PDA

View Full Version : Region III District Picks

Old Tiger
08-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Just looking through the region III pages and noticed some district picks were provided.

wookinpanub
08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Just looking through the region III pages and noticed some district picks were provided.

Bellville has reports of everyone dropping out of football except the waterboy and what's with 3ADL picking Navasota so high when they finished with a horrendous record for two years?

Navasota, with all due respect, played for state once 19 years ago and have had back-to-back losing seasons. I mean, i wish the Rattlers the best of luck but if it requires a new stadium to inspire them to make the playoffs and 3ADL gauges that in predicting, I have a schnauzer who might as well vote.

Caldwell's beaten Navasota five out of the six times they've played, including twice in bi-district. The team's got 27 seniors coming back with four all-district returners including the QB and a running back plus a powerful RB that couldn't play after one blowout game against 4A Elgin he inspired and the possible transfer player from Giddings who had post-season honors as well.

Just say it. You pick Smithville over Caldwell by 40! (Keep your fingers crossed and if you're all lucky, maybe it will happen). :mad:

sinton66
08-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Regional picks are the sole responsibility of the regional coordinator and his/her assistants and sources. Those picks may or may not represent a general "consenus" by all of 3ADL, but they are allowed to post their opinions on their regional pages. 3ADL does not interfere with their choices.

buff4life
08-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
Bellville has reports of everyone dropping out of football except the waterboy and what's with 3ADL picking Navasota so high when they finished with a horrendous record for two years?

Navasota, with all due respect, played for state once 19 years ago and have had back-to-back losing seasons. I mean, i wish the Rattlers the best of luck but if it requires a new stadium to inspire them to make the playoffs and 3ADL gauges that in predicting, I have a schnauzer who might as well vote.

Caldwell's beaten Navasota five out of the six times they've played, including twice in bi-district. The team's got 27 seniors coming back with four all-district returners including the QB and a running back plus a powerful RB that couldn't play after one blowout game against 4A Elgin he inspired and the possible transfer player from Giddings who had post-season honors as well.

Just say it. You pick Smithville over Caldwell by 40! (Keep your fingers crossed and if you're all lucky, maybe it will happen). :mad:

as soon as i started reading that it turned into a HOMER thread i could tell from the beginning...

HEMOTOXIC
08-30-2007, 01:18 AM
It will be very interesting in Navasota this fall. I wish them the best. Yes, the new stadium will be a motivator for the Rattlers; however, to say that it takes a new stadium to inspire them is somewhat rediculous. Brule Field was nice but it was definatley time for a change. If you look at the new Rattler Stadium, it would probably inspire just about any team to play their best. From 1992-2002, the Rattlers competed in class 4A and were very competitve. Since dropping back to 3A, the Rattlers have only faced Caldwell twice. Once in a thrilling bi-district playoff game when the two schools were 9-1 going into the game. It took overtime for the Hornets to upset the Rattlers. The only other time was last season. The 2006 game was much closer than the score indicated. For the past two seasons, the Rattlers were learning a new offence and ajusting to a new coach. So, to keep throwing in that the Hornets have beaten the Rattlers 5 out of 6 times is irrelavent. I am not the one to sit and boast and brag about what my favorite team will do. So, I just say we will see what happens when the Hornets travel to Rattler Country.

wookinpanub
08-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
as soon as i started reading that it turned into a HOMER thread i could tell from the beginning...

Don't worry, we all you know you expect Brock -- oops, I mean Giddings (my bad) -- to beat every opponent by 100 points.

wookinpanub
08-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
It will be very interesting in Navasota this fall. I wish them the best. Yes, the new stadium will be a motivator for the Rattlers; however, to say that it takes a new stadium to inspire them is somewhat rediculous. Brule Field was nice but it was definatley time for a change. If you look at the new Rattler Stadium, it would probably inspire just about any team to play their best. From 1992-2002, the Rattlers competed in class 4A and were very competitve. Since dropping back to 3A, the Rattlers have only faced Caldwell twice. Once in a thrilling bi-district playoff game when the two schools were 9-1 going into the game. It took overtime for the Hornets to upset the Rattlers. The only other time was last season. The 2006 game was much closer than the score indicated. For the past two seasons, the Rattlers were learning a new offence and ajusting to a new coach. So, to keep throwing in that the Hornets have beaten the Rattlers 5 out of 6 times is irrelavent. I am not the one to sit and boast and brag about what my favorite team will do. So, I just say we will see what happens when the Hornets travel to Rattler Country.
\
Yes, we shall.

LHPfactory
08-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Don't worry, we all you know you expect Brock -- oops, I mean Giddings (my bad) -- to beat every opponent by 100 points.

Come on yall are to hard on Giddings, I watched them beat WOS last year and they really played as a team. I was impressed by the whole bunch. Course I loved it when we beat them, but dont discredit brock or the buffs, they are a great team. I hope they make it as far as the regional finals again, with the same result of course, but dont knock the team or players, they are one of the best teams in the state hands down.

Old Tiger
08-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Don't worry, we all you know you expect Brock -- oops, I mean Giddings (my bad) -- to beat every opponent by 100 points. Ya well that means Brock has put up around 60 points on your team by himself. That is bad for your team.

wookinpanub
08-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Ya well that means Brock has put up around 60 points on your team by himself. That is bad for your team.

I wouldn't exactly call a 39-28 win a blowout last year, and it required come from behind in the second half.

Old Tiger
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't exactly call a 39-28 win a blowout last year, and it required come from behind in the second half. I'm talking about the past two years.

The point is you say he is the team and that means that a bunch of teams have gotten beat by one person. Your ignorance is coming through. YOU SHOULD PUT THE KEYBOARD DOWN AND STEP AWAY SLOOOOWLY.

wookinpanub
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm talking about the past two years.

The point is you say he is the team and that means that a bunch of teams have gotten beat by one person. Your ignorance is coming through. YOU SHOULD PUT THE KEYBOARD DOWN AND STEP AWAY SLOOOOWLY.

Learn to spell "nuthing" and then talk trash.

Old Tiger
08-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Learn to spell "nuthing" and then talk trash. wth are you talking about?