PDA

View Full Version : Bearcat1...Sweetwater??

vet93
10-06-2002, 02:36 PM
I was just wondering why you don't have Sweetwater in you Region I top 10. To date they have played alot better than several of the teams. I think that they have played better than Iowa Park, Ballinger, Perryton, Vernon (whom they have beaten) and Abilene Wylie (whom they have also beaten). Their only losses were each by 7 points to Greenwood and Graham. Not to shabby! What does everyone think?

wildstangs
10-06-2002, 03:35 PM
Preseason Top 10
1. Everman (4-1)
2. Bridgeport (4-1)
3. Midland Greenwood (5-0)
4. Decatur (5-0)
5. Abilene Wylie (3-2)
6. Graham (4-1)
7. Perryton (3-1)
8. Vernon (2-2)
9. Ballinger (3-2)
10. Iowa Park (4-0)

I too wonder why? I mean, we have beat Abilene Wylie (5), Vernon (8). One completed pass and we would have beat Graham (6), and one completed pass against Greenwood (3) and we would have sent that game to OT. Not making excuses, we lost both games. Its just rankings, and the only ones that matter are those at the end of the season, but just kinda curious here!

sinton66
10-06-2002, 03:40 PM
You guys did notice that it said preseason didn't you? She did that before the season opened. She hasn't done a weekly update on that part yet. :D

vet93
10-06-2002, 04:16 PM
Hey Sinton66...I wasn't getting onto BC or anything, I was just wondering why Sweetwater hasn't been included. In the upper right hand corner of the page it has the preseason list but if you scroll down I think that it has the week 5 list. Sweetater isn't on either one. I don't think that there is a conspiracy theory or anything and I know that BC has no reason not to like the Mustangs. I was just wondering why they haven't beeen included in the top 10.

sinton66:
You guys did notice that it said preseason didn't you? She did that before the season opened. She hasn't done a weekly update on that part yet. :D

sinton66
10-06-2002, 04:33 PM
You're right, I spoke too soon. I guess I don't know why she doesn't have them on there either. You made some good points. wink

bearcat1
10-06-2002, 05:07 PM
sinton66:
You're right, I spoke too soon. I guess I don't know why she doesn't have them on there either. You made some good points. wink Haven't updated the poll in 2 weeks until this weekend, and what you saw was still under construction. It still is at this point however you are right, and I had in my mind to get sweetwater back into the top 10 (they came out a few weeks ago) just haven't done it yet. Also in my mind to put in Kennedale, after beating Everman they deserve to be ranked but, Im not putting them too high on the list because one game one night goes only so far. And even though they did beat Everman, they are not going up in Everman's place as the top team in Region I. I will catch some hell for that I am sure, but I really believe that Everman is the better team. Not that night, but overall yes. I will post when the top 10 is final for this week. Thank you for your words, and yes you are right S'water is more deserving than some of the others I was playing around with as is Kennedale.
bc

vet93
10-06-2002, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the reply BC concerning Sweetwater. I agree with you that Kennedale should be in the top 10 as well. I also agree with your statement below.

" And even though they did beat Everman, they are not going up in Everman's place as the top team in Region I. I will catch some hell for that I am sure, but I really believe that Everman is the better team. Not that night, but overall yes."

The irony in all of this is that if you move Sweetwater and Kennedale into the top 10...you will likely have to move my Bearcats out!! Ouch!! That is o.k. They haven't been consistent enough to be considered a top 10 anyway. Hopefully they will hit their stride in district play.