PDA

View Full Version : Crocs Part Deaux

44INAROW
08-30-2007, 01:28 PM
talk amongst yourselfs :D
(the picture looks like a Columbia "fishing shirt" to me.....)
http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/crocs-tries-on-shirts-to-match-shoes/20070827112909990001

Crocs Tries on Shirts to Match Shoes
By KRIS HUDSON, The Wall Street Journal,
Posted: 2007-08-27 17:17:26
(Aug. 27) - Crocs Inc., the maker of brightly hued, plastic clogs, plans a surprising twist in its bid to diversify its products and avoid fad status: a line of apparel for men and children.

The apparel line, which Crocs intends to unveil today, will feature regular fibers, such as cotton, interwoven with a lightweight derivative of the pliable, plastic resin used to make Crocs' shoes. It will make its debut in stores in October.

A men's long-sleeved shirt from the new Crocs collection. The apparel line marks the latest phase of Crocs' effort to broaden its range of products after its fortunes skyrocketed on the popularity of its odd-looking, water-resistant shoes, which many wearers find comfortable. Launched in 1999, Crocs, Niwot, Colo., posted revenue of $24,000 in 2002, made its debut as a public company in February 2006 and expects revenue this year of $810 million to $820 million.

More WSJ.comIn turn, Crocs' stock has surged 462% since its debut at a split-adjusted $10.50. The stock gained $2.30, or 4.1%, on Friday to close at $58.99 in trading on the Nasdaq National Stock Market.

Some investors, however, are betting that Crocs will fade when the popularity of its shoes wanes. As of July 13, nearly 26% of Crocs' outstanding shares were sold short, as those investors hope to profit from a decline in the stock. Investors who "short" shares borrow them and sell them, betting the price will fall and they will be able to buy the shares back later at a lower price.

Ranger Mom
08-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Speaking of crocs....were you aware that they shrink if left in the sun for too long??

My oldest sons g/f has a 7 y/o daughter who left ONE of her crocs outside. I picked it up last night and it is a good 2 inches smaller than the one that was in the house!! :D :D

44INAROW
08-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Speaking of crocs....were you aware that they shrink if left in the sun for too long??

My oldest sons g/f has a 7 y/o daughter who left ONE of her crocs outside. I picked it up last night and it is a good 2 inches smaller than the one that was in the house!! :D :D

hhm didn't know that.. thanks for the info.. I do know that if you step on a thumb-tack or a nail while wearing crocs- it will cause immense pain - :doh: :doh: found that out the hard way:nerd: :eek:

g$$
08-30-2007, 04:20 PM
I think those shoes are fine for kids, but I hate them on adults. Just my opinion, but to me they are ugly & cheap looking. Guess lots of people disagree though, which is fine by me!

carter08
08-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Have you seen the Croc boots and Croc formal shoes? weird.

luvhoops34
08-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Have you seen the Croc boots and Croc formal shoes? weird.

you got some of those, carter?