PDA

View Full Version : Team USA Rolling Again

Matthew328
08-28-2007, 10:41 PM
up by 31 now...this team is legit...even in blowouts they are fun to watch because for the most part they play unselfish and pass the ball and they play great defense...

Bull19
08-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
up by 31 now...this team is legit...even in blowouts they are fun to watch because for the most part they play unselfish and pass the ball and they play great defense...

it wont last much longer.......there heads will get in the way of the ball before too much longer

Fal44
08-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
it wont last much longer.......there heads will get in the way of the ball before too much longer

lets hope not, I mean we are supposed to be the best..

Bull19
08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
usa up 105-72 3:20 left in the 4rth

g$$
08-29-2007, 01:43 AM
Until they play a legit team & prove they can shoot the ball against zone defenses, then I will reserve judgement. I hope they get back to playing team basketball & show the world again we are the best. Lots of proving to do though after recent past.

Today's players are much more athletic, but also much less fundamentally sound. Too much dribble-drive & street ball for me. Let's see good basketball again.

Bull19
08-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Let's see good basketball again.

you will never see that again out of america

eagles_victory
08-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Until they play a legit team & prove they can shoot the ball against zone defenses, then I will reserve judgement. I hope they get back to playing team basketball & show the world again we are the best. Lots of proving to do though after recent past.

Today's players are much more athletic, but also much less fundamentally sound. Too much dribble-drive & street ball for me. Let's see good basketball again. they have been shooting lights out against zone defenses all tournament

3afan
08-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Bull19

why so cynical?

18handicap
08-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Looks like a non-football post to me! LOL

Phil C
08-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Don't forget they still have to play Argentina who is great. Plus Manu plays for Argentina. That increases the risk.

JT44
08-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Don't forget they still have to play Argentina who is great. Plus Manu plays for Argentina. That increases the risk.

Argentina is still undefeated in the tournament without the one and only Manu, and also without Fabricio Oberto, Andres Nocioni, Walter Hermann (Charlotte Bobcats), and their point guard from the 06 olympics, I forget his name but I remember he played college ball at Temple.

They play team ball, hopefully the US can knock them off, they didn't have the same personality without the guys mentioned above.

g$$
08-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
they have been shooting lights out against zone defenses all tournament

Haven't played anybody. We are having to play in this qualifier tourney due to our poor performances in the past (used to be a given, best teams in world not there). That says it all for a country where basketball was invented - by Dr. James Naismith. We have not won gold in many years. This team is better but nowhere close to the Dream Team.

Like I said, reserving judgement & hoping for the best. If you think they can shoot the ball, check FG % in the NBA/NCAA & compare to 15-20 years ago. Not even close. Athletic yes, fundamentally sound no (on average).