PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Sealy

CheerMom
09-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Well G2 is coming to the "Swamp" for this game. What is everyone's opinion on this matchup?

luvhoops34
09-01-2007, 07:12 PM
After Sealy's poor showing against Bellville, I gotta go with Rice.:D

zebrablue2
09-02-2007, 08:50 AM
rice is a very good 2a playoff contender. sealy is a below avg. 3a team. rice by 2 touchdowns.

CheerMom
09-02-2007, 03:30 PM

CheerMom
09-02-2007, 05:27 PM
No Sealy posters with any input???:(

rancher
09-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Unless Sealy makes a 180 degree turn, I agree Rice will win this one by 2 touchdowns. Sealy is just a bad team, no leadership or discpline on the team. Very disappointed in the coaching job by the "Messiah". Stick a fork in this Sealy team, they are done.

burnet44
09-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Well G2 is coming to the "Swamp" for this game.

both teams will be done for the year

gobbler grad
09-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm going with Rice, that QB they have is a big one and he's gonna be hell this year...:thinking:
Rice by at least 10 points...:clap:

fireman1
09-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Unless Sealy makes a 180 degree turn, I agree Rice will win this one by 2 touchdowns. Sealy is just a bad team, no leadership or discpline on the team. Very disappointed in the coaching job by the "Messiah". Stick a fork in this Sealy team, they are done.

wow rancher wasnt it you that said that the "Messiah" was going to have the Sealy Tigers 3-0 going into district with wins over Bellville, La Grange, and Rice? :thinking: Giving up on them so quickly I see :confused:

rancher
09-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Im not a homer, I just expected a better coaching job from someone who came as highly touted as he did. Friday night was the first time Ive seen Sealy, they are just a bad team. The low point to me was when #66 of the Sealy defense stomped in the middle of the Bellville's lineman's back as he was lying face down on the ground. He did this right in front of an offical thank goodness and it gave Bellville a first down. The Bellville QB had been sacked on the play. Dont see anything coming either from the JV. Sealy will be 0-10 this season unless things change quick. Call um as I see um.

burnet44
09-03-2007, 10:02 AM
DNA is a tough thing to over come

GOFOR2
09-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Im not a homer, I just expected a better coaching job from someone who came as highly touted as he did. Friday night was the first time Ive seen Sealy, they are just a bad team. The low point to me was when #66 of the Sealy defense stomped in the middle of the Bellville's lineman's back as he was lying face down on the ground. He did this right in front of an offical thank goodness and it gave Bellville a first down. The Bellville QB had been sacked on the play. Dont see anything coming either from the JV. Sealy will be 0-10 this season unless things change quick. Call um as I see um.

You should be or must be a Syracuse Orangemen fan too.

pirate4state
09-03-2007, 11:12 AM

Coaches can only do so much with what they have to work with.

Bull's-eye
09-03-2007, 11:59 AM
IMO, Sealy needs to simplify things a bit on offense. They had more success when they ran their base plays. The new offense will take time for those players to learn and it may be just too much to swallow this early in the season. I'm expecting to see some improvement from the Sealy offense, but Rice should win by at least 2 touchdowns.

Bull's-eye
09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Coaches can only do so much with what they have to work with.

Sealy does have some talent. IMO, Sealy was poorly running too many plays out of too many formations. They would be better off perfecting a smaller playbook and gradually adding new plays and formations.

BILLYFRED0000
09-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Sealy does have some talent. IMO, Sealy was poorly running too many plays out of too many formations. They would be better off perfecting a smaller playbook and gradually adding new plays and formations.

Yes but this is the time of the year that you install things and see what works and what doesn't. You can always pull back but if you start small and it does not work then you wind up trying to put stuff in and hope it works. Give the guy a little credit. Let's see if coach pulls back a little or if the team improves a little. Still,
you can't have bad attitudes out there and they may have some.

Raider Nurse
09-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Rice looked pretty good on Friday night. I think Rice will win this game but it always a tough match up between these 2 teams. Go Rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

rancher
09-03-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree coaching can only do so much, but when the whole team lacks the discipline shown Friday night by Sealy, the whole coaching staff must accept blame. There is no excuse for the breakdowns and penalties that kept Bellville drives alive that lead to touchdowns. That is a lack of discipline which must be taught and instill by coaching.

Bull's-eye
09-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yes but this is the time of the year that you install things and see what works and what doesn't.

I totally agree, but when your team is having trouble running all the plays, you might of want to scale back the offense.

scotty
09-03-2007, 04:16 PM
If you remember all along when Rancher predicted the 3-0 Sealy start I suggested that folks be patient when it came to the Tiger's progress. Mitchell is playing several kids who haven't been in the program for one reason or another and he is giving them a chance to play. The incident Rancher mentioned I'm told was a retalitory thing and everyone saw only the second part. Mitchell, properly, took the kid out of the game and he didn't come back the rest of the contest. My biggest dissapointment in Sealy is they are no longer the hitters they used to be. I can remember when they would light you up...you no longer see that. I also believe this staff will bring it back.

BILLYFRED0000
09-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by scotty
If you remember all along when Rancher predicted the 3-0 Sealy start I suggested that folks be patient when it came to the Tiger's progress. Mitchell is playing several kids who haven't been in the program for one reason or another and he is giving them a chance to play. The incident Rancher mentioned I'm told was a retalitory thing and everyone saw only the second part. Mitchell, properly, took the kid out of the game and he didn't come back the rest of the contest. My biggest dissapointment in Sealy is they are no longer the hitters they used to be. I can remember when they would light you up...you no longer see that. I also believe this staff will bring it back.

That is what it takes. Ya gotta bring the load. And when you find somethin to hit, unload.

bobcat04
09-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Rice is awfully good and if Sealy doesn't come to play it could get ugly. Sealy is in a process of building a program and sometimes it takes some time. It's not always X's and O's sometimes it's the joe's and the Raiders joe's are pretty good.

scotty
09-03-2007, 07:49 PM
You don't build a program overnight. Lookiing back just remember the doormats that Rice used to be. They had numerous coaching changes and it just didn't look like it was going to help. Then they hired Rusty Roark and they started to turn around. It didn't happen suddenly, but I believe the first thing he did was establish discipline and then they went to work in the weight room. Even under Roark and his staff they took their lumps early but each year there was some improvement. Walking through their kids they developed some big strong kids and started kicking butt. And they've been kicking butt ever since. Coach Dumont came with Roark and it seems he is continuing along the same lines as Roark did and the results are very similar. For the past seven or eight years or so the Raiders have been one of the premere football programs in the area.

CheerMom
09-03-2007, 07:58 PM
I couldn't agree more, Scotty.

JettJenkins04
09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Nice way 2 put it he made us work or tails off on the field n off. When u have respect for a leader n don't wanna fail him u will do anything to be perfect n that's what coach Roark turned us into a great program.

Good luck Raiders but yeah Sealy has just always been that heated Rival.

Franklin's Towe
09-04-2007, 11:05 PM
What happened to Sealy?

Was T.J. Mills that important to their program? I know he has been gone for years, but they really haven't been the force they were without him.

I apologize if this is a hot button issue, but I remember when I was in high school in the 90's they were unstoppable and now there is talk of them going 0-10?

g$$
09-05-2007, 03:38 AM
Rice wins big...& it gets ugly fast! Sealy is rebuilding & taking their lumps now. Give it time, 7-12.