PDA

View Full Version : MY PICS

eye of the tiger
07-23-2001, 12:57 PM
Here is my preseason picks for 2001. This exercise was much tougher than I thought it would be.

1. Everman
2. La Grange
3. Commerce
4. Forney
5. Midland Greenwood
6. Abilene Wylie
7. Rice Consolidated
8. Aledo
9. Newton
10. Cameron Yoe
11. China Spring
12. Sinton
13. Barbers Hill
14. Wimberly
15. Gainsville
16. Sweetwater
17. Lindale
18. Vernon
19. Cuero
20. Lake Worth

Others I think have a great shot of moving into the top 20:
in alphabetal order
alvarado
atlanta
bandera
bridge city
crandall
crane
crockett
dangerfield
diboll
lamesa
madisonville
mexia
raymondville
I'm sure I overlooked someone, but as I said earlier, this was a very hard exercise.
Good luck to all the teams this year
charley sexton

bigdawg
07-23-2001, 02:59 PM
You sure do have Wylie at a low spot. Do u not think they will be as good next year. If not, then you're seriously under-estimating this team.

bearcat1
07-23-2001, 05:43 PM
Looks good to me!
bc

eye of the tiger
07-23-2001, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by BIGDAWG:
You sure do have Wylie at a low spot. Do u not think they will be as good next year. If not, then you're seriously under-estimating this team.
You may be right bigdawg. this was the hardest task ive undertaken in a while. there are alot of good teams this year. i wavered back and forth on Greenwood and Wylie. I live in east texas and really dont have a lot of knowledge about the west texas teams. i truly wish Wylie and all the teams the best of luck.

eye of the tiger
07-23-2001, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by bearcat1:
Looks good to me!
bc

thanks bearcat. i have much admiration for you guys. trying to make knowledgeable picks is a task worth a masters degree. and you guys do it so well. thanks much

mustang02
07-23-2001, 06:38 PM
Well one thing is for sure GREENWOOD should not be in front of WYLIE.And finally someone has SWEETWATER in the top 20 like we should be

eye of the tiger
07-24-2001, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by mustang02:
Well one thing is for sure GREENWOOD should not be in front of WYLIE.And finally someone has SWEETWATER in the top 20 like we should be
hey mustang i put Greenwood ahead of Wylie because of 16 returning starters and 25 lettermen returning only 10 lettermen lost from a 10-4 quarterfinalist team. that just seems like a winning combo to me. dont get me wrong i think Wylie will be tough also. I think Sweetwater is going to surprise a lot of folks. good luck this year