PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City first, Giddings Second- 3A &U Cross country Championships

Old Cardinal
09-24-2002, 10:41 AM
Yes, I know this is a football message board however, for you new ones, we compliment others in sports all through the year..... Out of 192 contestants, by invitation from 3A & U. Bridge City racked up 198 points while Giddings finished second with 147 points. A FRESHMAN, Aaron Brannen, of Bridge City came in second in this elite field of 3.1 mile course- runners. Not everyone is big enough to be a football star and I think it is great that Coach Rick Miller's Cardinals placed 7 runners in the top fifty of this Division A,AA & AAA top seed of Cross-Country runners. Congradulations to Giddings on their progressive growing program and their runner-up status against a fine field of dedicated runners....Do you know of some kids in other sports that also need recognized?

IveyOldschool02
09-24-2002, 01:49 PM
I thank the G-Town band should be recognized. They do an outstanding job everynight playing for the buffs and they do so well on those Saturday compeitions. Even when they have those compeitions on the football field whens raining, and they totally mess up the field before the biggest district game of the year. Remember that buff fans? The year was 1998.