PDA

View Full Version : District 18-3A WOW....

Milk That Cow
09-01-2007, 09:52 AM
I know Liberty Hill and Hutto are gonna be pretty good...

But Rockdale, Cameron, and Taylor had "awful" Week 1 performances...

When the re-alignments came out this was one of the Toughest, if not The Toughest, District in the State....

Now it's one of the weakest...

How did that change so quickly?

3afan
09-01-2007, 09:55 AM
its way to early to say that .........

gobbler grad
09-01-2007, 10:02 AM
don't think it's a tough district, unless your Taylor, Rockdale, or Cameron...Liberty Hill and Hutto will cruise through and fight it out for the championship...you just don't often see 3 of those teams in the top 10 or 20...just my opinion...:thinking:

ILS1
09-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
don't think it's a tough district, unless your Taylor, Rockdale, or Cameron...Liberty Hill and Hutto will cruise through and fight it out for the championship...you just don't often see 3 of those teams in the top 10 or 20...just my opinion...:thinking:

I know it's early but I think Liberty Hill will win easily and Hutto 2nd. The Hippos offense made some early mistake which is typical of a young team. Fumble QB snaps,low snaps on Shotgun formation and just plain old fumbles. The o-line looked really good on some possessions they dominated the D. They eventually scored on the next 3 possessions. The run defense REALLY surprised me. The were very fast and quick to the ball and stopped a very quickly RB. The pass defense is a different story. The DC LOVES the Zone defense, I like it myself but there are some limitations. The Drippings Springs QB picked apart the D on some possessions. Just hitting receivers and backs directly behind the LB's. No pass rush to speak of. The Hippos usually NEVER blitz at ALL. But last night, they blitzed more than they have in the past 3 YEARS!!! But they looked great in the 4-4-3 defense which I wish they would run more. A consistent passing team will give the Hippos ALOT of trouble, even though they had 4 interceptions last night. I hope they improve week to week especially the Pass D!!!! LOL!!

:D :D

hutex04
09-01-2007, 01:51 PM
I think the pass d could easily be fixed. Just looked like some kids were not in the right spot. I think the coverage on kickoffs needs to be better. Running game and run defense looked good. I didnt see enough of the passing game today to really have a fair assesment.

Cameron Crazy
09-01-2007, 01:56 PM
I agree with 3afan. It's way to early.

JR2004
09-01-2007, 02:03 PM
I didn't think this was a tough district when realignment was announced and still don't. The one opposite of it is a meat grinder of a district though.

wookinpanub
09-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I know Liberty Hill and Hutto are gonna be pretty good...

But Rockdale, Cameron, and Taylor had "awful" Week 1 performances...

When the re-alignments came out this was one of the Toughest, if not The Toughest, District in the State....

Now it's one of the weakest...

How did that change so quickly?

yea, and the sad fact is that Caldwell would be unstoppable this year if Cobia hadn't been chased away to Taylor.

But we must keep that Hornet tradition alive of changing coaches as often as socks.

:mad:

c-town_balla
09-01-2007, 07:57 PM
i dont know how you can call cameron loss to LBJ awful....that was the most athletic team i have ever seen in my life.....we are a spread team if you dont know and a couple inches of rain will kill a passing attack....we lost 21-6 but we had numerous chances to win....we just didnt convert

Fal44
09-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I agree with 3afan. It's way to early.

I am glad it is still way to early to tell, last night we had some good looking series and then some horrible play.. so lets lose the horrible play and have good looking games.

buff4life
09-02-2007, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
i dont know how you can call cameron loss to LBJ awful....that was the most athletic team i have ever seen in my life.....we are a spread team if you dont know and a couple inches of rain will kill a passing attack....we lost 21-6 but we had numerous chances to win....we just didnt convert

LBJ has been horrible in the past few years...they can't become the Dallas Cowboys over night...

c-town_balla
09-02-2007, 10:11 AM
I didnt say they were the dallas cowboys. LBJ has always had the athlelets mabey they got the coaching now.

wookinpanub
09-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I didnt say they were the dallas cowboys. LBJ has always had the athlelets mabey they got the coaching now.

Cameron, keep your heads up. LBJ is no slouch, The Austin-area schools are very unpredictable from year to year. Remember, your team is a little young. You're lucky that your district is not strong beyond LIberty Hill and Hutto.

Your game with Rockdale should be closer than usual, but I see you taking third even though you might fall in the first or second round.

yoemenkracker30
09-02-2007, 12:45 PM
yes it rained at cameron's game the other night, they prolly got screwed on a couple calls from the always friendly austin chapter, however they could never capitalize on key lbj turnovers deep in their own territory...signs of a young team, keep your heads up and get it next week

HipposGitErDun
09-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I didn't think this was a tough district when realignment was announced and still don't. The one opposite of it is a meat grinder of a district though.

HMMM,, since realignment the district has one State runnerup and one state champion. But I guess you are right, it probably is not a very tough district. DUH

Franklin's Towe
09-04-2007, 10:54 PM
I'll admit I'm not all that familiar with 18-3A. I'm familiar with Liberty Hill, Hutto and Cameron by reputation, but other than that it's a bit of a mystery.

I can say this, as a fan of a team that is notorious for slow starts, don't worry about your non-district peformances.

In 2003, my Atlanta Rabbits started out 1-4 before reeling off 11 straight victories to capture the 3A-Div. II state title. In 1994, we started out 1-2, with two big losses back-to-back, before winning 12 in a row before eventaully falling in the state finals.

Last season, the Rabbits started out 0-6, but won all 4 of their district games, including a victory over eventual Div. I state champion Liberty-Eylau. Atlanta lost in the area round to Brownsboro, while Liberty-Eylau beat heavy favorite Gilmer in the first round. Gilmer destroyed my Rabbits in a non-district contest. On a side note, Pleasant Grove, the third place team from our district, won their bi-district match-up, giving us the district sweep in round 1. At the start of the season, it looked like we had a weak district, but after the first round of the playoffs all of our teams were still standing.

On the other end of the spectrum, there have been 7 10-0 regular seasons in Atlanta's history and the best finish was a quarterfinals appearance in 2001 (12-1), all the other 10-0 seasons ended with a bi-district exit.

I wouldn't start judging the strength of a team until district rolls around and I would hold off on judging the strength of a district until the playoffs roll around. I'm sure Liberty Hill and Hutto will still be playing at least 2 or 3 weeks into the playoffs and the third place team may make some noise in the bi-district and area rounds as well.

duckpluck
09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Hutto was state runner up BEFORE this district was set up. The current distrcits were announced FEB 06.

HipposGitErDun
09-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Hutto was state runner up BEFORE this district was set up. The current distrcits were announced FEB 06.

Correct,,, my bad, but the point is still valid

Milk That Cow
09-29-2007, 12:00 AM
I know the season is still being played out...

But, my first game prognosis about this district is coming true...

Taylor is Terrible...

and

Rockdale and Cameron are just not that good....

But, that's just my humble opinion...

wookinpanub
09-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I know the season is still being played out...

But, my first game prognosis about this district is coming true...

Taylor is Terrible...

and

Rockdale and Cameron are just not that good....

But, that's just my humble opinion...

Actually, Rockdale is not bad. They just play a tough non-district schedule that doesn't help build confidence and momentum before playing the likes of Liberty Hill and Hutto.

If they play like they did vs. Mexia, they could narrowly sneak in to the playoffs. If they do, it would shock me if they advanced though.

orangeblood
10-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
yea, and the sad fact is that Caldwell would be unstoppable this year if Cobia hadn't been chased away to Taylor.

But we must keep that Hornet tradition alive of changing coaches as often as socks.

:mad:

Before you make statements like that you may want to investigate. Sources close to the program quoted Cobia telling players that he was interviewing at other places. The lynch mob wasn't after Cobia but after the OC. No one ran Cobia off he opted for a 4A job and more perks. Of course Cobia got rid of him. And then re-hired him in Taylor I hear taylor is undefeated, not......
Humm!!!!!

Old Tiger
10-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Cobia is a far better coach than the one you have now. Sucks for Cobia that Taylor doesn't have any players.

orangeblood
10-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Cobia is a far better coach than the one you have now. Sucks for Cobia that Taylor doesn't have any players.

Cobia was a good person and a great politician. but he wasn't that involved with day to day practice. The coach we have now is a great coach and he is proving that with the things that he has implemented and he is a really good defensive coach and our offensive coach is pretty dang good too. He will rise to the top.

txhsfball
10-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Cobia is a far better coach than the one you have now. Sucks for Cobia that Taylor doesn't have any players. how could you possibly know that.. lol

Chris Hart
10-02-2007, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Cobia was a good person and a great politician. but he wasn't that involved with day to day practice. The coach we have now is a great coach and he is proving that with the things that he has implemented and he is a really good defensive coach and our offensive coach is pretty dang good too. He will rise to the top. From a distance, I agree with that statement. Cobia, IMO, never had Caldwell as scary at this point of the season as they are right now. Cobia is suffering in Taylor with big numbers, and Caldwell is thriving. Kudos to the new HC of Caldwell!!! Good Job!!!

Big_Tymer
10-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Howdy