PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs Arkansas State

Emerson1
08-27-2007, 05:52 PM
FREE Live video feed of the game

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=47&url_article_id=2300&change_well_id=2

mistanice
08-27-2007, 06:02 PM
sweet! Weird thing is I was just on the pay per view site looking for pricing on the game. I'll probably still pay the fee to see on tv.

luvhoops34
08-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Gee thanks for the link, Emerson. I'll make sure and let KTA know about it for you...:D

JasperDog94
08-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
FREE Live video feed of the game

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=47&url_article_id=2300&change_well_id=2 Thanks for the link!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
08-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
sweet! Weird thing is I was just on the pay per view site looking for pricing on the game. I'll probably still pay the fee to see on tv. $29.95

Phil C
08-29-2007, 03:24 PM
This is going to be a tougher game for UT than most people think. Arkansas State is a powerhouse. Remember they beat Troy State last year and Troy has won several NAIA NCs. And remember Arkansas State will want to prove that they play great football besides Arkansas. Also we have to remember that in the small college level that Arkansas State won the National Championship in 1970 and made the final game in 1986. Plus they have had several undefeated, untied teams. That increases the risk. Man this makes you almost want to try to swim alone across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii. :(

crzyjournalist03
08-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Texas has an easier game than Oklahoma...and UNT isn't going to do much this year.

Horns roll

Texas 36
Arkansas State 3

Emerson1
08-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Texas has an easier game than Oklahoma...and UNT isn't going to do much this year.

Horns roll

Texas 36
Arkansas State 3
I'm very worried if they only score 36

crzyjournalist03
08-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'm very worried if they only score 36

With the WR injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a tad lower...I figure it will be about 27-0 at the half and Texas will start clock management in the third quarter...then again, if Mac's trying to build confidence, it could turn into 63-3 easily.

kof96
08-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Texas wins this week then gets beat by TCU.

crzyjournalist03
08-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by kof96
Texas wins this week then gets beat by TCU.

wouldn't shock me

JasperDog94
08-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by kof96
Texas wins this week then gets beat by TCU. May I quote you on that?;)

buff4life
08-29-2007, 04:35 PM
you could quote him on almost every post and laugh at it...but this is SOMEWHAT...only somewhat...reasonable

injuredinmelee
08-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
This is going to be a tougher game for UT than most people think. Arkansas State is a powerhouse. Remember they beat Troy State last year and Troy has won several NAIA NCs. And remember Arkansas State will want to prove that they play great football besides Arkansas. Also we have to remember that in the small college level that Arkansas State won the National Championship in 1970 and made the final game in 1986. Plus they have had several undefeated, untied teams. That increases the risk. Man this makes you almost want to try to swim alone across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii. :(

you cant be serious.

Phil C
08-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
you cant be serious.

Yes inj. Arkansas State did win the small college NC in football in 1970 and they did make the championship game in 1986.

g$$
08-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
sweet! Weird thing is I was just on the pay per view site looking for pricing on the game. I'll probably still pay the fee to see on tv.

Save the $$ & watch the free replay later that night/morning on Fox Southwest. Or just DVR the replay.

TCU will give the Horns all they want Sept. 8th. Quote me on that please...

JasperDog94
08-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I have no doubt that TCU will be a tough game.

g$$
08-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I have no doubt that TCU will be a tough game.

Really tough, esp. if Texas is missing experienced WRs still for that game. TCU has questions on offense with a new QB, but that defense is stout & hungry to show it on a big stage.

Texas 17
TCU 13

...but a TCU win would not surprise me one bit.

injuredinmelee
08-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Yes inj. Arkansas State did win the small college NC in football in 1970 and they did make the championship game in 1986.

Phil... Im not sure if you knew it but.... ITS 2007. What a team did 37 and 21 yrs ago means jack crap now. What have they done in the last 5? They have sucked. They arent even close to being in a class with UT.

TexanAlum_06
08-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Really tough, esp. if Texas is missing experienced WRs still for that game. TCU has questions on offense with a new QB, but that defense is stout & hungry to show it on a big stage.

Texas 17
TCU 13

...but a TCU win would not surprise me one bit.

Yes this game worries me much indeed.... this is what TCU lives for right here!. and just now recently I have found out how good their defense is. and Tommy Blake and great Dline vs Young inexperienced O-line = Potential Problems. I think this game is going to be very close. especially if we still have our WR's out. I will be able to make a better judgement after saturday, speaking of, I think we roll 42-7 over ASU. maybe less, you can expect the Offense to be very timid and basic in what they do so they dont show too much for TCU.

Emerson1
08-29-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't think not having Billy Pitmann will affect the outcome of the TCU game. Only way the WRs are a factor is if Sweed hurts his wrist again and he is out.

pooch
08-29-2007, 10:12 PM
TCu beating Texas...yall sick? like I said before....UT's 2A players are better than TCu's 3A players

also, hope ark st. beats the spread....go Horns!

Phil C
08-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Remember Arkansas State is the first game for UT. First things first. Beat Arkansas State first then worry about TCU. Arkansas State is going to be very determined. Remember North Texas State almost beat UT about fifteen or so years ago till UT scored in the last minute to win.
So first things first.

kof96
08-30-2007, 09:56 AM
will this game be on TV in Dallas?

crzyjournalist03
08-30-2007, 10:04 AM
PPV I believe...

kof96
08-30-2007, 10:10 AM
:confused: :confused:

crzyjournalist03
08-30-2007, 10:29 AM
it's supposed to be on Pay-per-view according to what people posted earlier in the thread.

Emerson1
08-30-2007, 01:48 PM
FSN PPV if you want to watch it live. I'm sure FSN will have replays later in the week for free, or you can watch the webcast

JDOG
08-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Save the $$ & watch the free replay later that night/morning on Fox Southwest. Or just DVR the replay.

TCU will give the Horns all they want Sept. 8th. Quote me on that please... I will pay the bucks to watch it. I sold my tickets for the game and $29.95 is way cheaper than a ticket!
TCU will give the horns all they want , but not as much as TCU wants as they will lose their first Big12 game!

Emerson1
08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
I will pay the bucks to watch it. I sold my tickets for the game and $29.95 is way cheaper than a ticket!
TCU will give the horns all they want , but not as much as TCU wants as they will lose their first Big12 game!
This is for the Arkansas state game, the TCU game is free on FSN

g$$
08-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by pooch
TCu beating Texas...yall sick? like I said before....UT's 2A players are better than TCu's 3A players

also, hope ark st. beats the spread....go Horns!

Stupid comment. Might want to check out what TCU has done recently. I guess LaDainian Tomlinson was an "inferior" player too. Or the Schobel boys (Aaron just got new huge contract too), etc. All are playing well in the NFL, including the league's best player in LT.

WAC/Mountain West Conference or not...TCU has been:

5 out of last 7 years ranked Top 25 final poll
last 2 years ranked Top 25 preseason poll

5 out of last 7 years won 10 games or more
last year ranked 2nd overall in total defense (all NCAA)
last year ranked 2nd against the run (all NCAA)

last 2 years, TCU is 3-0 vs. Big 12: beat Oklahoma in Norman, beat Baylor in Waco, beat Tech in Fort Worth.

Do more research & try to be objective. Those #s don't lie.

TCU will give Texas all they want Sept. 8th in Austin & just might pull the upset. Patterson will have them ready.

g$$
08-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Forget to mention TCU's Tommy Blake - All American candidate at DE. This guy can play & will also be a high NFL pick. He's a 3A kid from Aransas Pass so your statement still holds no water. TCU has athletes all over the field. Will be a good game, period.

crzyjournalist03
08-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Forget to mention TCU's Tommy Blake - All American candidate at DE. This guy can play & will also be a high NFL pick. He's a 3A kid from Aransas Pass so your statement still holds no water. TCU has athletes all over the field. Will be a good game, period.

and if recent draft history is any indication, the Cowboys will snatch him up if they have the chance.

g$$
08-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
and if recent draft history is any indication, the Cowboys will snatch him up if they have the chance.

Blake is a 4-3 end IMO down the road with a little weight gain. Dallas plays a 3-4 & they are loaded with speed rushers. I see Blake being a 4-3 guy with more weight (now in 260ish range).

Blake is not a 3 or 5 technique (inside in 3-4). He will be a good one for somebody though no doubt, but I think it will be a 4-3 team, unless he just blows them away at the Combine in the 40.

Old Tiger
08-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Chris Long, son of Howie Long, out of Virginia is the best DE in the country.

g$$
08-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Chris Long, son of Howie Long, out of Virginia is the best DE in the country.

He's good one & the last name does not hurt either.

Phil C
08-31-2007, 08:16 AM
The thing to remember is that Arkansas State was a young team last year. This year they are returning 7 starters on offense including their qb and 7 starters on defense. That increases the risk. It almost makes you want to jump in front of a stampede of mad and thirsty cattle. :(

crzyjournalist03
08-31-2007, 09:25 AM
It almost makes you want to jump in front of a stampede of mad and thirsty cattle. :(

Can't say I've ever had that urge Phil...

WTF-82
08-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Texas will lose to Tcu,Oklahoma,Nebraska,Texas A&M,

crzyjournalist03
08-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by ***-82

and I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're probably from the last school on that list...

JDOG
08-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Forget to mention TCU's Tommy Blake - All American candidate at DE. This guy can play & will also be a high NFL pick. He's a 3A kid from Aransas Pass so your statement still holds no water. TCU has athletes all over the field. Will be a good game, period. I have a friend who is very involved in the TCU program. He says Blake is having some anxiety issues. He left two a days and went home for 3 days. One of the coaches had to go get him. When he got back to campus he freaked out again and wouldn't come out for practice. So there is something going on there. I hope he gets the problems resolved as he is a great player.

g$$
08-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
I have a friend who is very involved in the TCU program. He says Blake is having some anxiety issues. He left two a days and went home for 3 days. One of the coaches had to go get him. When he got back to campus he freaked out again and wouldn't come out for practice. So there is something going on there. I hope he gets the problems resolved as he is a great player.

I think we have friends in common! TCU connection, go figure...Blake is a heck of a player & I hope he gets well for the team & his future.

His sister came & got him during 2-a-days, then he returned a few days later after Patterson flew to Aransas Pass & spoke with him. He is back practicing last I heard, but guess we'll wait & see the outcome.

JasperDog94
09-01-2007, 12:19 PM
The game won't be broadcast online live. It will be delayed, starting no earlier than 11:00 pm CST.:( :mad: :mad:

KTJ
09-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by ***-82

Texas has won 9+ games every season the last 9 years....the longest such streak in the entire nation. Yet you think they'll go 8-4.

If that makes you sleep better at night...

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 12:29 PM
This is going to be a tougher game for UT than most people think. Arkansas State is a powerhouse. Remember they beat Troy State last year and Troy has won several NAIA NCs. And remember Arkansas State will want to prove that they play great football besides Arkansas. Also we have to remember that in the small college level that Arkansas State won the National Championship in 1970 and made the final game in 1986. Plus they have had several undefeated, untied teams. That increases the risk. Man this makes you almost want to try to swim alone across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii. :( LOL...geezus Phil

IHStangFan
09-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Texas has won 9+ games every season the last 9 years....the longest such streak in the entire nation. Yet you think they'll go 8-4.

If that makes you sleep better at night... I think they'll realistically lose 2. TCU and the second loss could come from anywhere. I think the Big 12 is alot closer this year than it has been in a long time...especially in the South.

Emerson1
09-01-2007, 12:33 PM