PDA

View Full Version : Allan Dock

Milk That Cow
08-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Is he getting any college looks?

buff4life
08-29-2007, 09:47 PM
yes and no... i know he has visits scheduled to Colorado and Cal...and maybe OSU but i'm not sure..

sabre1
08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
I heard he was offered a full scholarship from the Tulsa University. This would be a good match up for Dock since Tulsa runs a 3-3 stack also.

buff4life
08-29-2007, 11:14 PM
wow thats news to me

mwynn05
08-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
I heard he was offered a full scholarship from the Tulsa University. This would be a good match up for Dock since Tulsa runs a 3-3 stack also. how do you know...tulsa hasnt even played a game under their new coaching staff you must really follow tulsa football and watched the spring game ETC

Old Tiger
08-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Alan ran me down on a 60 yard pass play and told me I was slow :(

rockdale80
08-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue

And that is true.

Bull19
08-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue

must have been

Dogman_1969
08-30-2007, 12:07 PM
This kid is a very good player. If he was 6'2" or taller he'd be on everyone's recruiting list. He will play somewhere on Saturdays.........

Old Tiger
08-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
This kid is a very good player. If he was 6'2" or taller he'd be on everyone's recruiting list. He will play somewhere on Saturdays......... More or less if he was 6' he would be.

Old Tiger
08-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
must have been I scored on Bellville great Emmanual Sanders:D :p

g$$
08-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
I heard he was offered a full scholarship from the Tulsa University. This would be a good match up for Dock since Tulsa runs a 3-3 stack also.

All football scholarships are full rides. Called a head count sport, so it is all or none. Other sports like baseball, track, etc. give partials. Not football. If someone tells you they got offered a partial football scholarship these days, then they are lying.

Hope that helps.

g$$
08-30-2007, 04:01 PM
BTW, wish the kid all the best. He can play, saw him last year.

buff4life
08-30-2007, 04:05 PM
He's my next door neighbor and best friend...remember the day when i could throw him around...wish him the best of luck also...

a different point of view brought on by jacoby jones of Houston from Lane College...

it doesn't matter WHAT college you go to, DI or not, if you have the talent to play on sundays you will be found...

g$$
08-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
He's my next door neighbor and best friend...remember the day when i could throw him around...wish him the best of luck also...

a different point of view brought on by jacoby jones of Houston from Lane College...

it doesn't matter WHAT college you go to, DI or not, if you have the talent to play on sundays you will be found...

Exactly. Best WR of all-time was from tiny Mississippi Valley State, guy named Jerry Rice. Lots of examples like this too. Cream always rises to the top. If you can play, you will be found & given a chance.

big daddy russ
08-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Exactly. Best WR of all-time was from tiny Mississippi Valley State, guy named Jerry Rice. Lots of examples like this too. Cream always rises to the top. If you can play, you will be found & given a chance.
No doubt. Walter Payton, Darrell Green, John Stallworth, Mean Joe Green, Gene Upshaw, Don Maynard... the list goes on and on.

Milk That Cow
08-31-2007, 12:15 AM
I don't know what position he could play at the next level...

I don't know if he's fast enough for the next level...

But, he is ALWAYS around the football...

He reminds me a lot of Dat Nguyen...

He's just a football playing dude...

Old Tiger
08-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

He's just a football playing dude... He's a 4.4 or 4.5 guy. I'm thinking 4.4 cause he ran me down :(

g$$
08-31-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

He's just a football playing dude...

Always a place for those dudes! Spike Dykes called them "football playing Jessie's". I love the quotes from guys like Spike & Bum Phillips!

buff4life
08-31-2007, 02:09 AM
he would be a great fit at a strong safety position in the 3-3-5 stack defense...

g$$
08-31-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
he would be a great fit at a strong safety position in the 3-3-5 stack defense...

College 3-3-5? Maybe a 4-2-5 as is common now in college to get more speed on the field. College version of Split 6. Whip safety is a hybrid position of DB & weakside LB combined, but to play it you must run/tackle well & be comfortable in space. We'll have to see where he ends up.