PDA

View Full Version : National Championship???

dean-r-duke
11-05-2003, 10:10 AM
Who is going to be in the big show?? Give your predictions on who is there and the winner... :D

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 10:20 AM
It's still a little too early to say who is going to be in the "big show" only because you never know what to expect going into the playoffs. You might have a team that is the #1 pick to win the big game and pumped up and fired to go and 2nd round of the playoffs, they end up losing because of mistakes. No one knows what to expect, but then again that's the fun thing about the playoffs. But if I had to pick a team right now, I would have to say that I would really like to see Burnet take it all this year. I have been to a couple of their games and they definitely have what it takes to win a State Championship. They get my support! Good Luck Bulldogs!

PPHSfan
11-05-2003, 10:21 AM
I think he meant NCAA.

And that one is too easy. OU vs. USC OU by 30 points. It is just not fair this year. Friggin Oklahoma is just too good. :mad:

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 10:25 AM
LOL I guess I got so caught up in all the playoffs talk that I missed that one. LOL

I will agree with you though that Oklahoma is really good this year and I could see them taking it all. As much as I don't like saying that....they are. I don't like them and don't care for their team, but I do have to give them props cause they have done good this year.

Showtime33
11-05-2003, 11:46 AM
I am going to say Oklahoma vs FSU with FSU coming away with the upset win.

Goob
11-05-2003, 11:51 AM
I just wish TCU would get more recognition that they are receiving. The only other undefeated team in the country and just ranked 9th in the BCS. I hope they beat the DOG out of Lousville tonite just to show that they are for real. :mad: :mad: :mad:

PPHSfan
11-05-2003, 11:54 AM
Goob:
I just wish TCU would get more recognition that they are receiving. The only other undefeated team in the country and just ranked 9th in the BCS. I hope they beat the DOG out of Lousville tonite just to show that they are for real. :mad: :mad: :mad: We all love the Cinderella season that TCU is having..but let's get real. Oklahoma would beat TCU by 75 points.

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 12:06 PM
Lets think about it....TCU or Oklahoma??? I would have to say OKLAHOMA.

Goob
11-05-2003, 12:22 PM
I would say OK to Oklahoma also but we need a playoff system that actually determine the national champ. It just seems unfair that a team would go undefeated and not have a chance at the national title. Remember Brigham Young won it about 10 yrs. ago before the BCS, and everyone was saying that Whashington would have killed them. Lets not forget that TCU has beated USC in a bowl game about 2 or 3 yrs ago. Just because they have a weak schedule they are going to get screwed in IMO. That's if they do actually go undeated this year. They did what they had to do against Houston to win the game, no one can tell what can happen when it really comes down to it. :)

PPHSfan
11-05-2003, 12:27 PM
I am happy for TCU too. But you hit the nail on the head when you said "just because of their weak schedule".

If TCU were in the big 12 they would probably be 0-9 right now, and your point would be moot.

We don't even need a playoff or a National Title game this year. Every open minded football brain on the planet knows that Oklahoma is the best by far. The differnce between second place and tenth place is closer than the difference between Oklahoma and second.

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2003, 12:31 PM
PPHSfan:
I am happy for TCU too. But you hit the nail on the head when you said "just because of their weak schedule".

If TCU were in the big 12 they would probably be 0-9 right now, and your point would be moot.

We don't even need a playoff or a National Title game this year. Every open minded football brain on the planet knows that Oklahoma is the best by far. The differnce between second place and tenth place is closer than the difference between Oklahoma and second.I doubt they'd be 0-9...I think they'd beat Baylor, Kansas, maybe even A&M...they'd be cmpetitive, but more like 5-4 in my opinion.

Showtime33
11-05-2003, 12:39 PM
I just think its funny how a lot of people are crowning Oklahoma the National Champions already. Like I said in another post, people did the same thing with Miami last year and look what happend. I am hoping to see a Oklahoma vs Florida St. national championship game just so FSU can beat the Sooners. Everyone raves about Oklahoma's defense but I think FSU's is better. If you look at the only game they lost which was against Miami, the defense of Florida St played great. FSU's offense just kept putting the defense in a whole all day because of turnovers. Florida St still will need to win out and get a little help to get in the title game but I think in the end they will be there.

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2003, 12:41 PM
by the way guys...before starting a topic, make sure it hasn't already been started within the last day...

BigChamp05
11-05-2003, 01:17 PM
Showtime, there is no way that FSU's D is as good as OU's. And then compare the offense. It would be another blowout.

Showtime33
11-05-2003, 01:50 PM
How many FSU games have you seen? I have seen them all. FSU has had some great defensive teams in the past and this teams D has to rank up there with all the other great FSU defenses. And as far as offenses goes, dont sell Florida St short. They have a very explosive offense that is full of playmakers. Greg Jones IMHO is one of the best backs in the nation and then throw in Lorenzo Booker and that makes for a great change of pace. Chris Rix although he played bad in the Miami game combines great speed and a strong arm. I would take him over Jason White anyday. WR Craphonso Thorpe is a threat at reciever along with Freshman wide out Chris Davis. Davis is going to be a great player for the Seminoles. He could be better than Peter Warrick was in college. All in all I think the Seminoles would match up very well against the Sooners.

diboll_fan
11-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Oklahoma Sooners

CTownHardHitter07
11-05-2003, 03:48 PM
Somehow.....USC over OU in overtime.....haha i wish....

DawgFan91
11-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Oklahoma is as dominant as any team I remember in at least the last ten years or so. I still can't stand them... However, if clicking on all cylinders, USC has the potential to beat them. They have the defensive line to put pressure on White and they have enough offensive firepower to score. Heck, they see great offenses every week in the PAC-10. But, Oklahoma is the best team in the land.

TCU, while a nice team, isn't in the same league. Bo Schobel is awesome though isn't he?

dean-r-duke
11-06-2003, 10:06 AM
WELL GOOB, YOUR TCU HORNED FROGS ALMOST LOST THERE UNDEFEATED SEASON LAST NIGHT ON NATIONAL TV. THE COACH FROM LOUISVILLE SHOULD HAVE KEPT RUNNING THE BALL ON THE LAST TWO SERIES,THEY :D KEPT GETTING PLENTY ENOUGH POSITIVE YARDS AND PROBABLY COULD HAVE BROKE ONE, AND I DONT THINK THAT KICKER IS A POPULAR PERSON RIGHT NOW. BY THE WAY, I LOVE HAVING COLLEGE FOOTBALL ON TUES. AND WED... ISNT THIS GREAT!!!!!

PPHSfan
11-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Bo Schobel is Awsome!!!!

But TCU is still not a National Competitor. Their Defense as a whole is worse than Tech's. If they could make the open field tackles they would be much better. Sorry, but OU would still kill em.

BigChamp05
11-06-2003, 10:16 AM
I don't think TCU belongs in the same conversation as OU, Miami, FSU, VT, USC, and, i'll go out on a limb and against my better judgement, but UT either. AAHHHHH i hate myself. Anyway, TCU would have no chance and that would be the worst thing that could happen. Nobody would watch a national championship game with TCU playing.

Goob
11-06-2003, 10:30 AM
No, I don't think that the Frogs will get to play for the National Championship, But I will give them this much. They just keep on winning, read the yahoo article on the game about what the Louisville coach was saying. Say what you want to about them losing by 75 pts. Or going 0-9 in the big 12 or having 15 or more teams ranked above them, They are on a 11 game winning streak. They just figure out how to beat a team each time they play them. And Yeah it was great to watch a fantastic college game on a Wednesday nite. :p

Goob
11-06-2003, 11:38 AM
Quote from Louisville Coach from last nite.

``They shouldn't have anything left to prove to anyone,'' Louisville coach Bobby Petrino said. ``Everybody they play, they beat.'' :D

shellman54
11-06-2003, 12:13 PM
BigChamp05:
I don't think TCU belongs in the same conversation as OU, Miami, FSU, VT, USC, and, i'll go out on a limb and against my better judgement, but UT either. AAHHHHH i hate myself. Anyway, TCU would have no chance and that would be the worst thing that could happen. Nobody would watch a national championship game with TCU playing.actually, i think it would be the other way around. no one likes it more than to see an underdog make it to the big game. i think it would draw a nation wide interest, jsut to see if this team truly has what it takes to be in the national championship, or to see them lose to Oklahoma by 50!!!