PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 35 Sealy 7

rancher
08-31-2007, 11:45 PM
Just back from rain delay start. The "messiah" could not produce a miracle in this game. Sealy was the same old Sealy of last year, bad play and an even worse offense than Bellville. I was very disappointed in the lack of discipline of Sealy as they commited several stupid acts that cost them touchdowns. There was no excuse for #66 of Sealy stomping in the middle of that Bellville lineman when he was lying face down. Nunn of Bellville had a very good game running the ball. Runnells showed that he may give Bellville that speed back. However, the passing game for Bellville was very very lacking. How many sacks did the QB take. Bellville running attack looked strong against a lack luster Sealy defense. The next two weeks will tell how good Bellville will be. As for Sealy, if they do not take big strides quickly, I see an 0-10 team. Im for any Austin County Team.

zebrablue2
09-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Just back from rain delay start. The "messiah" could not produce a miracle in this game. Sealy was the same old Sealy of last year, bad play and an even worse offense than Bellville. I was very disappointed in the lack of discipline of Sealy as they commited several stupid acts that cost them touchdowns. There was no excuse for #66 of Sealy stomping in the middle of that Bellville lineman when he was lying face down. Nunn of Bellville had a very good game running the ball. Runnells showed that he may give Bellville that speed back. However, the passing game for Bellville was very very lacking. How many sacks did the QB take. Bellville running attack looked strong against a lack luster Sealy defense. The next two weeks will tell how good Bellville will be. As for Sealy, if they do not take big strides quickly, I see an 0-10 team. Im for any Austin County Team.

hate to say I told you so rancher, but I told you so. you picked
sealy to upset the brahmas. I said sealy is a year away.
good game brahmas. keep up the good work, and good luck to
sealy the rest of the way.

buff4life
09-01-2007, 01:34 AM
i think i called it also...

g$$
09-01-2007, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by rancher

If you keep jumping on & off bandwagons then you will end up breaking your ankles Rancher! It will take time. Nobody is a "messiah" in the crazy world of coaching. It took Jimmy Johnson a while in Dallas too. Gotta have talent & a system in place. Give it time buddy!

rancher
09-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Im eating a lot of crow on my call on this game. I was expecting to see more from Sealy, but it was just the same old Sealy, the one with a bad team. In what I have heard, not muching coming up until the Freshman class arrives. But you still have the big kid in Austin county called Bellville with a winning progam that is hard to beat. My biggest disappointment with Bellville is the lack of numbers in the program. By the way, both of my sons played for Bellville, I remember sitting in Sealy my oldests son's senior year when Sealy beat them 72-0. That was in 97.

Bull's-eye
09-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I counted only 9 SR's playing for Bellville, which is kind of sad. I give praise to the Bellville coaching staff for doing such a great job with the underclassmen. Losing 4-5 starters and they still field a very good team. Keep these boys together and they should make some noise in the upcoming seasons.

I thought they left some points off the scoreboard. With a little better passing game, they could of easily scored 2-3 more TD's. QB missed a few open receivers and a couple of dropped passes kept the score close in the first half. Also, the OL needs to do a better job of pass blocking. In the first half they weren't opening many holes for the running game, but they corrected that in the 2nd half. The defense looked sharp and are very quick to the ball. They had a few missed tackles, but usually there was another player there to stop the runner. They did have only one major breakdown or they would of recorded a shutout. Jury is still out on what this defense can do against a better offense. IMO, the Bellville coaches did a good job, but they need to do a better job with field position. They gave up way too many yards on kickoffs and not fielding punts. The one time Bellville fielded the punt, Medina took it to the house.

Bull19
09-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I counted only 9 SR's playing for Bellville, which is kind of sad. I give praise to the Bellville coaching staff for doing such a great job with the underclassmen. Losing 4-5 starters and they still field a very good team. Keep these boys together and they should make some noise in the upcoming seasons.

I thought they left some points off the scoreboard. With a little better passing game, they could of easily scored 2-3 more TD's. QB missed a few open receivers and a couple of dropped passes kept the score close in the first half. Also, the OL needs to do a better job of pass blocking. In the first half they weren't opening many holes for the running game, but they corrected that in the 2nd half. The defense looked sharp and are very quick to the ball. They had a few missed tackles, but usually there was another player there to stop the runner. They did have only one major breakdown or they would of recorded a shutout. Jury is still out on what this defense can do against a better offense. IMO, the Bellville coaches did a good job, but they need to do a better job with field position. They gave up way too many yards on kickoffs and not fielding punts. The one time Bellville fielded the punt, Medina took it to the house.

WELL SAID.....ALTHOUGH I DID PICK SEALY TO UPSET BELLVILLE I DIDNT THINK SEALY WOULD BE THAT FLAT, BUT THEY WERE. I'M STILL NOT SOLD ON BELLVILLE YET FOR THIS YEAR. IT WILL TAKE A FEW MORE GAMES AND ALOT BETTER PASSING GAME TO MAKE ME TAKE THE BAIT. HOPEFULLY BELLVILLE CAN WORK IN A FEW MORE SCREENS AND MAYBE SOME LITTLE HITCH ROUTES TO THE TALL TE (JUST THROW THE BALL HIGH AND HE CAN COME DOWN WITH IT) TO BUILD SOME CONFIDENCE FOR CONLEY BECAUSE HE CLEARLY ISN'T THE KIND OF QB WHO IS GOING TO THROW 45 YARD TD STRIKES. I THINK AFTER THE COLUMBIA WE WILL BE ABLE TO TELL JUST WHAT KIND OF TEAM BELLVILLE WILL HAVE THIS YEAR.

scotty
09-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't know about Sealy being flat, this may be as good as they really are. Many coaches that come to a program that needs rebuilding will play that sophomore with equal or a bit less talent ahead of the senior in order to build for the future. Don't be surprised if you see that in Sealy. And Rancher, the scores between Sealy and Bellville in the eight years the Tigers won starting in 1993 are 21-14; 55-3; 28-12; 31-7; 56-0; 14-7; 44-3; and 24-6. I just couldn't remember Sealy beating Bellville as bad as you wrote they did.

Bull's-eye
09-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Sealy will get better, but let's not assume that they are terrible because of one game. I was shocked to see Bellville's defense dominate Brenham's offense in the early part of their scrimmage, so maybe this Bellville defense is better than we all expected. Only time will tell but let's see how Sealy fairs against Rice and also how Bellville performs vs Columbia.

scotty
09-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Can you see Sealy's defense matching up well against Rice, I can't. Rice has an extra good big mobile quarterback, big tall outstanding receiver and an outstanding running back. Third (Giddings, Bellville and Rice) tough assignment in a row for an inexperienced, rebuilding Sealy program.