PDA

View Full Version : Celina/Robinson updates.....

luvhoops34
08-31-2007, 07:47 PM
7-0 Celina

6:00 left in the 1st qt

charlesrixey
08-31-2007, 07:58 PM
is he giving you anything other than scores, like stats or major plays?

tell him i will call him myself if he doesn't!:D

luvhoops34
08-31-2007, 08:04 PM
he's on the sideline trying to take pictures and update me.

The call was short and sweet. No stats, no plays.

Do you have his #. If not pm me and I'll give it to you.

luvhoops34
08-31-2007, 08:29 PM
halftime

celina 7

robinson 0

charlesrixey
08-31-2007, 08:30 PM
not quite 45-14, is it?

charlesrixey
08-31-2007, 08:59 PM
any more news?

luvhoops34
08-31-2007, 09:00 PM
3rd qt is just starting

charlesrixey
08-31-2007, 09:01 PM
YAY

i can't believe only seven points were scored by the two teams!

luvhoops34
08-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Celina 13

Robinson 6

with 1:05 in the 3rd

luvhoops34
08-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Celina 19

Robinson 6

9 min left in the 4th

luvhoops34
08-31-2007, 10:05 PM
FINAL

Celina 19

Robinson 6

charlesrixey
08-31-2007, 10:37 PM
anybody have any final stats for this game

BILLYFRED0000
08-31-2007, 11:24 PM
No stats yet but I can say that Celina played very sloppy on Offense. Way too many mistakes. Particularly this one ref kept calling illegal procedures and I could not for the life of me see what he was calling. But he only called it on us so something must of been happening.
Celina D held Robinson all night. They did break one big play for the score on a missed assignment by the D. But overall I would give the D a solid B. The O was C+.
Robinson's D was good. I would say better than last years. The front seven played well. The secondary for them is a little weak. If it firms up they can play a lot more aggressive with the front and really put a stop on some people.
The O was talented with a good Line and good speed in the backfield for Robinson.
They do miss Kitchens tho. That said I think they can run some scores up on people if they can tighten it up a little.

BobcatBenny
08-31-2007, 11:41 PM
This game puzzled me.

Was Robinson a better team this year?

I was sitting in the stands and wondering, if Celina was just not playing sharply or was Robinson just better prepared this year?

Surely Robinson must have carried over some of last year's run to the championship game, right?

I guess what really matters, is the W, right?

bobcat1
08-31-2007, 11:50 PM
I know Robinson was a load better defensively. Still the score could have and possibly should have been 35-0. If they gained any yards it was in penalties except for that one long run. I think they will be okay. I gotta a feeling practice will heat up this week.:D

mwynn05
09-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
This game puzzled me.

Was Robinson a better team this year?

I was sitting in the stands and wondering, if Celina was just not playing sharply or was Robinson just better prepared this year?

Surely Robinson must have carried over some of last year's run to the championship game, right?

I guess what really matters, is the W, right? Celina played like crap it should have been 21-0 by the end of the first Celina made a TON of mistakes..I was impressed by Celina's defense their linebackers made their reads very quickand were right most of the time...though watching thsi i can see how LH beat them with all of their misdirection and how quickly celina made their reads if celina rread wrong it would be a big play for LH

DU_stud04
09-01-2007, 12:09 AM
this game( from someone just wanting to watch football) was decent. celina was way too sloppy tonight, alot of mistakes that should have cost them the game. early on lots of holdings which brought back a couple of td's.

robinson came back second half looking good. even though celina did find the endzone twice in the second half, i believe robinson was playing very well.

lots of big hits tonight and a few blown calls on BOTH sides. the only two BIG mis calls i saw tonight was the onside kick. celina did grab the ball on the 49 then flopped over to the other 49. and robinson did fumble th ball on that one drive in the 4th quarter. but other than that, i believe it was a well called game(besides a late whistle on an offensive false start)

celina i believe was too sloppy, this game could have easily have been 40-6, lots of bad decisions tonight by the guys. and i believe it was a bad call early on when celina went for two from the swinging gate extrapoint.... its too risky in a game where you are only up by 6 points.....giving the opponent a chance to possibly beat you with an extra points. i believe celina caught a break when robinson missed the extra point wide left.

celinas defense was awesome..... i dont recall seeing a defensive team react so fast and make reads as well as they do.... you can really tell how well they are coached.

second half was exciting. :)

stand out players i saw was the jr running back from celina, hes got some wheels and can cut like a razor blade. #9 from robinson was also doing very well.

good luck to both teams this year, i believe both will do exceptional if they fix the small stuff that gets in the way of closing into the perfection of the game.

oh yea, after seeing this game.....im thinking about making a chin strap that will keep the helmet on better...... it seemed like every play someones helmet was knocked off i counted #61's helmet was knocked off 5 times tonight(oline guy from celina)

charlesrixey
09-01-2007, 12:17 AM
you can rest assured that the practice on monday will be tough

celina still managed to set the pace against a team that lost by one in the opposite state championship

a decent win, but you can bet the coaches are shaking their heads after having their offensive touchdowns cut in half by mistakes

should be a very good game next week as well, with Argyle Liberty Christian #1 for private schools coming in

if they play with the mistakes they had tonight, the score could be closer than the 28-14 it was last year

bobcat1
09-01-2007, 12:19 AM
I know Robinson was a load better defensively. Still the score could have and possibly should have been 35-0. If they gained any yards it was in penalties except for that one long run when they scored.

burnet44
09-01-2007, 01:20 AM
good to see all of you at the game
Im too tired to post thoughts
wait i have no thoughts
later

redfish961
09-01-2007, 01:21 AM
The Robinson D played better than I thought they would and the offense didn't.

Robinson certainly had some opportunities, but didn't capitalize, which is a credit to the Celina scheme. I'm not sure how many sacks they had, but it had to have been in the double digits.

I'm not sure if the Celina LB's were reading the plays well or just blitzing every play. I started watching them in the first quarter and it seemed that on each play, they were up on the line and coming as soon as the ball was snapped. Whatever the case was, the Robinson QB was introduced to each one of them.

I came away from this game thinking the score was a lot closer than the game. I also came away thinking the Robinson D will have a good year and should keep them in games. Once the offense gets on track, which I'm sure they will after a few games, they should have a solid team again this year.

Celina will be solid, as usual and played a nice game. The nose tackle is a stud.

burnet44
09-01-2007, 01:56 AM
yeah 52 is a stud

DU_stud04
09-01-2007, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
yeah 52 is a stud i think i saw you at the game..... uil cap and blue shirt? if so, i know you saw me and mwynn

we didnt know if everyone was meeting up or not

burnet44
09-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i think i saw you at the game..... uil cap and blue shirt? if so, i know you saw me and mwynn

nope didnt see ya
and Yes that was me
shoulda called

burnet44
09-01-2007, 08:35 AM
we didnt move the ball a lick
the solid stack kept 45 pretty much loose all night
Robinson D played well
had a hard time with some of the passes
but over all played pretty well

Celina moved the ball pretty well
but failed to capitalize in some situations

we didnt throw a lot
Im sure to avoid mistakes by a new qb
except for a 45 yd run
we ran the ball poorly
but Celinas D was very tough

Celina had 61 plays vs 39 for the Rockets

Overall Celina is pretty good especially defensively
Offense is good but wasnt as explosive as last years game

Robinson misses randy's ability to make playes
Will take tike to break a new qb in
But the D looked a lot better that this time last year

Celina probably scores 40 the next 6 weeks
Robinson will win games but needs to move the ball better

Celina after week 0 looks 3-4 rounds deep in the playoffs
Robinson looks 1 game or 2 deep in the playoffs

2 calls
1. yeah the kicker touched it on the onside
2. but celina took the ball away form our guy and they gave it to us

Officials-Cen-Tex Chapter Temple
terrible

only thing they worry about is coaches on the field
which I know is a point of emphisis

BEDFORD--Troy McCartney ran for 104 yards and accounted for two touchdowns as Celina defeated Robinson, 19-6, on Friday night at Pennington Field.

Celina quarterback Seth Davis threw two touchdown passes, one to McCartney in the first quarter and one to Clay Hauk in the fourth. McCartney added a 47-yard scoring run. Celina's defense held Robinson to nine total yards in the first half and 121 on the night.

The defense broke only once, on a 45-yard TD run by Robinson's Seth Mogavero late in the third quarter.

Celina won its 42nd straight regular-season non-district game in a streak dating back to 1998. Both teams were Class 3A state runners-up a year ago, Celina in Division II and Robinson in Division I.

BobcatBenny
09-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Just to lighten it up a little.

Celina is out to "Finish!" So, this next week against the Christians, I am calling for, "Start!"

How about the Bobcats devour some Christians this week? ;)

charlesrixey
09-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Just to lighten it up a little.

Celina is out to "Finish!" So, this next week against the Christians, I am calling for, "Start!"

How about the Bobcats devour some Christians this week? ;) :rolleyes: :D

bobcat1
09-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i think i saw you at the game..... uil cap and blue shirt? if so, i know you saw me and mwynn

I saw Burnett44 taking pics. I went to the endzone at the half with the scoreboard. I had thought I said we could all meet there. No one came. I checked, I wore deodorant too.

Temple refs were bad. I thought we had the ball. I thought we got the 2 point conversion also. Heck maybe I am stupid but the ref standing there put 2 arms straight in the air signaling the conversion was good and the other ref that came from the 20 yard line said we didn't get it. He was the same one that called 15 motion penalties on us all night. Go figure.

Score should have been 35-0 or 35-7 max. I like the Robinson defense and as usual offense is behind. Same as our team. We will catch up and hope for 15 more.

luvhoops34
09-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I saw Burnett44 taking pics. I went to the endzone at the half with the scoreboard. I had thought I said we could all meet there. No one came. I checked, I wore deodorant too.

I'm sure he will be sorry that he missed you, since you went to all the trouble of wearing deodorant for him.;)

bobcat1
09-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Cleanliness is very important to me. :D :p

burnet44
09-01-2007, 09:21 PM
good
there are things called cell phones
even I use one
and yes I have Moses' cell phone number

shoulda called

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 09:30 PM
I saw Burnet down there...even got a picture of him and his cell phone

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/oldcell.jpg

;)

burnet44
09-01-2007, 10:49 PM
thats not me
I dont have a beard
lol

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 10:50 PM
thats not me
I dont have a beard
lol Zack Morris is gonna be pissed when he realizes you stole his phone and ran his bill up. :p

burnet44
09-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Chuck Norris kicked Zack Morris's a
Guy Morris is next

IHStangFan
09-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Chuck Norris kicked Zack Morris's a
Guy Morris is next yeah, but that doesn't even count. Chuck Norris is a class 52X Super Ninja droid. Al Gore invented him in his garage. :nerd:

DU_stud04
09-02-2007, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Zack Morris is gonna be pissed when he realizes you stole his phone and ran his bill up. :p :clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
09-02-2007, 05:54 AM
good
there are things called cell phones
even I use one
and yes I have Moses' cell phone number

shoulda called
I didn't have your number or I would have called you and asked you a few questions. LOL

burnet44
09-02-2007, 07:20 AM
chuck norris called me.

bobcat1
09-02-2007, 10:01 AM
what did he call you? :p