PDA

View Full Version : My Kennedale-Everman Thoughts

Matthew328
09-30-2003, 07:09 AM
Don't think I've been dodging the Kennedale fans..LOL I was outta town this weekeend...and then yesterday I was sick as you know what...LOL

Kennedale is simply a better team....Everman is sorely lacking playmakers on both sides of the ball...the Everman D played very well but just got wore down late..they were on the field WAY too long...the 2 15 yard facemask penalties that kept Kennedale TD drives going were absolute killers...there is no excuse for those kind of penalties...another key 15 yard penalty against Everman was the unsportsmanlike conduct call at the end of the 1st half...the score was still 8-8 and Everman may have been in position to at least try a FG...missed tackles were crucial as well...a lot of that has to do with Kennedale but at least 5 or 6 times Everman had Harper and Barrett stopped for losses and they'd break tackles and make plays...like I said Kennedale was simply better, congrats to the Wildcats!!!

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: Matthew328 ]</small>

CatsDen
09-30-2003, 07:13 AM
The missed tackles really showed in the second half. If you watch the tape of Rex's big run, you see 8 broken tackles (and Rex running with one shoe!). I thought Everman wore down late in the third quarter and Kennedale took advantage. Kennedale played mistake-free for the most part and gobbled up the clock.

Kennedale Wildcats
09-30-2003, 07:59 AM
Everman has a great football team. They got beat again this year because of one thing...Discipline... The penalties last year hurt them and the penalties this year hurt them. It is all about discipline. You have to be able to play hard but under control. They had a player throw his helmet at the end of the game. In my opinion this kind of behavior is exactly what got them beat. Everman's coach must be pretty good to be able to win back to back state championships, but he is going to have to regain some control over his players. This is still his football team.

Good luck Everman with the rest of the season. Now that the Kennedale game is over, we will be cheering for you.