PDA

View Full Version : how many yards will blanton have?

vfunk
08-12-2001, 05:15 PM
assuming that he doesnt get injured and that he only plays an average of 2.5 full quarters, how many yards do you think that DaBryan Blanton of Forney will amass? my guess is that through 10 games he will have 1600. what do yall think....oh and by the way...im not sure that Wylie wants a state championship this year more than any team...if youll remember correctly, Forney also lost a state championship game last year and it was a very close one. So look out Wylie!! hehehe...just trying to get some people feathers ruffled. anyway...let me know what you think about blantons yardage. oh...and congrats to Tye Gunn from La Grange...the coaches and players at TCU seem to be really impressed with him...he is an awesome player and Forney wishes him all the best

tylerrose
08-12-2001, 09:57 PM
Blanton will have a minimum of 1800 yds and 30 TDs.

Jacket2000
08-12-2001, 10:33 PM
Every DC in 3A has spent his summer devising a defense to stop Blanton. I say his numbers will be considerably lower this year.

dufresne_96
08-14-2001, 04:12 PM
My opinion is that Blanton could reach very rare territory, but only if Forney plays 16 games. I feel that he'll notch at least 2,500 yds. and 35 touchdowns. AT LEATST!!! He must be more versatile, though, to rack up big yards against the better defenses of Commerce, Lindale, Mexia, Aledo, and WT White. If he can go between the tackles, in addition to catching the corners for a couple of long runs a game, then we could be looking at one of the top rushing seasons in Texas history.
In the playoffs last year, he stepped his game up a notch. If he can put together a 1,500 yd regular season and average 190 yds./gm in the playoffs (like he did last season) then that equals 2,600 yds. Get ready. It's gonna be fun.

Matthew328
08-15-2001, 02:30 PM
I think as an individual Blanton won't have as big of numbers but I think that is because people are gonna do everything to stop him...but I think that will open things up for other people..look for him to still have at least 1500 regular season yards..that being said I think he is by far the best back in the state..

[This message has been edited by Matthew328 (edited August 15, 2001).]

superman
08-16-2001, 02:01 PM
i dont know the exact number blanton will have but Danny Ruth will have more.

vfunk
08-17-2001, 02:12 AM
danny ruth????? who the hell is that...well...it doesnt really matter...blanton is better, and i do believe everyone on here will agree with that

Jacket2000
08-17-2001, 10:38 AM
I watched both of them play, and Blanton is definately better. Ruth looks like he's powerwalking compared to Blanton's speed.

FBFAN
08-17-2001, 07:12 PM
Yea, Ruth powerwalks at 4.5 in the 40, and had great stats for a balanced offense at Wylie. Missed almost 6 games with an injury during the easier part of the season, and still had 1500 total yards and 17 TD's. I'm not trying to compare him to Blanton, as he is no doubt great, but whoever it was that said he saw both of these guys play, maybe he wasn't watching very close. We wish both players and both teams (Forney and Wylie) another great season, hopefully both playing for State Championships again this year!

Matthew328
08-17-2001, 07:30 PM
OK Danny Ruth is a pretty good player...but he is no DaBryan Blanton...Blanton is a once a lifetime talent...Ruth although he is a wonderful player is not in the same league as Blanton..and that is no knock on Ruth because I don't think there are too many players in the state as good as Blanton..and in my opinion Blanton make everyone look like they are power walking....4.3 in the 40 is ridiculous I bet he will run a sub 4.3 before long...

tylerrose
08-17-2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328:
OK Danny Ruth is a pretty good player...but he is no DaBryan Blanton...Blanton is a once a lifetime talent...Ruth although he is a wonderful player is not in the same league as Blanton..and that is no knock on Ruth because I don't think there are too many players in the state as good as Blanton..and in my opinion Blanton make everyone look like they are power walking....4.3 in the 40 is ridiculous I bet he will run a sub 4.3 before long...He already has.

victory11
08-17-2001, 11:10 PM
no he hasn't

hsguru
08-18-2001, 12:19 AM
The thing that impresses me the most about Danny is the moves he has to make defenders miss. When you watch him on tape it will amaze you. His ability to catch the ball out of the back field is impressive also.
Blanton is fast and the only thing that concerns me about him is size and strength. When i watch him I think of a speedster out of Big Spring, Tory Mitchell. Fast fast fast, but he was so fragile.

vfunk
08-18-2001, 12:20 AM
i think that blanton could run sub 4.3...and of course every school times different. i know that quan cosby from mart was shown on lots of sites as 4.2, but i saw blanton smoke him in the 100M. id think if quan did it...blanton could do it. and about this ruth guy...i would bet lots of money that he doesnt have as many yards as blanton...the two played the same number of games last year, and blanton had like 400 more yards and 10 more TDs. i dont know how you think ruth will have more this year.

vfunk
08-18-2001, 04:02 PM
you are so right about the comparison to tory mitchell...i saw him run at the state meet and i see a lot of the same things...but dont let blantons size fool you...he is very strong...can bench twice his weight...and his legs are even stronger. ive seen him take some very hard hits, and he usually pops right back up. and when you talk about moves to make a defender miss, blanton is a pro at that!!!

KingApe5
08-18-2001, 11:29 PM
Is Forney totally depending on blanton to carry them to state?

KingApe5
08-18-2001, 11:31 PM
So, what's the plan if his legs get broken?

superman
08-19-2001, 02:02 AM
vfunk, sorry pal but ruth and blanton did not play the same amount of games. thanks for you idiotic reply though.

vfunk
08-19-2001, 02:20 PM
how is that idiotic?? ruth was hurt for about 5 games at the beginning of the season...as was blanton...both teams made it to the state final game. correct me if im wrong, but isnt that about the same amount? who is the idiot now?? if youre gonna talk trash to me you might want to make sure that you can back it up instead of makin yourself look like a total fool.

superman
08-19-2001, 05:43 PM
vfunk and his mother make love.

bigdawg
08-19-2001, 05:49 PM
LOL!!! I wouldn't doubt it.

Jacket2000
08-19-2001, 07:26 PM
VFunk, I think what these Abilene elementary students are trying to say is that Blanton played one game more than Ruth(D1 doesnt have an area round). However, I dont think Blanton rushed for 800 yards that game. Also,(even the Wylie juveniles will have to agree with this)Blanton racked up his 1,900 yards against teams that were ALOT tougher than what Ruth faced.
J2K

bigdawg
08-19-2001, 10:37 PM
Hey, it's middle school students, alright!! Dang!! And by the way, name a few teams that Forney played that are ALOT tougher than some of the teams we played. One, maybe two teams! Good try though.

superman
08-19-2001, 10:47 PM
i didnt know it got much tougher than #1 ranked aledo, #2 ranked lamesa, preseason #1 Everman, then the eventual state champion. sounds like a prett weak road to state if you ask me. ha

Phil A. Sheo
08-19-2001, 11:01 PM
Does anyone think it may depend on how many carries he gets? Therefore, should we not then debate how many of Forney's games will be close? One game a while back he only had 3 carries. Ofcourse, it was for 90+ yards and 3 touchdowns, but if he is pulled early in blowouts then it is not fair to compare.

bigdawg
08-19-2001, 11:09 PM
Please tell us who is better than those teams. I think we would all like to know!

Jacket2000
08-19-2001, 11:11 PM
Ok, I have a few things to cover in this one. First, when the hell was Aledo ranked #1??? Try #15.
Second, yes, Forney had a much tougher road. There is no way in hell you can actually think that region 1 is anywhere near as tough as region 2. Now, dont get me wrong,Im nowhere near being a Forney supporter. But if you wanna try to compare schedule strengths, Wylie is way outmatched.

Matthew328
08-20-2001, 12:37 AM
Gotta agree...Aledo was nowhere being number one last season....Lamesa was also overrated..I'll give you Everman though...Forney had to go through arch-rival Crandall, 2 up and comers in Gladewater and Wilmer-Hutchins who both probably woulda beaten Aledo last year...and then they beat Commerce enough said..and then they demolished a then unbeaten Muleshoe squad...so Forney did have a much tougher road than Wylie last year..but hey that was last year, let's talk about this season!!!

[This message has been edited by Matthew328 (edited August 20, 2001).]

Jacket2000
08-20-2001, 01:07 AM
Well, we cant seem to do that without the Wylie Elementary students making Mafia-style threats of broken legs and making proposterous predictions.

Matthew328
08-20-2001, 01:15 AM
Yeah that is rather "Godfather-like" gonna break both his legs...actually that gave me a good chuckle..ohh well both Ruth and Blanton are great backs..and to me idividual stats are wonderful but the only stat that truly matters is the W's and L's and if Blanton rushes for 3000 yards but they don't win it all,and Ruth rushes for only 100 yards all year I am sure every Wylie fan would be happy and vice versa for Forney or for that fact any team in the state...

bigdawg
08-20-2001, 02:23 PM
Ya'll don't keep up with the rankings very well do you? When we played Aledo in week 12, they were number 1, and also undefeated at 12-0, and if i remember it correctly, we demolished them. Get your facts straight. I agree, Lamesa was way overranked, but they were still a good ball club. But i disagree with you when you say Forney's schedule is ALOT tougher than Wylie, cause it wasn't. And by the way jacket2000, it's middle school students jack-ass! Anyways , let's talk about this year.

KingApe5
08-20-2001, 07:53 PM
There was no Mafia-style threat of broken legs. I didnt mean that wylie would do it. I was simply asking in an indirect way, is blanton the team this year. He is the only one anybody talks about, so i assumed he was it. Oh and at the time wylie played aledo is the playoffs last year they were ranked number one. So tell me is Forney screwed if Blanton is injured or do they have a good team?

tylerrose
08-20-2001, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by KingApe5:
There was no Mafia-style threat of broken legs. I didnt mean that wylie would do it. I was simply asking in an indirect way, is blanton the team this year. He is the only one anybody talks about, so i assumed he was it. Oh and at the time wylie played aledo is the playoffs last year they were ranked number one. So tell me is Forney screwed if Blanton is injured or do they have a good team?I hope you get to find out.

Phil A. Sheo
08-20-2001, 10:44 PM
Your right! What stupid coaches Forney must have relying on a stud to take them to state. I heard they were actually relying on the towel boy's retarded little brother to take them to state, but he can't play because he wouldn't shave his beard.

bigdawg
08-20-2001, 11:10 PM
Is that supposed to be a sarcastic comment or what? Sounds like a pretty stupid comment to me! Anyways, would Forney still be a state caliber team if they lost Blanton?

Phil A. Sheo
08-21-2001, 12:08 AM
No! Absolutley no sacarsm intended. They are only ranked so high because of 1 kid. The rest of the team takes Xanax before the game so they can't do anything remotely football orientated and interfere with his stats. Please think. Was it necessary to actually ask any of your questions?

vfunk
08-21-2001, 02:08 AM
must the wylie people keep posting irrational comments on here...and they wonder why no one likes them. but i guess when all you have a is a lot of junior high guys posting for you it should be expected. and to answer your question, forney would still be a playoff team without blanton, but i wouldnt say state caliber...i still dont think they are state caliber WITH him honestly. i just dont know if they have a defense as strong as last years without ross in there. they will be tough though and i hope to be proven wrong about their chances in the playoffs. another thing i need to get off my chest...i think la grange is another team that is overrated in the polls...i do know that they have a lot of returning starters in there, but without Tye Gunn i just dont know...he was like blanton to forney.

surfspike
09-04-2001, 01:58 AM
OK, hey vfunk, wut up.... if forney goes the whole 16 games....then I think Blanton has a very good possibility of breaking 3K! The boy is so fast, he could beat my car off the line! lol But either way Blanton is at least 1,500 this year.

whsfan
09-05-2001, 10:07 PM
Okay, I will make a projection about Blanton's yardage. He will go somewhere between 2000 & 2200 yds (70% of Forney's offense). He is a great running back with exceptional speed. On the other hand, one player does make this yardage by himself.

Danny Ruth is a very good tailback that plays an important role on the powerful and well balanced Wylie offense. You can look for Ruth to provide about 2,500 all purpose yards (40-50%) of the total Wylie offense.

One can only hope that Forney gets the oppurtunity to play Division I ball in the playoffs this year. The Dawgs will show you the value of very well balance and powerful offense that has huge lineman that will pound the opponents into next season.

Originally posted by surfspike:
OK, hey vfunk, wut up.... if forney goes the whole 16 games....then I think Blanton has a very good possibility of breaking 3K! The boy is so fast, he could beat my car off the line! lol But either way Blanton is at least 1,500 this year.

kaorder1999
09-05-2001, 11:12 PM
I'd have to disagre with you. Though Blanton will get his enormous amount of yards, fullback Bryson Brown will also eclipse the 1000 mark. (or be very close) And believe it or not, Forney can throw the ball as well. In the scrimmage against 4A Mineral Wells, Forney completed the ball to 11 different recievers. Then, 5 days later, Forney totally murdered 4A Dallas Spruces secondary with several long yardage completions.

At certain times, Forney has three people split out wide that were aa legs on a Class 3A State Championship 4X100 meter relay team.

So, before you look at the stats from the Forney-Aledo game (in very bad weather) and automatically believe Forney's a one-dimentional offensive team, research a little more.

In Round Four last season, Commerce thought Forney was one-dimentional, and...what happened then!