PDA

View Full Version : Andrews vs Midland Christian?

Tres Lobos
09-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Anyone no a final on this?

Snydertigersrul
09-01-2007, 01:25 AM
They play tomorrow.

VERNONLION#1
09-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
They play tomorrow.
Where are they playing? Maybe we can get updates. Next up for the Lions is MC.

Ranger Mom
09-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Where are they playing? Maybe we can get updates. Next up for the Lions is MC.

Strange....in the Midland paper, they are showing that the game was played last night.

Andrews - 36

Midland Christian - 6

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That is also the score that shows in the post that WOS87 made in the scores thread!

westtxfballfan
09-01-2007, 09:37 AM
I was at the game, and it is hard to say how good Andrews is as Midland Christian looked absolutely horrible. The epitome being when they tried to run a reverse on a kickoff (down 29-6) with their two deep men and the kids ran into each other at the 8 hard enough that they both stayed down for a while. It was one of the best hits of the night, actually. No defenders were within 25 yards of them. Both were fine eventually, but they started that drive inside their ten.

They tried it again on the next return near the end of the game, and they fumbled the exchange and recovered it at their own 7.

I guess MC hired the wrong players this year or they're having salary cap problems. More than likely it was just a really bad game. It will be interesting to see if they bounce back for Vernon and then Monahans.

Giving Andrews their due, they looked better than they did early in the season last year.

Interesting side note: Andrews' best player perhaps ever (along with Shaud Williams) is a guy named Van Pearcy who played about '79-'81 before going to Notre Dame. His son played for MC last night in his dad's old stomping grounds, though didn't factor into the game. The announcer at one point though said, "Pass intended for Vance Pearcy. A very familiar name on this field and to Andrews fans."

VERNONLION#1
09-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
I was at the game, and it is hard to say how good Andrews is as Midland Christian looked absolutely horrible. The epitome being when they tried to run a reverse on a kickoff (down 29-6) with their two deep men and the kids ran into each other at the 8 hard enough that they both stayed down for a while. It was one of the best hits of the night, actually. No defenders were within 25 yards of them. Both were fine eventually, but they started that drive inside their ten.

They tried it again on the next return near the end of the game, and they fumbled the exchange and recovered it at their own 7.

I guess MC hired the wrong players this year or they're having salary cap problems. More than likely it was just a really bad game. It will be interesting to see if they bounce back for Vernon and then Monahans.

Giving Andrews their due, they looked better than they did early in the season last year.

Interesting side note: Andrews' best player perhaps ever (along with Shaud Williams) is a guy named Van Pearcy who played about '79-'81 before going to Notre Dame. His son played for MC last night in his dad's old stomping grounds, though didn't factor into the game. The announcer at one point though said, "Pass intended for Vance Pearcy. A very familiar name on this field and to Andrews fans."
Hopefully Vernon can continue where they left off last night. The Lions dominated both sides of the ball.

charlesrixey
09-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Vernon did very well last night

looks like Graham, Vernon, Argyle, Abilene Wylie are the top so far
in region I,
with monahans, snyder, decatur, Burkburnett all right there

not enough differentiation at this point in the season

VWG
09-01-2007, 06:42 PM
One thing to remember about Midland Christian, they lost their stud RB this year. The kid, Berryhill, transferred for his sr. year to Odessa Permian.