PDA

View Full Version : Washer/Dryer help

big daddy russ
08-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Just bought a new dryer. I'm trying to hook up the vent hose, but I got a cheap hose from Ace and all they gave me to tie it off is a little plastic thing kinda like a twisty tie, but nowhere near as good. They have a plastic stopper, but it doesn't stop anything.

Just wanted to know:
A.) if it would hurt the dryer in any way, shape, or form if I didn't hook it up for the first load of clothes (besides having to sweep up the utility room tomorrow)... and...

B.) if anyone knows where I can get those old-school rubber rings (I'm not exactly sure what you call them) to tie off the hose.

rockdale80
08-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Just bought a new dryer. I'm trying to hook up the vent hose, but I got a cheap hose from Ace and all they gave me to tie it off is a little plastic thing kinda like a twisty tie, but nowhere near as good. They have a plastic stopper, but it doesn't stop anything.

Just wanted to know:
A.) if it would hurt the dryer in any way, shape, or form if I didn't hook it up for the first load of clothes (besides having to sweep up the utility room tomorrow)... and...

B.) if anyone knows where I can get those old-school rubber rings (I'm not exactly sure what you call them) to tie off the hose.

Wont at all. It is just a vent duct to prevent the cleaning of the floor and to keep lint from building up and becoming a fire hazard. And the little twisty tie thing is fine. Wont hurt a thing to use it. You can use a zip tie as well. It doesnt create enough pressure to really blow loose.