PDA

View Full Version : Report: Byron Leftwich out in Jacksonville, to be traded or released...

g$$
08-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Chris Mortensen reporting this for ESPN:

Big name, anyone surprised? David Garrard to be named starting QB & Byron Leftwich out. Is he not better than the group in Minnesota or Oakland competing for the QB job (JaMarcus Russell still unsigned)?

Thoughts?

gobbler grad
08-31-2007, 05:41 PM
don't think Jack Del Rio has been happy with him lately...:thinking:
injuries are killing him lately also...:thinking:

g$$
08-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
don't think Jack Del Rio has been happy with him lately...:thinking:
injuries are killing him lately also...:thinking:

Del Rio is one of the most hated men in the entire NFL from stuff I have read. He is very egotistical & now fighting for his job. Leftwich will be a qb somewhere soon, maybe Oakland or Minnesota.

bulldogman06
08-31-2007, 06:09 PM
he wont be at oakland, hed be thrid string before russell signed. maybe the vikes, but seriously, leftwich really isnt that good of a qb.

Emerson1
08-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
he wont be at oakland, hed be thrid string before russell signed. maybe the vikes, but seriously, leftwich really isnt that good of a qb.
He has the Starting QB Syndrome that plagues the NFL.

g$$
09-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06

I've never been a big fan of Leftwich, but I still think he's better than that guy starting in Minnesota (Travaras Jackson or something like that). Culpepper looks done too in Oakland - can't move anymore. No big deal anyway, but a big name I guess.

burnet44
09-01-2007, 08:16 AM
del rio and leftwitch are at odds
looks like the coach wins

Highschoolfan78
09-01-2007, 10:29 AM
As a Jags fan, I think this move is for the best. Leftwitch's wind up will never be sufficient enough for him to achieve major success in the NFL. Plus he is as slow as molasses. I still wouldnt want to have to tackle him when he's running downhill though. Maybe he'll pull a fast one like Ankiel for the Cards in baseball and reform as a fullback. Other than that, i dont see him as a real successful QB in the NFL.