PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans - Preseason Superbowl Champions!!!

JasperDog94
08-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Good grief. You would think that the Houston Texans had won the Superbowl by beating the Cowboys Saturday night. Everyone in my office has made it a point to stop by my office to see if I'm "still drinking that Cowboy koolaid".

So I, Jasperdog94, hearby proclaim the Houston Texans the "Preseason Superbowl Champions"!!!:)

By the way, if anyone could make an image of the Superbowl Trophy with "preseason" and "Houston Texans" in it, I would love to give it to some of my coworkers.

Thanks.:D

crzyjournalist03
08-27-2007, 09:55 AM
just tell them

"Congrats on winning the Governor's Cup. It's a shame that your team has already accomplished its goal for the year."

crzyjournalist03
08-27-2007, 09:57 AM
or save this one and give it to them after week one:

http://www.fuimright.com/images/upload/Okie_Reality.gif

crzyjournalist03
08-27-2007, 10:01 AM
or you could print out this image and just say "'nuff said."

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/4509/2277032040038798072S425x425Q85.jpg

pirate4state
08-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
just tell them

"Congrats on winning the Governor's Cup. It's a shame that your team has already accomplished its goal for the year."

HAHAHAHA

Maroon87
08-27-2007, 10:44 AM
just tell them

You'd be amazed at how close to the truth that statement is.

JasperDog94
08-27-2007, 11:35 AM
just tell them

"Congrats on winning the Governor's Cup. It's a shame that your team has already accomplished its goal for the year." Nice....I think I'll use that one later today.:clap: :clap: :clap:

texansfan
08-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I think the problem here is that Cowboys' media, fans and even national media were already crowning the Cowboys as the team to beat in the NFL, at least the NFC before this game. And lots and lots of people thought it would be a cakewalk for Dallas.

They looked good in their first two games, but didn't look so great against the Texans. I think the Texans' coming out fired up and playing a complete, three-phase game was what made me happier than beating the Cowboys in preseason.

You must also take into account that a lot of the starters played into late in the third or early fourth quarters. This was first string against first string for the most part.

You gotta admit, the Texans played a great game. I hope they get some credit for taking a step in the right direction.

3afan
08-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by texansfan
I think the problem here is that Cowboys' media, fans and even national media were already crowning the Cowboys as the team to beat in the NFL, at least the NFC before this game. And lots and lots of people thought it would be a cakewalk for Dallas.

that could not be farther from the truth ..... maybe some fanatic crazed fans but certainly not the DFW media

Maroon87
08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
that could not be farther from the truth ..... maybe some fanatic crazed fans but certainly not the DFW media

I know. The DFW media were the ones getting on Phillips for "Camp Cupcake."

crzyjournalist03
08-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I know. The DFW media were the ones getting on Phillips for "Camp Cupcake."

and pointing out the fact that it's been more than a decade since the boys last won a playoff game.

texansfan
08-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by texansfan

What I meant by "cowboys media" is Spagnola and the like. Sure, they're paid to praise the Boys, but IMO, they went a little overboard gloating about the first two games and how they were won.

Bull Butter
08-27-2007, 04:08 PM
just tell them

This coming from someone with a Texas Rangers logo in their sig.............funny:D

crzyjournalist03
08-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
This coming from someone with a Texas Rangers logo in their sig.............funny:D

who have a better record than the Astros. :p

Seriously though, I see your point, but at the same time, I'd never get excited about a spring training win.

Bull Butter
08-27-2007, 04:14 PM
At least the Astros have a new manager!

crzyjournalist03
08-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
At least the Astros have a new manager!

and if you think Garner is the reason the Astros are tied for last place in the biggest division in baseball, then you're misled.

I wouldn't pin the Rangers' issues on Ron Washington, and I sure as heck wouldn't blame a manager who had my team in the World Series two years ago.