PDA

View Full Version : How will the Silsbee Tigers do this year?

charlie
08-29-2007, 10:35 AM
What does everyone think? very tough district!!

setxsports
08-29-2007, 10:57 AM
http://www.**********.com/forum/index.php?topic=23331.0

charlie
08-29-2007, 02:05 PM
I think there will be some upsets in this district !!

setxsports
08-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Will be an interesting District. One real good team will be left out.

JasperDog94
08-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by **********
Will be an interesting District. One real good team will be left out. I look for that team to be Kirbyville.

charlie
08-29-2007, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JasperDog94
I look for that team to be Kirbyville. [/QUOTE
who do you think will win this district?

JasperDog94
08-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Probably WOS. They are tough year in/year out. Whoever picked Kirbyville to win that district in Dave Campbells knows nothing of the history between the two schools. Kirbyville has NEVER beaten WOS.

JasperDog94
08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
To answer the original question, I think Jasper and Silsbee will battle it out for 2nd and 3rd.

AggiesAreWe
08-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Silsbee is very young this year. They have 4 offensive and 5 defensive starters returning. The starting qb and one of the rb's are sophmores, the other rb a junior. The offensive line is experinced with 4 seniors and a junior and the tightend is a junior. The wideouts are both seniors. The defense has 4 senior starters, the rest juniors and sophmores.

The sophmore qb has the potential to be a great one by the time he is a senior. He has great speed, size( already '6"2 180 ) and a very good arm. In the 2 scrimmages, he has shown great poise and he doesn't seem to nervous out there. He kind of reminds me of a Gilbert Moye, but with a better, more accurate arm. I'm really looking forward to watching him the next 3 years.

The Tigers are young, so to me that means they will be good some and then bad some. Otherwords, they'll be inconsistant at the start but should start to get more cohesive as the season goes on. I think Silsbee makes the playoffs.

tigerdad
08-29-2007, 10:36 PM
I agree with you they will either be on or off!! but i seen the scrimmages too and that quarterback is pretty dang good especially being a young q-back, i think he skipped over freshman football and was the starting q-back for j.v. as a freshman. i think the tiger will make the playoffs and SURPRISE a few along the way !!!