PDA

View Full Version : Former 3A players with preseason NCAA Honors?

big daddy russ
08-29-2007, 11:44 AM
I know DE Tommy Blake of TCU (Aransas Pass High) is an on the Walter Camp POY, Lombardi, Ted Hendricks Defensive POY, Nagurski, Lott, and Bednarik Watch Lists. Also an Athlon, CBS Sportsline, and Playboy Preseason All-American.

QB Stephen McGee at A&M (Burnet High) is on the Maxwell Watch List and may be (???) a preseason All-Big XII Selection.

Any other former 3A stars garnering preseason honors?

44INAROW
08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Cody Wallace - Cuero High School, Center @ A&M

Playboy Pre-season All American
Remington Watch List (Center)

big daddy russ
08-29-2007, 11:50 AM
EDIT: Beat me to it, 44. :)

Almost forgot TAMU's Cody Wallace (Cuero). I know he was an All-Big XII performer last year and is on the Rimington and Lombardi Watch Lists. Also a CBS Sportsline All-American and near-unanimous (at least as far as I've seen) Preseason All-Big XII player at C.

crzyjournalist03
08-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Caleb Hanie (Forney) is on the Davey O'Brien watch list

44INAROW
08-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
EDIT: Beat me to it, 44. :)

Almost forgot TAMU's Cody Wallace (Cuero). I know he was an All-Big XII performer last year and is on the Rimington and Lombardi Watch Lists. Also a CBS Sportsline All-American and near-unanimous (at least as far as I've seen) Preseason All-Big XII player at C.

yep - and you probably spelled Rimington correctly and I didn't :D

mistanice
08-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Jermichael Finley(Diboll) - Mackey award watch list for best TE in the country. 1 of only 5 soph. on the list

KL3
08-29-2007, 02:10 PM
WR Emmanuel Sanders formerly of Bellville, now at SMU, won awards for an outstanding freshman season last year. I know he's on Dave Campbell's 1st team All Texas College team and I'm sure he's got preseason WAC awards also.

Keith7
08-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Darcel McBath, Gainesville - starting safety for Texas Tech, Impact player on NCAA 08

westcoast54
08-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Darcel was 2nd Team All-Big XII last season. Things look real bright for him. Also look for another Gainesville standout, Clint Stoffels to get some PT with the Red Raiders this season. He will be a stud in the Big XII before it's all said and done.