PDA

View Full Version : how would you defend the single wing?

DU_stud04
08-30-2007, 12:00 AM
how would you defend the single wing?

only thing i can think of after watching that film is spy the qb....every play have someone put him on his back. since it is a power misdirection offense ummm..... gap control looks like is it very important, making sure you dont chase the ball. also try and stop the o line movement. key the guards they most likely will tell you where they are going.

idk...... i need a few more plays on film :)

what do you think?

BILLYFRED0000
08-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
how would you defend the single wing?

only thing i can think of after watching that film is spy the qb....every play have someone put him on his back. since it is a power misdirection offense ummm..... gap control looks like is it very important, making sure you dont chase the ball. also try and stop the o line movement. key the guards they most likely will tell you where they are going.

idk...... i need a few more plays on film :)

what do you think?
The smart way is jet the gaps, keying the guards and shooting in to the QB. It does not matter who has the ball if your defense is in the backfield fast enough. You will destroy the timing and blocking schemes. Stunting to hide the gaps etc. Just be agressive. Might give up a big play but you will also get some negative stops. It all comes down to the trenches anyway. He who controls the line of scrimmage controls the game. The split D would work pretty well. Celina's 10-1 and 46 would work pretty well. It all comes down to the quality of the coaching and technique.
If the D line has the better technique and execution the play dies anyway.

burnet44
08-30-2007, 06:31 AM
read your keys

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2007, 06:39 AM
I would start by telling the single wing that if there were two, it'd be able to fly, so it's not at fault and all the nay-sayers can jump in a lake. :devil:

rockdale80
08-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I would start by telling the single wing that if there were two, it'd be able to fly, so it's not at fault and all the nay-sayers can jump in a lake. :devil:

I dont know why I thought this to be so funny, but I did. :D :D

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I dont know why I thought this to be so funny, but I did. :D :D I'm glad somebody laughed. :D

rockdale80
08-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm glad somebody laughed. :D

I actually really, really enjoyed that joke. Obvious humor cracks me up. I love it.

crzyjournalist03
08-30-2007, 09:43 AM
a bunch of 8 man fronts