PDA

View Full Version : SLC vs Miami NW

VanKampen
08-29-2007, 06:54 PM
i know this isnt 3a and its a couple of weeks away but is anyone else excited about getting to watch SLC get killed?

Old Tiger
08-29-2007, 07:06 PM
SLC is a much more disciplined team and it will show on the scoreboard. I heard that MNW is one of the most penalized teams in the state of Florida and that will cause them to lose against SLC.

Why would you want a Texas team to lose to an OOS opponent? That makes our state look weaker in football.

SLC 49
MNW 28

I have already purchased my tickets and I am waiting for them to come in the mail.

PHS Wildcats
08-29-2007, 07:51 PM
where did you purchase them from?

Old Tiger
08-29-2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.clashofchampions.com/

Gsquared
08-29-2007, 07:57 PM
I guarantee you SLC will not get killed. By the early fourth SLC starts to run away with this game. Look at the technique etc.. and not all that speed, you will agree if you understand football 101. Of course I am assuming you have seen NW on film, if not then I dont expect you to understand. You will see.

PHS Wildcats
08-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Don't understand that logic at all:eek: :confused:

VanKampen
08-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I guarantee you SLC will not get killed. By the early fourth SLC starts to run away with this game. Look at the technique etc.. and not all that speed, you will agree if you understand football 101. Of course I am assuming you have seen NW on film, if not then I dont expect you to understand. You will see.
i'm sorry. i'm just going by what espn tells me. they said MNW had superb athletes at every position unlike SLC.

Old Tiger
08-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
i'm sorry. i'm just going by what espn tells me. they said MNW had superb athletes at every position unlike SLC. So has...

Lufkin
Euluess Trinity
Katy

to name a few.

DDBooger
08-29-2007, 11:36 PM
slc plus 10

if any of yall haven't youtube'd miami northwestern, check it out and read the comments! lol WOW! this game really means a lot! BIG braggin rights! i hope SLC humiliates em personally, but a W will suffice. .

VAMike
08-30-2007, 03:48 AM
I don't know if the claim about Northwestern being highly penalized is true or not. But, I am aware of many situations where teams are highly penalized and yet are not all that undisciplined. Most penalties are against the offense. So a team that scores a lot, plays offense a lot, etc etc, has a greater chance to have more penalties than other teams. That may no be Northwestern's problem but just tossing it out there as a possibility. If they truly are an undisciplined group then taking them on a trip all the way to Texas and putting them on a national stage could really cause them to self-implode.

Not sure what the situation is for this game, but usually in these interstate contests the rules and officials of the home team's state are used for the game. If so, that means Northwestern will play under NCAA rules which permit certain types of blocking they are not used to as it is not permitted in "normal" high school football in the US. That could give SLC an advantage at the line of scrimmage.

olddawggreen
08-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by VAMike
I don't know if the claim about Northwestern being highly penalized is true or not. But, I am aware of many situations where teams are highly penalized and yet are not all that undisciplined. Most penalties are against the offense. So a team that scores a lot, plays offense a lot, etc etc, has a greater chance to have more penalties than other teams. That may no be Northwestern's problem but just tossing it out there as a possibility. If they truly are an undisciplined group then taking them on a trip all the way to Texas and putting them on a national stage could really cause them to self-implode.

Not sure what the situation is for this game, but usually in these interstate contests the rules and officials of the home team's state are used for the game. If so, that means Northwestern will play under NCAA rules which permit certain types of blocking they are not used to as it is not permitted in "normal" high school football in the US. That could give SLC an advantage at the line of scrimmage.

The game will be played under NCAA rules.

Gsquared
08-30-2007, 08:27 AM
That might not be so good for NW either. One Federation rule that sticks out in my mind is there is no blocking below the waist, ever!

VAMike
08-30-2007, 12:46 PM
That is precisely the one I had in mind. They are not going to be used to getting cut and will probably not know how to do it themselves. Puts them at a disadvantage at the line of scrimmage.

sweetwater07
08-30-2007, 01:43 PM
when is this game and how can i watch it...hopefully its on espn???

Emerson1
08-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
when is this game and how can i watch it...hopefully its on espn???
September 15th on ESPNU

sweetwater07
08-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
September 15th on ESPNU

might have to get the guys from my dorm together and watch this game in the lobby.....yall need to watch the year of the bulls dcumentary on youtube...talk about desire to win..the coaches are outrageous

Old Tiger
08-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
might have to get the guys from my dorm together and watch this game in the lobby.....yall need to watch the year of the bulls dcumentary on youtube...talk about desire to win..the coaches are outrageous To bad that was filmed in 2001 and none of the players are on the team anymore:rolleyes:

Emerson1
08-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
To bad that was filmed in 2001 and none of the players are on the team anymore:rolleyes:
It was filmed way after that

Old Tiger
08-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It was filmed way after that I stand corrected. Came out in 2003. but all those coaches are gone because of some sex scandal.