PDA

View Full Version : 08-27-07 Volleyball Results!

Phil C
08-29-2007, 03:29 PM
It is hard to believe that district starts very soon. I think Sinton plays the first district game next Tuesday. Last night Sinton played a tri school match with Pettus and Three Rivers. All three teams are good and play tough and contest the points. Sinton beat Pettus in the first match 3 - 0 and then Pettus beat Three Rivers 3 - 0. The match between Pettus and Three Rivers was closer than you would expect because in two of the three games Three Rivers three times had big leads but Pettus fought back and overcame them in a remarkable match.
In the third match Sinton beat Three Rivers 4 to 1.

A good night indeed for volleyball.

Antec
08-29-2007, 05:13 PM
24-3A starts Tuesday

Columbus will be solid favorite

Needville, Sweeny and Wharton will battle for other 2 playoff spots

g$$
08-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Antec
24-3A starts Tuesday

Columbus will be solid favorite

Needville, Sweeny and Wharton will battle for other 2 playoff spots

Coach Holcomb does a fantastic job in Sweeny, but they are young & rebuilding this year. I would not count them out, but they graduated a lot of multi-year starters (Hubbard got D1 scholarship, Dye, etc.). This year's team should improve as the year goes on so guess we'll see.

tigerpride_08
08-29-2007, 08:17 PM
i think 24-3A will end up like this...

1.Columbus
2.Wharton
3.Needville

well see very soon...:thinking:

neck_06
08-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i think 24-3A will end up like this...

1.Columbus
2.Wharton
3.Needville

well see very soon...:thinking:

sorry, but thats wrong.

1. Columbus
2. Needville
3. Columbia
4. Wharton

nobody seems to be giving Columbia much of a chance....but mark it down, this team is better than any teams in the past....they play together and the attitudes are great. not to mention murphy is a great coach who seems to get the best out of her players.

Antec
08-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Columbia lost Jade Davis to graduation

The Necks new coach Shelley Murphey coaches softball also

g$$
08-30-2007, 03:59 PM

It's Murphy - think I know her husband pretty well! Fine baseball player in his day too. She is doing a solid job no doubt.

neck_06
08-30-2007, 05:55 PM

jade was a great athlete and a decent volleyball player, but this years team is better without her. and that is in no way a knock on jade so don't take it that way. me and jade are friends, so please don't try and act like i'm trying to bring her down......just stating my opinion