PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame Vs Georgia Tech

WTF-82
08-28-2007, 10:44 PM
The College football year is hear cant hardley wait ND starts off with Georgia Tech I got the Irish in a good game but you will see some of ND speed receivers get to touch the field with stovall,Rhema, and Shark starting last coule years these kids could not get much playing time but its there time know speed
receivers they will add something ND has not had last couple years last year receivers had good speed but these kids can fly this year. Also ND running backs faster tougher faster they are about 4-5 deep at running back this year I am one that was glad to see Darius Walker go he did a good job read the holes well but speed was ? and power was ? And trust me ND has 3 QB that can play. Go Irish

Notre Dame 24
Georgia Tech 14

NDFootball
08-28-2007, 10:53 PM
It's gonna be interesting to see if the new defense will cause more harm than good for the first couple of games. I hope for the Irish's sake that they are ready to go the new defense looked impressive in the spring game but that's hard to judge from. As far as offense goes they are really young the O-line is gonna be the big ? in the post-Quinn era. Expect to see sophomore James Aldridge and freshman Armando Allen get lots and lots of carries til they know their passing game can be effective. If the offense is rolling then I'm gonna pick the Irish by 7 if not then expect some growing pains at the start of the season.

ND 21

GT 14

p.s. *** who do you think will start at QB?

TexanAlum_06
08-28-2007, 11:01 PM
I hope ND gets smoked to be honest with you. if it doesnt happen this game it will happen a few times this year. sorry.... but I just have a strong disliking for ND... Always have... Always Will......

KTJ
08-28-2007, 11:29 PM
A lot of ND homer-ism in those first two posts, it seems like.

Georgia Tech scored on average 24.2 points per game last year and the Notre Dame defense gave up 22.4 points per game yet the first two posters think GT only scores 2 touchdowns? Seriously?

ND's qb's are all new, aren't they? No one is doubting their capabilities. But Georgia Tech isn't some pushover that ND can coast by.

Georgia Tech - 31
ND - 20

WTF-82
08-28-2007, 11:33 PM
SMILE BROTHER ITS COLLEGE FOOTBALL AND NOTRE DAME IS
COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Fal44
08-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Isn't clausen going to start?

WTF-82
08-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
It's gonna be interesting to see if the new defense will cause more harm than good for the first couple of games. I hope for the Irish's sake that they are ready to go the new defense looked impressive in the spring game but that's hard to judge from. As far as offense goes they are really young the O-line is gonna be the big ? in the post-Quinn era. Expect to see sophomore James Aldridge and freshman Armando Allen get lots and lots of carries til they know their passing game can be effective. If the offense is rolling then I'm gonna pick the Irish by 7 if not then expect some growing pains at the start of the season.

ND 21

GT 14

p.s. *** who do you think will start at QB?

IT LOOKS LIKE EVAN SHARPLEY

NDFootball
08-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Georgia Tech scored on average 24.2 points per game last year and the Notre Dame defense gave up 22.4 points per game yet the first two posters think GT only scores 2 touchdowns? Seriously?

ND's qb's are all new, aren't they? No one is doubting their capabilities. But Georgia Tech isn't some pushover that ND can coast by.

Georgia Tech - 31
ND - 20

I could say the same that the third and fourth posters are just anti-ND...:rolleyes: but whatever I don't feel like arguing today. Calvin Johnson is gone and there have been fights at the GT practices prior to this week. Dysfunctional teams are not good ones. So homer or not? Yes I say GT scores 14

WTF-82
08-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
Isn't clausen going to start?

NO

KTJ
08-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I could say the same that the last two posters are just anti-ND...:rolleyes: but whatever I don't feel like arguing today. Calvin Johnson is gone and there have been fights at the GT practices prior to this week. Dysfunctional teams are not good ones. So homer or not? Yes I say GT scores 14

Picking against ND isn't being "anti-ND". :rolleyes: Wow.

Hell, I hope they destroy USC and I'll root for them. Is that better?

NDFootball
08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
I think they'll switch two qb's every other series like they did with Mock/Young in Texas. I'd like to see Clausen start but more than likely it will go to Evan Sharpley. Rumor is though that Dayne Crist coming in next year might be better than all of them.

WTF-82
08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Georgia Tech - 31
ND - 20

YEAH TO BAD ND DOES NOT GET TO START WITH WEAK BIG 12 SCHOOLS OR SOME DIV 1-AA SCHOOL.

DUDE YOU DONT ACTUALLY THINK TECH WILL SCORE 31 ON ND THEY ARE NOT USC OR LSU.

NDFootball
08-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Picking against ND isn't being "anti-ND". :rolleyes: Wow.

Hell, I hope they destroy USC and I'll root for them. Is that better?

Sorry gotta keep the defenses up everyone else on this board seems to be. If the game was in Atlanta I could see your point but I think the Irish will win just b/c they're in South Bend

WTF-82
08-28-2007, 11:47 PM
I AGREE HERE ND FOOTBALL
THEY PLAY GREAT AT HOME DEFENSE WILL PLAY WITH A LOT OF EMOTION WEISS WILL HAVE BIG PLAYS FOR THE AGGRESSIVE TECH DEFENSIVE STLYE NOW ND LINE IS YOU IN AREAS BUT THEY
ARE A TALENTED OFFENSIVE YOUNG LINE. PLAYERS LIKE ZIBBY,AND JOHN CARLSON ARE HEALTHY UNLIKE LATE LASTSEASON.

AND GEORGIA TECH WILL NOT WIN IN SOUTH BEND.
MY OPINION I LOVE IT FOOTBALL IS HERE.

SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT JUST LOVE COLLEGE BALL

GO IRISH

Bull Butter
08-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Since this is not a BCS Bowl game, ND may have a shot

Play this same game on a neutral site in January and GT wins by 20

WTF-82
08-29-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

Play this same game on a neutral site in January and GT wins by 20

I like that

g$$
08-29-2007, 01:50 AM
ND wins at home in this one, but a bunch of losses to come. Brutal schedule & lots of uncertainty. 1st 8 games are tough then schedule softens. Keep recruiting well & future looks bright.

ND 27
GT 17

Old Tiger
08-29-2007, 02:00 AM
21-17 ND

6 points come off a punt return by Zbikowski.

NDFootball
08-29-2007, 09:10 AM

Play this same game on a neutral site in January and GT wins by 20 ouch

insert witty response here

WTF-82
08-31-2007, 12:20 AM
All, looks like Weiss is going with Demetrius Jones to start vs Georgia Tech. Big move not official announcment just from sources. This kid is big strong fast throws well.

g$$
08-31-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
All, looks like Weiss is going with Demetrius Jones to start vs Georgia Tech. Big move not official announcment just from sources. This kid is big strong fast throws well.

Weis thinks he is Parcells (his mentor) w/ all the hush-hush stuff. GT has a qb & rb that can play. Plus their DC is well-respected (Texas wanted him at one time). Should be a good one - ND has a brutal schedule & lots of uncertainty this year.

Old Tiger
08-31-2007, 01:51 AM
I think GT beats ND

ya i changed my mind...so what?

g$$
08-31-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I think GT beats ND

ya i changed my mind...so what?

Don't blame you!

KTJ
09-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ***-82

DUDE YOU DONT ACTUALLY THINK TECH WILL SCORE 31 ON ND THEY ARE NOT USC OR LSU.

Yes, yes I do.

:)

3afan
09-01-2007, 05:39 PM
26-3 GT with 13 min to go

KTJ
09-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Georgia Tech - 31
ND - 20

Bull Butter
09-01-2007, 05:58 PM
GT now up 33-3:)

3afan
09-01-2007, 05:59 PM
GT now up 33-3:)

:clap:

NDFootball
09-01-2007, 06:12 PM
I think a high school jv could've made as many sacks as GT today as bad as that offensive line played....not too much to say

:(

so how bout those cowboys