PDA

View Full Version : Needville -vs- Santa Fe (4a)

IHStangFan
08-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Game rained out (lightning) early 2nd QTR. Needville was up 14 to 0 at end of 1st. Santa Fe couldn't move the ball on Needville's D. They looked stout, very fast to the ball. Needville's O ...especially their RBs looked good. Saw 3 diff. ball carriers...all looked good...Wilkerson is a complete animal. Game is supposedly going to be finished tomorrow.

Crow22
08-31-2007, 11:12 PM
Game is NOT going to be finished tomorrow. 14-0 win for Needville.

It looked like the 4th of July out there.

IHStangFan
08-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
Game is NOT going to be finished tomorrow. 14-0 win for Needville.

It looked like the 4th of July out there. oh good deal. I had heard leaving the stadium that they were going to play tomorrow. Either way...The Jays looked pretty good...especially on D. Did the Indians have any pos. yardage? :D

Crow22
09-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
oh good deal. I had heard leaving the stadium that they were going to play tomorrow. Either way...The Jays looked pretty good...especially on D. Did the Indians have any pos. yardage? :D

Yeah...they had 10 yds and 0 1st downs.

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Yup...Needville looked like they were set on cruise control. Didn't look like they really had to put forth that much effort to move the ball on S.F. whereas on the other hand, S.F. couldn't get anywhere on Needville's D.

necks_c/09
09-01-2007, 11:42 AM
uh oh, this could mean trouble later this season when we go at it

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
uh oh, this could mean trouble later this season when we go at it I don't know what you guys look like this year, but Needville looked pretty impressive and it's only week 0.

Antec
09-01-2007, 12:38 PM
First - how can Needville claim a win with only two quarters played?

Second -Santa Fe is not calling it a loss

Third -There were a few other games which were called in second quarter an the team ahead didnt claim a win

El Campo was leading Houston Yates 14-7 with late in the second quarter

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 12:50 PM
um...thats easy...the coaching staffs agree on it...thats how. Needville was dominant in a Q and a half of football. Game was called w/ 9:22 left in the 2nd. Santa Fe had 10 yds and no first downs. I wish they WOULD have got to finish. Needville would have hung 40 on them with ease.

Antec
09-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Coaches may agree but I don't

A football game is 4 quarters no matter what team is dominating

What would they do if that happened in a district game?

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Antec

What would they do if that happened in a district game? again...it'd be up to the coaching staffs to decide...not you. :D

Crow22
09-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Antec

What would they do if that happened in a district game?

Because that's the rules, Antec. Look it up. Fortunately for us, we didn't consult you before we made a decision.

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Because that's the rules, Antec. Look it up. Fortunately for us, we didn't consult you before we made a decision. LOL...thanks Crow. I'm curious though...was there just no avail. date for each team to make up the game or did Santa Fe just say "the Jays are too much & we'd rather the score be 14 to 0 instead of 45 to 0." :D

Crow22
09-01-2007, 01:13 PM
LOL...thanks Crow. I'm curious though...was there just no avail. date for each team to make up the game or did Santa Fe just say "the Jays are too much & we'd rather the score be 14 to 0 instead of 45 to 0." :D

Because there's no reason to finish it. Its a predistrict game so why would we want to come back the next day (when its going to rain again) and risk injuring any of our players (their's included). Then we would be a day behind in game planning for our next opponent. The rule states that the team that is ahead can claim a win and the team that is behind can claim a no contest. It happens every year somewhere in the state.

Some people have no clue about the rules but it doesn't stop them from talking as if they do...

If it were a district game, the district minutes would supply a solution for making up the game (i.e. next available date) depending on the district.

Antec
09-01-2007, 01:15 PM
What if only the first quarter was completed or there was still time remaining?

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Because there's no reason to finish it. Its a predistrict game so why would we want to come back the next day (when its going to rain again) and risk injuring any of our players (their's included). Then we would be a day behind in game planning for our next opponent. The rule states that the team that is ahead can claim a win and the team that is behind can claim a no contest. It happens every year somewhere in the state.

Some people have no clue about the rules but it doesn't stop them from talking as if they do...

If it were a district game, the district minutes would supply a solution for making up the game (i.e. next available date) depending on the district. Hence why I asked the question. I was not clear on the rules...although, I am completely okay w/ any decision the coaching staff makes w/ their team. I agree though, one of the biggest factors is risk of injury. Good call there. Do you happen to have game stats?

Thanks Crow...see yall next week for PLC!!

Crow22
09-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Hence why I asked the question. I was not clear on the rules...although, I am completely okay w/ any decision the coaching staff makes w/ their team. I agree though, one of the biggest factors is risk of injury. Good call there. Do you happen to have game stats?

Thanks Crow...see yall next week for PLC!!

I wasn't referring to you with my comment about some people not knowing the rules. That was intended for someone else :).

We had 127 yds and they had 10.

We had 82 passing and 45 rushing.

They had 10 rushing and 0 passing.

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 01:33 PM
I wasn't referring to you with my comment about some people not knowing the rules. That was intended for someone else :).

They had 10 rushing and 0 passing. no harm no foul Crow. Thanks for the stats and we'll be there next week for the PLC game! :)

necks_c/09
09-01-2007, 02:02 PM

They had 10 rushing and 0 passing. we had 156 at halftime and b' port had 26 but look what some halftime adjustments did for them.....

they out scored us 23-6 in the second half.....

whos to say santa fe couldnt have done that?

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 02:13 PM
we had 156 at halftime and b' port had 26 but look what some halftime adjustments did for them.....

they out scored us 23-6 in the second half.....

whos to say santa fe couldnt have done that? LOL...all of you Columbia and Wharton posters in here w/ the "what ifs" :rolleyes: As far as B'Port's halftime adjustments...it sounds like yall were outcoached. Could be a long season for the Roughnecks ;)

necks_c/09
09-01-2007, 02:20 PM
i know that, that has nothing to do with anything though,

i was stating some facts that just becuz yall dominated in the first half doesnt mean yall had the game locked up......

all u need is some good adjustments and the game could have went the other way,

not saying that it would have and most likely would have been 45-0, but by no means was that a sure fire win, on paper we won the first half too, but got dominated in the second half, largely due to ints, and fumbles

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 02:22 PM

i was stating some facts that just becuz yall dominated in the first half doesnt mean yall had the game locked up......

not saying that it would have and most likely would have been 45-0, but by no means was that a sure fire win, on paper we won the first half too, but got dominated in the second half, largely due to ints, and fumbles okay...that valid. But I can say from being in the stands last night...Needville was on cruise control, not even breaking a sweat and it was very lopsided talent wise. Needville moved the ball at will. Santa Fe couldn't get out of their own backfield. It wasn't pretty. But as you say, nobody knows for sure. Bottom line...coaching staffs agreed on the win...its a win.

necks_c/09
09-01-2007, 02:26 PM
we all know that needville was gonna win, but ints and fumbles could have changed things dramatically

Crow22
09-01-2007, 08:13 PM

not saying that it would have and most likely would have been 45-0, but by no means was that a sure fire win, on paper we won the first half too, but got dominated in the second half, largely due to ints, and fumbles

So what would you experts suggest we do, necks? Come back tomorrow (which at the current time of 8:12 pm it is POURING), risk injury for a meaningless game, AND put ourselves behind in preparation for next week?

Brilliant.

Centextrash
09-01-2007, 08:38 PM
When did it stop raining?

Crow22
09-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
When did it stop raining?

It still hasn't stopped. The problem wasn't rain...there was lightening everywhere. It was pretty impressive actually.

Centextrash
09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
WOW...
I know a lot of Central Texas games had a 1 to 1 1/2 hour lightning delay. Some games finished at midnight.

Sounds like the Jays were handing it to the Injuns anyway you slice it up. How many posessions did Santa Fe have?

scrub c
09-01-2007, 08:50 PM
we all know that needville was gonna win,

QUIT jock riding needville...

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
QUIT jock riding needville... LOL...geezus.

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
WOW...
I know a lot of Central Texas games had a 1 to 1 1/2 hour lightning delay. Some games finished at midnight.

Sounds like the Jays were handing it to the Injuns anyway you slice it up. How many posessions did Santa Fe have? a handful, but w/ 0 first downs...it really doesn't matter. The only had 10 yds in a Q and a half of play. (Actually the game was called w/ 9:22 left in the 2nd)

themsu97
09-02-2007, 09:52 AM
one thing I will say... I seriously doubt Columbia was outcoached... I think speed and little more experience at the Skill positions took over for 'Port...
we did not finish our game until midnight... but the lightning only lasted 20 minutes and we heard all the horror stories from other places and it did not even rain on us...

burnet44
09-02-2007, 07:02 PM
G should go to the Needville game next week
that will stop all this Needless.........................

"WAM" Buggs Bunny