PDA

View Full Version : Cuero 53 Sinton 0

CueroDad2006
08-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Cuero had there way with the pirates tonight.
Great running game
very sound passing game as well
The D shut down there game plan,the pirates could not run or pass tonight.

Cameron Crazy
08-31-2007, 10:59 PM
I think Aaron is at the club, so he really doesnt care :D

gobbler grad
08-31-2007, 11:13 PM
but our kicking game needs work...:thinking: and I know it's early...
got to find someone that can kick it deep...you can't give up good field position to a good team everytime...:dispntd:

IHStangFan
08-31-2007, 11:14 PM
ouch! Don't they have GP next week? Could be a long season for the Pirates.

CueroDad2006
08-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
but our kicking game needs work...:thinking: and I know it's early...
got to find someone that can kick it deep...you can't give up good field position to a good team everytime...:dispntd:

They need to try that fresh. Tanner Hoffman,He can kick it all the way to the eand zone if they gave him a shot.

JT44
08-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
They need to try that fresh. Tanner Hoffman,He can kick it all the way to the eand zone if they gave him a shot.

I don't know who that kid is but, they have to make sure if they were to pull that kind of move that the kicker still needs to be able to get in there and tackle.
It seems that over Reeve's tenure that all Cuero does is the shorter pooch kickoffs.
Kaeron was a kicker once, also J.Hernandez, has kicked in the past on lower levels.

ASUFrisbeeStud
08-31-2007, 11:34 PM
Good job Sinton!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CueroDad2006
08-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by JT44
I don't know who that kid is but, they have to make sure if they were to pull that kind of move that the kicker still needs to be able to get in there and tackle.
It seems that over Reeve's tenure that all Cuero does is the shorter pooch kickoffs.
Kaeron was a kicker once, also J.Hernandez, has kicked in the past on lower levels.

Yes they moved Tanner Hoffman up to vasity,He is a stand out at LB and QB, the kid has won punt pass and kick and been to reliant stadium to show off his arm and leg

44INAROW
09-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Yes they moved Tanner Hoffman up to vasity,He is a stand out at LB and QB, the kid has won punt pass and kick and been to reliant stadium to show off his arm and leg

I just hope they play him and don't leave him sitting/standing on the sidelines - he's a Freshman - if you're not going to play him on Varsity - put him on JV where he'll get playing time. It was the 1st game - coaches do all kinds of moving around in the 1st few games of the season - that's why we have pre-season - We did well tonight - but like most every other team in the state, we have alot of work to do and with hard work, determination and conditioning, great things can happen. Cuero is very young and alot of the boys are playing positions they've never played before. It's a learning process - and we're talking 15 and 16 year old boys, so of course, they're going to make mistakes - and it's how they handle themselves during/after those mistakes will be a huge factor in how this season turns out. One of the pitfalls of having a successful program is alot of folks are just waiting on you to fall/fail - it happens to the best of programs - from Jr High to the Pros. I wish the best for the Gobblers this year, but if we do lose a game or two, I am not going to bail on them. I wasn't on the field, but from a fan's prospective, the Sinton players and coaches were good sports and didn't let their emotions get out of hand. I congratulate the coach and the players for conducting themselves like gentlemen tonight!

burnet44
09-01-2007, 01:24 AM
ouch
Sinton makes state title run right?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
ouch
Sinton makes state title run right? its not baseball season til next year, is Burnet on their way to a state title?

burnet44
09-01-2007, 01:57 AM
probab;y not
but won 35-0 vs taylor I heard
its a win

CHSfan
09-10-2007, 07:09 PM

i played soccer with tanner on a tournament team for sooo many years!! he is a great kicker!! i talked to papa reeve and he said that he will have a chance to prove himself real soon!! because our kicker isnt getting any better!! maybe we will have a new one