PDA

View Full Version : WNBA Game 1 of Western Semis Phoenix 102 San Antonio 100

Phil C
08-31-2007, 08:09 AM
Phoenix has really come strong since the drafted the great Diana Taurasi but they got to greatest by getting Cappie Pondexter. This was a good game with San Antonio being behind 100 to 94 and unbelievably scoring six points in the last twenty seconds to tie the game. It would have been great to have had it settled in overtime and either team could have won it but Alas! the refs had to ruin the game and stop it from being a great classic by calling a phantom call on San Antonio in the last two seconds (I couldn't see the four and the two announcers said there was not really a foul and it was a shame for the game to end this way). Maybe the refs had a better angle but it was a shame because Phoenix made the free throws and got the win. I guess since Phoenix thinks the crooked NBA ref cheated them out of a game against the Spurs maybe the WNBA refs decided to go the other way in this game.

The travesty is that even if Phoenix had won in overtime that this could have been a classic game and I could have bragged on it to the downlow. I have enough trouble trying to get some people here to like women's sports and to get them to watch them. The refs had to ruin my chance and give me the gas stove pipe.

:(

3afan
08-31-2007, 08:37 AM
unbelievable! women play basketball !?!?! :eek:

crzyjournalist03
08-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

what's next? A professional women's football league???

Phil C
08-31-2007, 10:10 AM

Indeed yes 3a and the sad thing is that game could have been a perfect chance with a thrilling overtime that I could have used to win non women's sports fans but an official had to made a call like that to ruin this great chance for me to recruit many more fans. :(

Makes you want to go wrestle alligators in a Florida swamp.

3afan
08-31-2007, 10:18 AM
trust me Phil .... its not the officiating keeping people away from woman's basketball, its, well, woman's basketball

LH Panther Mom
08-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Makes you want to go wrestle alligators in a Florida swamp. From bullfighter to alligator wrestling....will you take pictures? ;)

Phil C
08-31-2007, 02:30 PM
trust me Phil .... its not the officiating keeping people away from woman's basketball, its, well, woman's basketball

What I meant 3a is that if it had not been for a very questionable call near the end of the game this might have been a great classic game and got people more supportive of women's basketball. It would have been a great public relations sort of thing no matter who would have won in the overtime. :(

Sweetwater Red
08-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Just give the trophy to Bill Laimbeer (the next coach of the
Pistons) and the Detroit Shock.:D