PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood 28 Wylie 21

wildstangs
08-31-2007, 10:53 PM
FINAL - Dogs kept it MUCH closer than most thought they would.

Cameron Crazy
08-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Props to wylie. How did the contain that "amazing" qb from BWOOD?

Snyder_TigerFan
08-31-2007, 11:20 PM
In spite of the players Wylie lost....they're going to be a team to watch out for in 3A.

NDFootball
09-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm proud of those guys from the way they played last night they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of...they are miles ahead of where we were as a team last year

injuredinmelee
09-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I'm proud of those guys from the way they played last night they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of...they are miles ahead of where we were as a team last year

While Wylie played better than i thought that they would, I also think that the score could have easily been 42-21.

NDFootball
09-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
While Wylie played better than i thought that they would, I also think that the score could have easily been 42-21.

Were you at the game? Yeah you're right the Wylie defense definitely played with a bend don't break philosophy but they did better than we did for a first game. I'm excited for those guys

injuredinmelee
09-02-2007, 04:40 PM
we were there. we were sitting down low right in front of the cheerleaders on the 50yd line.

If you saw a fat bastard tryign to change a flat tire between Abilene and Cross Plains ont he way that was me.

sweetwater07
09-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
we were there. we were sitting down low right in front of the cheerleaders on the 50yd line.

If you saw a fat bastard tryign to change a flat tire between Abilene and Cross Plains ont he way that was me.

i just spit out my cereal while reading that:D

Texasfootball2
09-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Props to wylie. How did the contain that "amazing" qb from BWOOD?

They didn't excatly contain him, but as the game went on they adjust to the speed of the game and were able to do a good job on him except for the long run with 6:00 to go that gave them the go ahead touchdown. Injured has a point, that it could have been worse, but give Wylie credit for making the plays they had to make early in the game to keep it close. It not like Brownwood just gave it away, the Bulldogs sack him on a third down play in the red zone, and intercepted a pass in the red zone. You have to credit the defense on those plays. The only other missed opportunity was the missed 34 yard field goal right before half time. Brownwood is an outstanding football team and I felt real good about the Bulldogs after the game even though we lost, and if it hadn't been for the only holding call of the game with 2:00 minutes left, that game was going overtime.

If you get the opportunity to go see Brownwood play this year I encourage you to go. That QB is worth the price of admission and their team speed makes them a fun team to watch. Congrats to them.