PDA

View Full Version : giddings /wimberely

West22
08-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Any updates on this one ?Wonder how BROCK is doing ?

strosfan
08-31-2007, 09:36 PM
giddings 45
wimberley 14

3rd quarter

Brock has 3 td's I believe

wookinpanub
08-31-2007, 09:37 PM
cause daddy will make sure brocky-poo carries the ball 90 percent of the time to tally up statistics

Giddings fans don't care, of course, because it's their name in the paper the next day, but imagine all the other kids who struggle to carry the ball and get i-g-n-o-r-e-d

gold_33
08-31-2007, 10:16 PM
Just got home left at the end of third quarter it was 52-14. It was expected, were gonna have a down year while these players grow up some. I believe we had 6 turnovers when i left and our quarterback needs to stop forcing throws and make better decisions even though he only had about 2 seconds to throw but this was his first start and he's only a junior with great potential. Our overall speed lacks to keep up with the big boys and depth isn't there. We will have a sub-par season from the looks of it and with the schedule we have, 4-6 or 5-5 at best. You cant lose the talent we had the past 3 years and just come back without any growing pains and this will be a good learning experience for the young guys.

gold_33
08-31-2007, 10:52 PM
55-21 final.

necks_c/09
08-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
55-21 final. ouch

gold_33
08-31-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
ouch

Yep, i thought the same thing. Young team though and i was expecting the score to be somewhere close to this so not a shocker. Better improve by Liberty Hill or they'll try to score a hundred on us.

sabre1
09-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
cause daddy will make sure brocky-poo carries the ball 90 percent of the time to tally up statistics

Giddings fans don't care, of course, because it's their name in the paper the next day, but imagine all the other kids who struggle to carry the ball and get i-g-n-o-r-e-d

If you had any idea about how the option offense worked you never would have made this comment.

It is the defense who decides who carries the ball. The QB has to make a read. If the read tells him to keep it, he does. If it tells him to pitch or hand it off he does. Try to learn a little bit about football before you go and shoot your mouth off.

TexanAlum_06
09-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Brock actually dealt the ball off the majority of the time friday night.

buff4life
09-02-2007, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by wookinpanub

yea...talk about being a classy poster...o wait you definitely wouldn't come in on that discussion, maybe most ignorant

EAGLETOWN
09-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
If you had any idea about how the option offense worked you never would have made this comment.

It is the defense who decides who carries the ball. The QB has to make a read. If the read tells him to keep it, he does. If it tells him to pitch or hand it off he does. Try to learn a little bit about football before you go and shoot your mouth off.

You are absolutely right.

Last I checked the option was a QB read offense.

If the coach told him to keep it the option would not be that hard to stop.

Hey every body just tackle Brock.

It all falls on the defense making the QB make the wrong decision.

The real problem is if you can't stop the FB, Pitch Man our the pass your screwed, especially when you have a QB as talented as Brock.

If there is a good FB and Halfback thrown in the mix with someone who can catch it along with a good Offensive Line and a pretty stinging "D" that adds up to a state qualifier which is what Wimberly ran into.

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by sabre1

It is the defense who decides who carries the ball. The QB has to make a read. If the read tells him to keep it, he does. If it tells him to pitch or hand it off he does. Try to learn a little bit about football before you go and shoot your mouth off. haha... lmao....

necks_c/09
09-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
Yep, i thought the same thing. Young team though and i was expecting the score to be somewhere close to this so not a shocker. Better improve by Liberty Hill or they'll try to score a hundred on us. cant be any worse than 62-7 can it?

its alright..... no hard feelings though

buff4ever
09-04-2007, 08:19 AM
the texans were great hosts, except I would like to make one recommandation. CHANGE DESIGN AT THE CONCESSIONS. Maybe that has worked well for lesser crowds, but one person taking money for everything, and being the same person that hands on drinks did not work very well.

All in all the game was pretty clean, I know there was two or three plays each way, but really pretty clean. I heard your crowd threw food at our band, come on, they are the band. What is that all about. Our director had to call the cops. Honestly that just made me laugh.

We got lucky with the weather too.

And wookipup guy, don't talk anymore. Brock distributed the ball all night to many different ball carriers. Our fullback is a stud, and may even play harder everydown than jarmon last year.