cute and looked cute oh him..her...it??;) shim...the word you're looking for is "shim" :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Okay.....then you shouldn't have accused your ex-teammate of being gay and saying you had pictures to prove it!!! :p :p

And...you shouldn't be on anyone's butt about who they voted for President and YOU shouldn't judge what said president does, because afterall...."who are you, me, or anyone else to judge what someone does??":kiss:

Your ideals are preposterous, because what the President does not only impacts me or you but the entire nation. Did you think before you actually posted this? I criticized no one for voting for Bush, only gave reasons as to why they shouldn't and have criticized what he has done since he has been in office. I believe that I have done a very good job of respecting the opinions of others. As for the gay ex-teammate, that was a joke, we're talking about real life here, so let's not confuse the two.

Ranger Mom
09-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Your ideals are preposterous, because what the President does not only impacts me or you but the entire nation. Did you think before you actually posted this? I criticized no one for voting for Bush, only gave reasons as to why they shouldn't and have criticized what he has done since he has been in office. I believe that I have done a very good job of respecting the opinions of others. As for the gay ex-teammate, that was a joke, we're talking about real life here, so let's not confuse the two.

Geez...I figured the two smilies with tongue sticking out and the kissy smilie would have given you the first clue that it was a "joke"!!

I thought of anyone, YOU would be the one who got it....whats got your panties in a wad today!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Geez...I figured the two smilies with tongue sticking out and the kissy smilie would have given you the first clue that it was a "joke"!!

I thought of anyone, YOU would be the one who got it....whats got your panties in a wad today!!

I'm not mad, just irritated by how people are showing their true colors on this thread and how they perceive other people and hold themselves above others. I'm not saying it's everyone who has posted on this thread, but it's shameful to read some of this stuff.

Ranger Mom
09-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Guys that wanna dress like a girl weird me out. If that is shameful of me, so be it.

Multiple piercings, especially on the face, freak me out too!! Shameful again, I suppose!!

Like I said earlier, I am not one that would confront someone like that, but I would darn sure raise an eyebrow!!

I refuse to apologize for feeling that way though! Unless I TELL you that is how I feel, you would never know it by my actions!!!

AP Panther Fan
09-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom Multiple piercings, especially on the face, freak me out too!! Shameful again, I suppose!!

What's worse is those great big holes that some people put in their ears in order to make a fashion statement...I definitely steer clear of those folks. I doubt the aborigines even subject their bodies to that anymore.

As for my true colors, I really don't think our public schools are a place for cross dressing. There is a time and place for expressing your personal preferences, but not in a public school setting. Perhaps if it is a school of higher education and I would guess it is still a distraction even at that age. JMHO

pirate4state
09-04-2007, 02:34 PM
These are the types of threads that will only get people in trouble :dispntd: