PDA

View Full Version : Muleshoe 52, Childress 36

Da Mules
08-31-2007, 11:19 PM
da Mules put the whoop on the Childress Bobcats tonight. Lots of offense by both teams, but MuleAir was bit too much for the Bobcats. Muleshoe had 538 yards O, and about 438 of that was via MuleAir. Heck of a show by QB Garrett Riley, and receiver Dusty CLayton had a career night.
I was very impressed with Childress RB Bo Helm. what a horse super acceleration, elusive open field runner, and absolutely cannot be brought down by any type of arm tackle or the little fall down in front of him Deion Sanders-type tackle. Super back.
Muleshoe had Childress down 40-7 and started substituting on defense. The BObcats took advantage, and had us worried in the stands for a while, but the offense just kept scoring, even the 2n string added 2 touchdowns. Good game Childress-- get them Stratford Elks next week. We are headed to Lubbock Cooper.

trenchdweller
09-04-2007, 02:20 PM
give me a score this week from texas tech west campus

Da Mules
09-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Trench, depends on whether Cooper can stop the spread and if da Mules can stop the run. We contained a very big Bobcat O-line and two good RB's... I would rate #42 Bo Helm as a definite high D2 and possibly even D1 prospect. He's very fast, accelerates as hard as Pirate Trey Wood did, and has outstanding open-field moves. Didn't see him go down with a Deion Sanders-type "trip-tackle" all night; he just kind of stepped over any such attempts.

Of course the Pirates have the notorious home field advantage this week. :p

Let's say Muleshoe 28, Cooper 21. Whatta ya think?

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2007, 08:34 PM
That's a butt-whupping ya'll put on the Bobcats. They're definitely no slouches. :clap:

Da Mules
09-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's a butt-whupping ya'll put on the Bobcats. They're definitely no slouches. :clap:

On paper, we didn't have a chance. One of the biggest O-lines I've seen since Muleshoe's 2000 team and 2 outstanding running backs. I think Childress didn't think we could possibly shut down their running game, but da Mules defense is pretty darn tough this year. Just hope we don't get the injury bug. The frustration was showing by the 3rd quarter. Bobcats got hit with two 15-yarders for extraciricular activity.
Gonna be a tough game this week, Cooper's much improved over last year.

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Well, good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Da Mules
09-04-2007, 08:43 PM
will do. Will try to keep posting the Panhandle scores Friday night, and try to let folks know there is Region 1 football north of Snydley, Texas.

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
and try to let folks know there is Region 1 football north of Snydley, Texas. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

trenchdweller
09-05-2007, 11:55 AM
contrast in styles spread vs tight