PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell-Elgin cancelled

wookinpanub
08-31-2007, 08:48 PM
This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO typical. The one chance for an easy win and the damn lightning and downpour started precisely at 7:28 pm.

Now I look for the team to end up 3-6 instead of 4-6.

WONDERFUL..............

Chopblock
09-01-2007, 09:53 AM
They offered to move the game to the old field that is still kept up for Jr High, Caldwell didn't want to travel 3 miles to that field

CHS_CG
09-01-2007, 10:16 AM

luvhoops34
09-01-2007, 10:17 AM
oops

Milk That Cow
09-01-2007, 10:20 AM
I know it's a new stadium, but in my humble opinion it sure was poorly designed, with very little bells and whistles...

3afan
09-01-2007, 10:26 AM
no turf?

ILS1
09-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
no turf?

No, it's grass. Why didn't they wanna play at the new stadium? A little rain never hurt anyone. Didn't wanna mess up the field or what??

:D

wookinpanub
09-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock
They offered to move the game to the old field that is still kept up for Jr High, Caldwell didn't want to travel 3 miles to that field

I don't beleive a word of that. Drainage wasn't the issue. It's called lightning. If anybody remembers the old stadium in Elgin, it would have kept the local emergency room busy removing splinters from everyone's butts.

They could have played it today.

One year a forfeit, the next a cancellation. Caldwell playing Elgin is just a bad omen.

This was the second straight game that has affected Caldwell. Against Bellville in last year's season finale, lightning suspended the game for at least an hour and everyone was dog tired by 11:30 when the game ended.

Chopblock
09-01-2007, 05:52 PM
former supt wouldn't go for turf
kinda like giddings staduim nice 27 years ago piece of crap now

Chopblock
09-01-2007, 05:56 PM
i was standing there when the offer was made last night

luvhoops34
09-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
I don't beleive a word of that. Drainage wasn't the issue. It's called lightning. If anybody remembers the old stadium in Elgin, it would have kept the local emergency room busy removing splinters from everyone's butts.

They could have played it today.

One year a forfeit, the next a cancellation. Caldwell playing Elgin is just a bad omen.

This was the second straight game that has affected Caldwell. Against Bellville in last year's season finale, lightning suspended the game for at least an hour and everyone was dog tired by 11:30 when the game ended.

You're being a nn again. You're just the same as calling Chop a liar.....duh...that's not a good thing, believe me.

You don't know who Chopblock knows....if he said Caldwell wouldn't go, then that's how it is...

wookinpanub
09-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
You're being a nn again. You're just the same as calling Chop a liar.....duh...that's not a good thing, believe me.

You don't know who Chopblock knows....if he said Caldwell wouldn't go, then that's how it is...

Nice, so the coach morphed into a wimp and refused to play somewhere else so everyone could get some beddy-bye despite the fuel expense, ticket admissions and program purchases sacrificed?

.......... yet another Caldwell tradition..........no worries...... everyone's conditioned to it now.

Caldwell can't complain about others' stadiums, anyway. They built the stupid one they have now to seat FEWER than the old one did in town and its visitors' side doesn't drain, either. Maybe they had the good sense to save money when they knew in their hearts that future teams wouldn't need to seat more than 500 anyway ==== and for homecoming at that.

I wouldn't call these statements "homer" by the way.

Also, if the coach refused, then it should be yet ANOTHER forfeit. I think Williams is scared to death he might win more than four games in one year of his career.

buff4life
09-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Chopblock
former supt wouldn't go for turf
kinda like giddings staduim nice 27 years ago piece of crap now

field is nice now...stadium isn't great...but it will get redone with the weight room and the school...

when the new school is done i promise the nicest high school and weight room in 3A

burnet44
09-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34

dont say nn
and what does chop know?
lol he knows Chuck Norris

bigcat8
09-02-2007, 07:37 PM
after seeing both teams in scrimmages.. I felt that C'well was 3 TD's better than Elgin...I would think the HC for Caldwell would have done anything possible to play this game...

burnet44
09-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8
after seeing both teams in scrimmages.. I felt that C'well was 3 TD's better than Elgin...I would think the HC for Caldwell would have done anything possible to play this game...

looks like the Hornets didnt want none lol

Lombardi
09-02-2007, 08:01 PM
If you have seen the Wildcats scrimmage, the hornets definitely would not be afraid.. Rockdale throttled Elgin in a scrimmage>>
Originally posted by burnet44

luvhoops34
09-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by burnet44

that's a nn statement if I ever heard one...;)