PDA

View Full Version : Any of the Ingleside posters know anything about these new guys?

big daddy russ
09-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Heard there was a soph QB with a cannon who took over halfway through the game. Didn't get many throws in, but can really fling the ball.

Also saw on Caller.com and heard from Izzy about that kid who's 6'8" 325. Iz said he didn't see the field much, but that he was an animal when he was out there.

What's the deal with those two? Fish's Mom? Ingleside Fan? Bueller? Bueller?

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Heard there was a soph QB with a cannon who took over halfway through the game. Didn't get many throws in, but can really fling the ball.

Also saw on Caller.com and heard from Izzy about that kid who's 6'8" 325. Iz said he didn't see the field much, but that he was an animal when he was out there.

What's the deal with those two? Fish's Mom? Ingleside Fan? Bueller? Bueller? yeah, I had heard that some young QB w/ an arm took over. Hopefully they stick w/ him. Move Coffield back to RB where he belongs and feed him the ball. Hadn't heard about the 6'8" kid though....geez!

Speakin of QBs...did anyone happen to hear how Comfort did? Curious to know what Chrisman is going to do under center up there this year after playing WR last year.

big daddy russ
09-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Couldnt' find any stats, but saw that Comfort beat Ingram Moore 26-0. Must be doing alright.

R4Editor
09-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

Speakin of QBs...did anyone happen to hear how Comfort did? Curious to know what Chrisman is going to do under center up there this year after playing WR last year. ITM drops season opener to Comfort

By I. Donnell Moore
The Daily Times

Published September 2, 2007

By I.Donnell Moore

Times Sports Writer

The only thing that came easy on Friday night was the endless amount of crickets that seemed to multiply as the Ingram Tom Moore Warriors opened their football season against the Comfort Bobcats.

Despite losing 26-0, the game was much closer than the score indicated.

Down 6-0 in the third quarter, Bobcat quarterback Travis Chrisman threw a lob pass in the air that was picked off by Warriors safety Tyler Brown.

After completing the interception, Brown followed his teammates to the endzone for a

60-yard touchdown and the Warriors first score of the season.

No one seemed to notice the bright yellow flag on the other end of the field.

Offsides. Bobcats ball in the redzone.

It would be the last time one of the Warriors would enter the endzone for the rest of the night.

“That play was huge for us,” Coach Bubba Walters said. “The bad part was the flag was thrown right about the time that Tyler entered their redzone, but what can you do.”

After the penalty, the Bobcats scored on a 25-yard pass from Chrisman to Vance Lich to give Comfort a 13-0 lead.

Stopping the Warriors on the next possession, the Bobcats capitalized their next drive with another bomb to Lich to up their lead to 19.

“That was basically a 14 point swing and in a close game that is very crucial,” Comfort head coach Lee Wigington said. “After the penalty cost them that score, I think it deflated them a little bit. It helped to boost our kids.”

Lich ended the game with five catches for 124 yards and two touchdowns.

The Warriors reached the redzone again, but Brown fumbled the ball and the Bobcats were able to recover and finish them off for their first win.

Chrisman ended the game with 255 yards and four touchdowns. The Bobcats running back Hector Ortega used just 16 rushes to reach 143 yards and receiver Will Pace caught nine balls for 96 yards and two touchdowns.

“I am never disappointed in my boys when they give their all,” said Walters. “We made some mistakes, but this is a step in the right direction for us and we will use it that way.”

The Warriors only reached nine first downs, five of which were from a penalty. ITM quarterback Kyle Pieper completed two of his eight passes for 31 yards, and recorded one interception.

The Warriors play next Friday at Universal City Randolph and Comfort will play Devine at home.

Contact I. Donnell Moore at donnell.moore(at)dailytimes.com

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Guess so. You think Coach H will stick w/ the new QB? I bet he doesn't. How bout the transfer RB that didn't play last night...you think he gets some playing time next week? I heard he's injured...but don't know what the injury is. You got any scoop?

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Coach Bubba....LOL....NIIIIICE.

PS..thanks for the scoop R4

big daddy russ
09-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Guess so. You think Coach H will stick w/ the new QB? I bet he doesn't. How bout the transfer RB that didn't play last night...you think he gets some playing time next week? I heard he's injured...but don't know what the injury is. You got any scoop?
I think they may. Coffield's one of those guys who will excel no matter where he plays. They could stick him at guard and he'd knock some kids on their butts. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the soph learns the offense and how well he performs as the year goes on.

As far as the AP transfer, Green's good enough to play on Saturdays. I've watched him since he was in pee wee (I was still working for the Progress back then) and then junior high and he was a man among boys even back then. When I used to open up the church on Thursday and Saturday nights for hoops, he'd show up and play with Tommy, Buggy, Mike Johnston, Brian Cribb, Aaron, and all the other big boys. And that 12-someodd-year-old kid would hold his own against all of us.

He's an athlete one way or the other, and what's even scarier is that his best sport (as far as I know) is football.

But anyways, if that soph transfer turns out to be a diamond in the rough, how's this for a loaded backfield?

QB: Soph transfer (don't know his name)
RB: Coffield
RB: Green Hill
RB: Matthew Rodriguez (Remember him? Great, shifty change-of-pace back. He carried our running game in the games I saw last year.)

If that happens, I'm wondering if the coaches may use Coffield or Hill in an H-back-type role. I don't know if they could do it with a shotgun formation (at least I've never seen or heard of it), but with all those kids we have in the backfield, we'd be able to use those guys so many different ways. Have them run the ball one play, block the next, and then line up in the slot right after that. You line Coffield or Hill up against a LB or a team's nickel back, they could do some damage.

And again, these are all just stream-of-consciousness thoughts. Hesseltine always seems to go through an adjustment period through the first five games of every season, then the boys gel, pull everything together, and start hitting on all cylinders. He has a better idea of where to play these guys and where they fit in best with the offense, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the team looks like when district rolls around.

PS: I don't know if you would've called Zach an H-Back last year or not. I honestly don't know what you'd call him. He'd go from WR to RB and then would take an occasional snap. I don't know if we could have all three RB's on the field at the same time with the shotgun, but there's a lot of talent back there.

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I think they may. Coffield's one of those guys who will excel no matter where he plays. They could stick him at guard and he'd knock some kids on their butts. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the soph learns the offense and how well he performs as the year goes on.

As far as the AP transfer, Green's good enough to play on Saturdays. I've watched him since he was in pee wee (I was still working for the Progress back then) and then junior high and he was a man among boys even back then. When I used to open up the church on Thursday and Saturday nights for hoops, he'd show up and play with Tommy, Buggy, Mike Johnston, Brian Cribb, Aaron, and all the other big boys. And that 12-someodd-year-old kid would hold his own against all of us.

He's an athlete one way or the other, and what's even scarier is that his best sport (as far as I know) is football.

But anyways, if that soph transfer turns out to be a diamond in the rough, how's this for a loaded backfield?

QB: Soph transfer (don't know his name)
RB: Coffield
RB: Green Hill
RB: Matthew Rodriguez (Remember him? Great, shifty change-of-pace back. He carried our running game in the games I saw last year.)

If that happens, I'm wondering if the coaches may use Coffield or Hill in an H-back-type role. I don't know if they could do it with a shotgun formation (at least I've never seen or heard of it), but with all those kids we have in the backfield, we'd be able to use those guys so many different ways. Have them run the ball one play, block the next, and then line up in the slot right after that. You line Coffield or Hill up against a LB or a team's nickel back, they could do some damage.

PS: I don't know if you would've called Zach an H-Back last year or not. I honestly don't know what you'd call him. He'd go from WR to RB and then would take an occasional snap. I don't know if we could have all three RB's on the field at the same time with the shotgun, but there's a lot of talent back there. heck...if you start the new kid at QB..and the Hill kid is the RB....youre right, Coffield is an athelete...I'd try him at LB or CB or something. Somewhere on the D where he could use his speed to make plays.

big daddy russ
09-01-2007, 01:02 PM
heck...if you start the new kid at QB..and the Hill kid is the RB....youre right, Coffield is an athelete...I'd try him at LB or CB or something. Somewhere on the D where he could use his speed to make plays.
I know he played safety on D last year, don't know where they have him this year, but that's where (IMO) his future is. He's a helluva player, has good coverage skills (especially for a S), and is very rangy. He's another kid who can play on Saturdays, but I think he'll get better offers for his defense.

His mom was saying that a few Ivy League schools were looking at him and requested his transcripts last year, but that he really wants to go to A&M. Either way, if he's getting looks from the Ivy League, that's still D-IAA.

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 01:06 PM
I know he played safety on D last year, don't know where they have him this year, but that's where (IMO) his future is. He's a helluva player, has good coverage skills (especially for a S), and is very rangy. He's another kid who can play on Saturdays, but I think he'll get better offers for his defense.

His mom was saying that a few Ivy League schools were looking at him and requested his transcripts last year, but that he really wants to go to A&M. Either way, if he's getting looks from the Ivy League, that's still D-IAA. yeah, I agree...his D is what'll get him noticed. IMO he just isn't a QB. He does not possess that..."it" under center. I will not argue though, the kid is a great athelete and will no doubt be an asset SOMEWHERE for the Mustangs this season.

big daddy russ
09-01-2007, 01:09 PM
yeah, I agree...his D is what'll get him noticed. IMO he just isn't a QB. He does not possess that..."it" under center. I will not argue though, the kid is a great athelete and will no doubt be an asset SOMEWHERE for the Mustangs this season.
No doubt. One of my favorite players to watch.

And he may not be a pure QB, but he is a guy that you want to get the ball in his hands every play. Because of that, if nobody else works out under center, I don't have a problem in the world with him as our QB.

99IHSMustang
09-01-2007, 01:11 PM
yeah, I had heard that some young QB w/ an arm took over. Hopefully they stick w/ him. Move Coffield back to RB where he belongs and feed him the ball. Hadn't heard about the 6'8" kid though....geez!

Speakin of QBs...did anyone happen to hear how Comfort did? Curious to know what Chrisman is going to do under center up there this year after playing WR last year.

The kid, or should I say man child, who is listed to be 6-8 325lbs is number 72 Michael Brasher. If they overestimated his height on the roster list I would have to say it was not by much. They put him in for several plays and he pretty much man handled the poor guy's who went up against him. Oh... and did I mention this young man is only a Jr. He didn't seem to be slow off the line and he didn't have anything wrapped or taped, such as his knees or ankles. My guess is maybe he just doesn't know the plays very well yet. Hill, AP transfer, was still not in uniform so I am not sure what is wrong with him. The new soph QB transfer played well and looked comfortable while he was in. It is going to be an interesting season for Ingleside if or when these players get more playing time.

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 01:12 PM
No doubt. One of my favorite players to watch.

And he may not be a pure QB, but he is a guy that you want to get the ball in his hands every play. Because of that, if nobody else works out under center, I don't have a problem in the world with him as our QB. OH agreed...wasn't my intention to bash him at QB. He is, and has always been an option at QB....but if we had a "traditional" style QB in the system...Coffield would be better utilized elsewhere. It's his legs/speed that make him dangerous & not so much his arm / accuracy.

big daddy russ
09-01-2007, 01:15 PM
OH agreed...wasn't my intention to bash him at QB. He is, and has always been an option at QB....but if we had a "traditional" style QB in the system...Coffield would be better utilized elsewhere. It's his legs/speed that make him dangerous & not so much his arm / accuracy.
No worries. I didn't take it that way.

And I agree. He's just a great athlete. But when you get a kid like that, you're sometimes limited on where you can put him by what you have everywhere else.

After talking to Izzy last night, I really think this year's team could be a good one. I guess we'll just have to see where it goes from here.

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
The kid, or should I say man child, who is listed to be 6-8 325lbs is number 72 Michael Brasher. If they overestimated his height on the roster list I would have to say it was not by much. They put him in for several plays and he pretty much man handled the poor guy's who went up against him. Oh... and did I mention this young man is only a Jr. He didn't seem to be slow off the line and he didn't have anything wrapped or taped, such as his knees or ankles. My guess is maybe he just doesn't know the plays very well yet. Hill, AP transfer, was still not in uniform so I am not sure what is wrong with him. The new soph QB transfer played well and looked comfortable while he was in. It is going to be an interesting season for Ingleside if or when these players get more playing time. Brasher.....I knew some Brashers when I was a kid...they were all big people. Gotta be related.

Ingleside Fan
09-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Hull is the Soph QB name. He did well last night. First game and all. I will try and get more information.

Fish's mom
09-04-2007, 03:24 PM
As Coffield 's mom, I can tell you that had him play just about every position except the line. He didn't volunteer for QB and is happy just to play at all times HAHA He's playing DB for defense and he's talking like they may move him to WR or RB or even switching out QB's for different plays. He loves this game but I believe safety and lineback is his favorite spot. He does not have the tallness for college QB, says he can barely see over his own line(he's 6 foot):thinking: They won but it usually takes a few games to get the kinks out.......I just hope they don't change his number again. #40 as freshman, #24 Soph, #5 Junior, see I want simple things like #5 for all of this year (Senior)

Said going to have make some changes on the line.......some were thrown around like rag dolls in fact I think he got to see alot of TM's line those first two quarters HAHAHA

I'll see what he says after this weeks practice.

Take care everyone.

AP Panther Fan
09-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Jennifer, best wishes for Josh this season...hope it is injury free and he gets to keep #5!;)

A couple of weeks ago, when Ingleside was scrimmaging GP, I believe it was GP King or GP83 that said Hill might had had some hamstring problems when he sat out of that scrimmage.

IHStangFan
09-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
As Coffield 's mom, I can tell you that had him play just about every position except the line. He didn't volunteer for QB and is happy just to play at all times HAHA He's playing DB for defense and he's talking like they may move him to WR or RB or even switching out QB's for different plays. He loves this game but I believe safety and lineback is his favorite spot. He does not have the tallness for college QB, says he can barely see over his own line(he's 6 foot):thinking: They won but it usually takes a few games to get the kinks out.......I just hope they don't change his number again. #40 as freshman, #24 Soph, #5 Junior, see I want simple things like #5 for all of this year (Senior)

Said going to have make some changes on the line.......some were thrown around like rag dolls in fact I think he got to see alot of TM's line those first two quarters HAHAHA

I'll see what he says after this weeks practice.

Take care everyone. HECK yes...I'd LOVE to see Josh at LB. He's got size...he's definately got speed...that would be interesting!! I'll keep my fingers crossed! :)