PDA

View Full Version : UT Depth Chart

CenTexSports
08-28-2007, 02:38 PM
This is not what was expected. No Shipley, no Pittman, and Sweed listed as a possible backup. Jones and Cosby have an opportunity to shine.

Old Tiger
08-28-2007, 02:39 PM
It's because they are injured, lol.

The two things I don't care fore are the starting cornerbacks and Scott Derry starting in front of Roddrick Muckelroy.

g$$
08-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
This is not what was expected. No Shipley, no Pittman, and Sweed listed as a possible backup. Jones and Cosby have an opportunity to shine.

You better hope they are healthy by TCU on Sept. 8th. Texas is awfully good but TCU is no slouch either. Those are 3 of your top WRs including an All American candidate (Sweed). If you overlook TCU they will bite you in Austin.

mistanice
08-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Just means more touches for Finley.

g$$
08-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Just means more touches for Finley.

Hybrid TE, not game-breaking WR. Big difference there.

Pmoney
08-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Hybrid TE, not game-breaking WR. Big difference there.
TE can be a game breaking player too...but anyways Sweed is listed i think probable for Ark. St game and Shipley is out with a sore hamstring and Pittman a shoulder injury...im pretty sure Sweed and Shipley and possibly Pittman will be ready by the TCU game

olddawggreen
08-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

I read that Shipley pulled a hamstring this summer, then I was told that when Pittman was injured, Shipley's opportunity soon faded when he pulled the hamstring on his other leg.

g$$
08-29-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
TE can be a game breaking player too...but anyways Sweed is listed i think probable for Ark. St game and Shipley is out with a sore hamstring and Pittman a shoulder injury...im pretty sure Sweed and Shipley and possibly Pittman will be ready by the TCU game

Never said a TE could not be (Winslow father & son, Mackey, Ditka, Gates, Gonzalez, Shockey, etc.), but to say Finley right now is Sweed's caliber is erroneous & presumptious. He may turn out to be that good, but has not shown it yet. Great athlete no doubt, now show it in games.

As of now:
Sweed = probable
Pittman = out indefinitely w/ shoulder sprain, doubtful for TCU
Shipley = doubtful w/ hamstring most recent injury after knee, etc.

Sweed is your best hope as of now, with some true freshman getting time (Collins, Kirkendoll, Williams). We'll see...

injuredinmelee
08-29-2007, 01:34 AM
it pains me to see Shipley spend so much of his college career injured. He was so much fun to watch in high school I really wanted to see how he would fare against top collegiate talent.

g$$
08-29-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
it pains me to see Shipley spend so much of his college career injured. He was so much fun to watch in high school I really wanted to see how he would fare against top collegiate talent.

Agreed, lots of bad luck.

burnet44
08-29-2007, 06:42 AM
Texas is not a top 10 team at this time

wedo
08-29-2007, 07:40 AM
I heard on college football live that Sweed will play.
I wouldnt worry about pittman and shipley not playing against Ark.St. I wouldn't play them either with the slighest injury, so they can be ready for the TCU game.

wedo
08-29-2007, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Texas is not a top 10 team at this time

Even with two WR they still have great depth. Plus they still have Jammal Charles, Colt McCoy

Aesculus gilmus
08-29-2007, 07:52 AM
You'd be amazed at what Curtis Brown could do at WR if Mack would only play him there.

Not blaming Mack, as Curtis himself wanted to be a DB at Texas.

They ought to at least let him run back kicks, though.

JasperDog94
08-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Texas is very, very deep at WR. (It's a good thing too.)

I heard the sportswriter for the Austin American Statesman on the radio this morning. Don't count on Pittman for the first 3 weeks of the season.:(

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I heard the sportswriter for the Austin American Statesman on the radio this morning.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: This would be one of those times I should just be quiet.

JasperDog94
08-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: This would be one of those times I should just be quiet. Huh?:confused: :confused:

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Huh?:confused: :confused:
Don't mind me. I've been steam cleaning the living room carpet. :hairpunk:

JasperDog94
08-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Don't mind me. I've been steam cleaning the living room carpet. :hairpunk: Well now that you are in the Region and while you're at it....:D

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Well now that you are in the Region and while you're at it....:D
Are you saying you want to borrow my steam cleaner? :p

(Sorry for the hijack. :eek: )