PDA

View Full Version : Bellville QB

Old QB
08-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Anyone know who the backup qb to Conley is?

KL3
08-28-2007, 12:05 PM
I believe its jr Joe Tallerine followed by soph Julian Kennedy.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Austin Trahan was untill he Quit. These players that are quiting their Sr year will regret not playing.

buff4ever
08-28-2007, 03:19 PM
this story line is a shame for bellville, but I am still wondering if the team isn't better w/o players or individuals like this.

What is the reason for the dropping out of good athletes. Bellville has good young talent, and probably young talent that doesn't mind getting after it everyday and especially on fri. nights. Bellville will be a force to be dealt with.

Old QB
08-28-2007, 04:03 PM
I too can't understand not playing your senior year. My best memories of high school is playing football plus other sports.. But I guess it doesn't mean that much to many of "todays" players.
Back in my day you played even if you were not good - and you had respect from the whole team.

Brahma84
08-28-2007, 05:15 PM
This Senior class overall has really dropped out of lots of sports. They have two seniors on volleyball and one returning letterman for baseball. So it's not just football.

wookinpanub
08-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
this story line is a shame for bellville, but I am still wondering if the team isn't better w/o players or individuals like this.

What is the reason for the dropping out of good athletes. Bellville has good young talent, and probably young talent that doesn't mind getting after it everyday and especially on fri. nights. Bellville will be a force to be dealt with.

Maybe they realized that academics were more important and that if they couldn't play pro or college anyway that they needed to think about what they'd study to earn a living.

Football is fun, but live goes on beyond high school.

Bull19
08-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
Maybe they realized that academics were more important and that if they couldn't play pro or college anyway that they needed to think about what they'd study to earn a living.

true, very true

scotty
08-28-2007, 07:23 PM
I wonder if we don't start the kids too early. They begin playing all sports at a very early age and there is so much pressure on winning that by the time they get to high school so many kids have already played in all-star, world series and bowl games to where it's no longer a big deal. I've seen books published with articles and full color action pictures of those 10 - 12 year olds done up in great quality. They're burned out because they've already been there and done it. That's my opinion...what do you think?

Bull19
08-28-2007, 07:28 PM
politics

zebrablue2
08-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by scotty
I wonder if we don't start the kids too early. They begin playing all sports at a very early age and there is so much pressure on winning that by the time they get to high school so many kids have already played in all-star, world series and bowl games to where it's no longer a big deal. I've seen books published with articles and full color action pictures of those 10 - 12 year olds done up in great quality. They're burned out because they've already been there and done it. That's my opinion...what do you think?

when I coached LL baseball I never stressed winning, only learning 1 more thing about the game than they knew when we started the season. winning goes along with learning, so we won lots of games, and had FUN. all this ASA crap is for the birds. many kids are burned out by their soph. years. I say play all sports, or at least 1 in the fall and 1 in the spring. variety is the spice of life. play baseball or softball or vollyball 3 to 4 months a year, not all year and weekends. that will BURN a kid out faster than anything. thats my take on it.

whtfbplaya
08-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by wookinpanub

Might be the case, but I do not agree. If playing sports in highschool causes you to do bad in school, then they are probably going to have trouble being successful at anything.

Does anyone know how the running back that broke his leg in the scrimmage against Santa Fe is doing?

Bull19
08-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
Might be the case, but I do not agree. If playing sports in highschool causes you to do bad in school, then they are probably going to have trouble being successful at anything.

Does anyone know how the running back that broke his leg in the scrimmage against Santa Fe is doing?

was the back from bellville or sante fe???? if bellville who was it?

whtfbplaya
08-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
was the back from bellville or sante fe???? if bellville who was it?

It was a back from Bellville. I think he was on JV.

scotty
08-29-2007, 07:15 PM
In a more serious note, I spoke with the Red Mustache man. He is a big high school football fan and especially Bellville and I hadn't heard from him in a while and today he called. He's in the MDAnderson Hospital in Houston. He's had health problems in the past said they were going to do something with his throat. It's supposed to enable him to talk better. We need to remember him in our prayers.

Bull19
08-29-2007, 07:20 PM
In a more serious note, I spoke with the Red Mustache man. He is a big high school football fan and especially Bellville and I hadn't heard from him in a while and today he called. He's in the MDAnderson Hospital in Houston. He's had health problems in the past said they were going to do something with his throat. It's supposed to enable him to talk better. We need to remember him in our prayers.

why did he quit coming to bellville football games?

zebrablue2
08-29-2007, 07:31 PM

my dad went to school with him. he has 3 sons, all very talented in music. his oldest son traveled with george jones and tammy when he was 10 to 12 yrs. old, and his other son did the drums for tracy lawarence for a few years. last I heard dewayne, his oldest was doing gospel music up north. I will say prayers for him, he does love those brahmas. he had said a few years back, if he knew he was going to live this long, he would have taken better care of himself. I wish him all the best. he is around 70.

Bull's-eye
08-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
why did he quit coming to bellville football games?

He moved to Longview to be closer to his sons. He now follows Tatum.

Bull's-eye
08-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
my dad went to school with him. he has 3 sons, all very talented in music. his oldest son traveled with george jones and tammy when he was 10 to 12 yrs. old, and his other son did the drums for tracy lawarence for a few years. last I heard dewayne, his oldest was doing gospel music up north.

DeWayne has a church up in Longview, he also travels to various places singing and spreading the gospel. He played many years with George Jones before he decided to start preaching. Another son was on the tv show Hee-Haw and later played bass guitar for several well known singers. I have never met Toby, but I know he plays the drums.

A few years ago, the Red Mustache and I went to Snook to see George Jones and his band. We got the royal treatment and ended up watching the concert sitting on stage just a few feet from George. We even got FormerBellvilleBrahma an all-access pass where he got to meet Nancy Jones (George's wife).

lion75
08-29-2007, 09:28 PM
There are cases where academics are pushed to the forefront. My daughter lettered as a freshman in one sport and was headed for varsity in a second sport when she decided to focus on academics. She was awarded an academic scholarship to TCU that is worth a lot of $$. She missed some good times in sports, but is having a blast in her second week at TCU.

sweetwater07
08-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by lion75
There are cases where academics are pushed to the forefront. My daughter lettered as a freshman in one sport and was headed for varsity in a second sport when she decided to focus on academics. She was awarded an academic scholarship to TCU that is worth a lot of $$. She missed some good times in sports, but is having a blast in her second week at TCU.

i have a good friend that goes to TCU and she loves it...the campus is very nice

Bull19
08-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by lion75

perfect example of sports isnt everything

Dogman_1969
08-30-2007, 12:12 PM
I wondered why Coach Valentine left Bellville after all those years. Was this happening when he left???

Ranger Mom
08-30-2007, 12:28 PM

I know that one of my boys started playing football in 3rd grade.....when he was 7. He played through his freshman year...he was 14.

When he decided he just wasn't really THAT fond of football, he told me he really didn't want to play the next season. Of course, I tried to talk him out of it, but I wasn't going to force him to play.

One thing he told me that struck me as funny was, "Mom, I have been playing football for half my life"!!:D