PDA

View Full Version : Guess our freinds from Glen Rose are gone..

Matthew328
11-08-2003, 12:12 PM
so sad....I would have a lot more repsect for em if they'd show up after they got their butts handed to em...sure is easy to come on and talk noise after a big win....but what about after a loss? By the way Hammonds was pretty darn good!!

Chief Woodman
11-08-2003, 01:16 PM
With the exception of one or two posters...Kennedale folks did the same thing when Glen Rose beat them.

GWOOD
11-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Got in on 3A Downlow in the middle of the season last year as a reader only. I don't remember near as many high school kids posting like they have this year. Is this becoming more widespread this year or is it a pretty common thing every year?

tigerdaddy
11-08-2003, 02:34 PM
c'mon matthew...you're letting a bunch of hs punks get you all riled up. I thought it was a good game from both teams. Everman is extremely tough but GR fought 'em hard. The injury to Frazee and the goalline stand before half was too much for the Tigers to overcome(not to mention the dawgs themselves). Feaster threw for over 300 yards and that would concern me if I was an Everman fan. Even if you take away the last TD, he still would have been 250+. ANyway, The GR posters are still here just lickin' our wounds from last night. Good luck in the playoffs. PS--I told you Hammond's was good.

olddawggreen
11-08-2003, 05:35 PM
Matthew, the thing I hate worst about some of the young posters we see is that many times they havent experienced enough life to understand that there are very few sure things in the world of sports. Even the best team can fall under the right circumstances. Some of these youngsters get on here and really over do it on the "we are the best", "we can't be beat", and all the trash talk. Then when their team loses, they seem to dissapear and leave the adult posters from their community to eat their share of the crow. :mad: :mad:

Everman01Grad.
11-08-2003, 05:39 PM
That was a very good post greendawg. At least someone on here has a good attitude!!!

Ranger Mom
11-08-2003, 06:54 PM
GWOOD:
Got in on 3A Downlow in the middle of the season last year as a reader only. I don't remember near as many high school kids posting like they have this year. Is this becoming more widespread this year or is it a pretty common thing every year?Personally, I think it is just more widespread. When I joined up last year (June 2002) I was member #711. There are over 3000 memebers now.
Also, several of us put an ad with a link to this site in our football programs this year.

mc_roach
11-09-2003, 10:23 PM
It was a good game and i will hand it to the dawgs, they are a very good team played very well good luck in the playoffs

grtigerchick
11-13-2003, 10:59 PM
Wow.
I haven't been able to get online since before the everman game b/c of my disfunctional internet, and I guess I missed a lot. I agree with Chief Woodman - most every high school team and its respective fans get pumped up, and yes, even talk a little smack sometimes. That's just the way it is; sometimes the smack comes true, and other times it just comes back to hit you in the face. Well, what's done is done and good luck to all the teams in playoffs - even to those who occasionally say things that perhaps they shouldn't.
Anyway, we got next year, GR!

GlenRosePoster
11-13-2003, 11:05 PM
I tried to get a sign in name to reply the day after the game but it took forever to get it approved. But GR will be back in the playoffs next year. If they are in 2A they could go very deep, but regardless of classification they still have Feaster to rely on.

Olinecoach
11-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Chief Woodman:
With the exception of one or two posters...Kennedale folks did the same thing when Glen Rose beat them.They were told to stay off the downlow and watch more film. LADA

Problem Solver
11-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Hey Chief does your knees hurt!! Always bringing Kennedale in.

Chief Woodman
11-14-2003, 09:31 AM
Olinecoach:

Chief Woodman:
With the exception of one or two posters...Kennedale folks did the same thing when Glen Rose beat them.They were told to stay off the downlow and watch more film. LADAIf you are the O line coach for Kennedale....congratulations on a job well done. For your team to have the stats it does the O line is really doing their job. It takes not only some talent, but at that position and age alot more comes from being coachable and having a good coach.

Olinecoach
11-14-2003, 10:48 AM
If you are the O line coach for Kennedale....congratulations on a job well done. For your team to have the stats it does the O line is really doing their job. It takes not only some talent, but at that position and age alot more comes from being coachable and having a good coach.[/QB]Thanks, the kids work hard and learn from their mistakes. LADA:jp,as,kb,dl,pt,jt,sr.