PDA

View Full Version : Tigers One Fine Day

SideBurnWillie
08-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Do they have anybody else on the roster?

http://reporternews.com/news/2007/aug/26/one-fine-day/

TripleH
08-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
Do they have anybody else on the roster?

http://reporternews.com/news/2007/aug/26/one-fine-day/ Wow, what an article. I would sure hope that a team that is ranked as high as #3 in the state really has more than one player. It would appear to me that if this young man were to get hurt that you better have 4 people that you have prepared as back-ups or you are going to be in really serious trouble. So, I guess my question to a Snyder poster would be, do the Tigers have a back-up in place for these positions if this young man should go down with an injury?

Snyder_TigerFan
08-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by TripleH
Wow, what an article. I would sure hope that a team that is ranked as high as #3 in the state really has more than one player. It would appear to me that if this young man were to get hurt that you better have 4 people that you have prepared as back-ups or you are going to be in really serious trouble. So, I guess my question to a Snyder poster would be, do the Tigers have a back-up in place for these positions if this young man should go down with an injury?

You know football is a team sport and it requires good players around you to have a good team. I think Day is one of those kids that just has natural athletic ability, it doesn't matter what he plays. As far as backups, I know that the backup quarterback led the JV team to an undefeated season last year, I'm sure he could step up if need be and hardly miss a step.

TripleH
08-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
You know football is a team sport and it requires good players around you to have a good team. I think Day is one of those kids that just has natural athletic ability, it doesn't matter what he plays. As far as backups, I know that the backup quarterback led the JV team to an undefeated season last year, I'm sure he could step up if need be and hardly miss a step. Well alright, finally a Tiger fan who will post. Where were you earlier when I needed information. I pass through Snyder quite frequently in my line of work and I also heard the JV back-up QB broke his hand in the first Snyder scrimmage. So, if Day goes down Thursday night what do the Tigers do for a back-up QB?

Snyder_TigerFan
08-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Well alright, finally a Tiger fan who will post. Where were you earlier when I needed information. I pass through Snyder quite frequently in my line of work and I also heard the JV back-up QB broke his hand in the first Snyder scrimmage. So, if Day goes down Thursday night what do the Tigers do for a back-up QB?

That is true. I'm sure that the coaches have thought about that situation and have something in mind if that were to happen. Pretty sure they had Claxton playing some QB last year.

TripleH
08-27-2007, 09:24 AM
That is true. I'm sure that the coaches have thought about that situation and have something in mind if that were to happen. Pretty sure they had Claxton playing some QB last year. I would hope they do as well, but as I do try and keep up with the Big Country area, I have to ask. Is the other young man you speak of an option?

Snyder_TigerFan
08-27-2007, 09:28 AM
I would hope they do as well, but as I do try and keep up with the Big Country area, I have to ask. Is the other young man you speak of an option?

Well, if I remember correctly, when he did come in he did a pretty good job. So yes, I think he would be a good option.

TripleH
08-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Well, if I remember correctly, when he did come in he did a pretty good job. So yes, I think he would be a good option. I understand, he ran the option very well when he played in the game I attended, but is he available to play at this time?

Snyder_TigerFan
08-27-2007, 09:34 AM
I understand, he ran the option very well when he played in the game I attended, but is he available to play at this time?

Heck if I know. I'm Snyder_TigerFan not Snyder_TigerCoach.;) I don't know why he wouldn't be.

Butkus
08-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Sounds alot like this thread doesn't it?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69033

TripleH
08-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Sounds alot like this thread doesn't it?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69033 I really don't think so. It would appear that SideBurnWillie was posting in jest whereas if a team truly relied on one player and he got hurt then their season would be over if they did not plan ahead in the event of such an injury.