PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley 21 Giddings 55

TexanAlum_06
08-31-2007, 11:13 PM
This was expected. but I thought wimberley fought hard and gave it their best, they are young, but will improve. IMO opinion the defense did a much better job this year then last, now i know the score doesnt reflect that but giddings had great field position all night long. 2 TD's were set up Via the pooch kick which were recovered and turned into touchdowns. and we turned theball over 4 times. I noticed that Brock did not keep the ball as much. he was giving it to the FB and tailbacks a lot. and he didnt really run outside much... now of course giddings didnt have jarmon which would of made a difference. wimberley didnt give up near as many big runs as last year. I think giddings only had 3 or 4 runs over 20 yards, they werent as explosive. but overall the defense did ok in some aspects, they were just outsized and do not have the speed this year from sideline to sideline. the secondary got torched big time when giddings did decide to pass. it was ugly. I cringe at the thought of the first time they play a team with a solid passing attack. The offense is gonna take a lot of work but will improve, Scudder wasnt to impressive but then again he didnt have a whole lot of time to throw but he did miss some throws he should of made. the running game was non existent, Period. that could be a problem, but then again giddings defense was stout. I was very impressed with Dock( he also had a nice 45 yard TD run). this game was a lot classier and I didnt see near as many cheap shots or trash talking which was good. Giddings was definately the better team tonight and ti showed. I just hope we can get things turned around! good luck to giddings the rest of the year.

wookinpanub
08-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
This was expected. but I thought wimberley fought hard and gave it their best, they are young, but will improve. IMO opinion the defense did a much better job this year then last, now i know the score doesnt reflect that but giddings had great field position all night long. 2 TD's were set up Via the pooch kick which were recovered and turned into touchdowns. and we turned theball over 4 times. I noticed that Brock did not keep the ball as much. he was giving it to the FB and tailbacks a lot. and he didnt really run outside much... now of course giddings didnt have jarmon which would of made a difference. wimberley didnt give up near as many big runs as last year. I think giddings only had 3 or 4 runs over 20 yards, they werent as explosive. but overall the defense did ok in some aspects, they were just outsized and do not have the speed this year from sideline to sideline. the secondary got torched big time when giddings did decide to pass. it was ugly. I cringe at the thought of the first time they play a team with a solid passing attack. The offense is gonna take a lot of work but will improve, Scudder wasnt to impressive but then again he didnt have a whole lot of time to throw but he did miss some throws he should of made. the running game was non existent, Period. that could be a problem, but then again giddings defense was stout. I was very impressed with Dock( he also had a nice 45 yard TD run). this game was a lot classier and I didnt see near as many cheap shots or trash talking which was good. Giddings was definately the better team tonight and ti showed. I just hope we can get things turned around! good luck to giddings the rest of the year.

I knew when I heard how badly MANOR made Wiimberley look in scrimmage, it would be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG season

TexanAlum_06
08-31-2007, 11:34 PM
yeah it will be a down year compared to the success of the last 2 seasons but I bet they will have a better record and a playoff berth at the end of the season and Manor wont....

LHPfactory
09-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
yeah it will be a down year compared to the success of the last 2 seasons but I bet they will have a better record and a playoff berth at the end of the season and Manor wont....

I agree