PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie @ Brownwood ? Predictions

Texasfootball2
08-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Anybody have any thoughts on this game. This is usually a very competitive and physical football game. Both teams are always very well coached.

Gsquared
08-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Anybody have any thoughts on this game. This is usually a very competitive and physical football game. Both teams are always very well coached.
I think this is going to be a pretty good ball game. I am picking Brownwood.

injuredinmelee
08-27-2007, 08:37 AM
a totally uneducated guess but:

Bwood - 21
Wylie - 17

3afan
08-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Bwood 42, Wylie 7

Sweetwater Red
08-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
a totally uneducated guess but:

Bwood - 21
Wylie - 17

I agree.

Both these teams are on our schedule. I really hope it isn't a
blow out either way.

Texasfootball2
08-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
Bwood 42, Wylie 7

Do you really think this will be the score? Both teams have a lot of players back from last years contest which ended with Wylie losing by 4 with first and goal from the 5 yd line at the end of the game a Brownwood coming up with a goalline stand.

3afan
08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
yes, i really do

DU_stud04
08-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Bwood 42, Wylie 7 thats my pick. with as many people as brownwood is bringing back... i dont think wylie will do very well against them. brownwood will be a very good team this year and really hammer some teams

thewyliefan
08-27-2007, 01:00 PM
wylie 28
brownwood 21

both sides have really good talent returning, but i think the wylie O will do what it needs aginst bwood.

RMAC
08-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Brownwood 27
Wylie 17

Who is gonna be QB at Wylie

Texasfootball2
08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Brownwood 27
Wylie 17

Who is gonna be QB at Wylie

His name is Jared Wallace!

STANG RED
08-27-2007, 05:38 PM
I'll take B'wood by a score or two, but only because its game 1, Wylie really has nothing to prove, and will be looking at who is going to fill the holes. Not that Sandifer wont try to win, but he'll be much more interested in looking at players and positions than be overly concerned with winning a meaningless game.
If the B'wood coach is smart, he'll be doing the same thing. Then it'll be a toss up.

wildstangs
08-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Brownwood 30 Wylie 10

No worries - Wylie usually starts 3-2 or 4-1 and then gets rolling by district.

thewyliefan
08-27-2007, 07:14 PM
should be good either way. i watched the scrimmage and they did a pretty good job at the holes they have filled so far. my only concern for wylie is that they oline seemed to let to many blitzes get by them. strange since 3/5 of them started last year

Matthew328
08-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Brownwood by 17

sectionCwannabe
08-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Wylie 20, Brownwood 17

injuredinmelee
08-27-2007, 11:45 PM
I worry about team speed. BWood will have lots more. Defensively I feel that Wylie will be strong this year. A good group of tough kids. Time will tell and you can guarantee yourself that by kickoff Sandifer will have his kids ready to play.

NDFootball
08-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Everything I saw at the Wylie scrimmage impressed me, some blitzes did get through but it was much worse at the scrimmage last year...I think Wylie wins just because the offense doesn't have the same jitters it did at the beginning last season.

GO BULLDOGS

Johnny Moxen
08-28-2007, 09:43 AM
I think it will be a close game, however I am going to say wylie by 7. Don't get fooled by Coach Sandifer listing a Senior as a starter. He will return as many as 16 guys that saw significant playing time plast year.

CHSWR07
08-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
wylie 28
brownwood 21

both sides have really good talent returning, but i think the wylie O will do what it needs aginst bwood.

no im sorry wylie will not beat brownwood i hope they can stay within 17 points of them sorry

Texasfootball2
08-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
I think it will be a close game, however I am going to say wylie by 7. Don't get fooled by Coach Sandifer listing a Senior as a starter. He will return as many as 16 guys that saw significant playing time plast year.

This is very true. By the end of the season last year, Wylie had 2 soph. and around nine juniors starting with another 5 or 6 juniors recieving significant playing time. This team has a chance to be as good any Wylie teams of the past. This doesn't mean that I'm predicting a state championship because no matter how good you are a lot of this have to go your way to win a title, including a little luck. Just as anyone from Gilmer last year, I don't think anyone would agrue the fact that Gilmer was the best 3A team in the state for 10 weeks before they ran into a buzz-saw.

I really don't know how this game will go Friday night, like most early games turnovers will play a huge role in the outcome. If last years game is any indication, with both teams returning a lot of battle tested players on paper it has the makings of a great game, but that's not always the case. I do think Brownwood has the best player in the game at QB, so I look for them to try to light Wylie up through the air. Can't wait for kickoff, regardless of the outcome I hope both teams come out of the game healthy!

Texasfootball2
08-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey CHSWR07, Who does Clyde play this week and how have they looked in their scrimmages. Is the big RB healthy?

vet93
08-28-2007, 02:45 PM
I am taking Brownwood by 10. The best way to beat Wylie is early in the season. They are trying to figure out where everyone is going to play and Sandifer doesn't get all upset about early season losses...he builds on them. Look for Wylie to be a much better team in about 8-10 weeks when compaired to others at that same time frame.

thewyliefan
08-28-2007, 04:39 PM
oo looky looky CHSWR07 is back with his anit-wylie everything...let me guess clyde will beat wylie in district or something stupid.

but there were a ton of juniors last year that played last year on the team. and those guys that were soph. last year are big time players. jesse jennings is 3rd generation LB and is already bigger than both of his brothers when they played. hands down though even with out the speed of a gary edwards and a tall go to guy like matt smith, wylie will probably be better than last years team.

thewyliefan
08-28-2007, 04:39 PM
o yea, nicely said vet93

NDFootball
08-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by CHSWR07
no im sorry wylie will not beat brownwood i hope they can stay within 17 points of them sorry

Aren't you the same kid that said Clyde would dominate Wylie last year? :confused:

Take your Clyde hate comments and shove 'em, a real prediction would be nice k thx :D

Stop pouting because you get owned by Wylie every year. You want to say Wylie will lose? No problem with that just back it up with something intelligent and not just "well wylie sucks." Once again good job kiddo :clap: you're on top of things just like last season

/endrant

NDFootball
08-28-2007, 05:15 PM
All I have to say to you CHS is 43-7

Back to the Wylie @ Brownwood predictions....

thewyliefan
08-28-2007, 05:16 PM
itll be close. and i forgot bwood had that stud junior QB

Texasfootball2
08-29-2007, 08:23 AM
itll be close. and i forgot bwood had that stud junior QB

He is suppose to be the real deal and he is just a junior. He started the game against Wylie last year and the Bulldogs beat him up pretty bad including blocking one of his punts in the first quater. He was bench by mid-third quater. I think he came back around week 5 last year and lead the Lions on an impressive run that included the playoffs. He's got great size and speed (ran on their sprint relay at the bulldog relays last year). I think that Brownwood will be a force this year in 4A regardless of what happens this Friday. Freeman and Sandifer both do a great job of using early season loss'es to their advantage. Regardless of who wins I hope this is a close and competitve game and not a blowout.

NDFootball
08-29-2007, 08:58 AM
yeah even though he had a rough game against the bulldogs last year it was apparent he had talent. i'll be anxious to watch on friday to see how he's progressed

sweetwater07
08-29-2007, 09:18 AM
i think wylie may be putting a loss up this week..but like soemone said earlier... wylie builds on early season losses...they will be good this year as always..but maybe 4-5 weeks into the season

injuredinmelee
08-29-2007, 09:22 AM
i actually think we have the bwood qb situation backwards. HE came into the game to relieve the upper classman and summarily kicked our butts.

Great job emceeing last night by the way.

sweetwater07
08-29-2007, 09:29 AM
i actually think we have the bwood qb situation backwards. HE came into the game to relieve the upper classman and summarily kicked our butts.

injured did you miss me??...:D

Texasfootball2
08-29-2007, 11:12 AM

Sorry Injured! but your wrong on this one. My son was watching the TV replay he taped last year the other night, so I 'm positive on this one. The Big Man started the game and struggle at QB and Punter. The second half Freeman went with #11 at QB, a senior who was playing TB and they completely bailed out on the passing game and went to an option running attack. The Bulldogs were not prepared for this and #11 rushed for over 100 yds in the second half alone and lead them to a come from behind 18-14 victory. In fact #11 started the next three games or so, at QB and Brownwood lost all three and was like 1-3 when they went back to the Big Man and the rest is history.

thewyliefan
08-29-2007, 08:02 PM
no actually i played in that game aaannnnddd injured would be right. he was back up this time last year and became the starter afterwards. we used to joke around saying if our D wouldnt have put the other QB on the bench we mite have won that game haha.

NDFootball
08-30-2007, 12:58 AM
no actually i played in that game aaannnnddd injured would be right. he was back up this time last year and became the starter afterwards. we used to joke around saying if our D wouldnt have put the other QB on the bench we mite have won that game haha.

sorry bud but you're wrong. one of the main goals was to rattle the youngster and take advantage of his inexperience the older guy came in later on after we rattled said youngster.

zach 1

brett 0

sick burn ;)

injuredinmelee
08-30-2007, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
sorry bud but you're wrong. one of the main goals was to rattle the youngster and take advantage of his inexperience the older guy came in later on after we rattled said youngster.

zach 1

brett 0

sick burn ;)

how dare you people doubt me... lol

dang this makes twice this year i have been wrong already.

Texasfootball2
08-30-2007, 12:26 PM

Don't take it personal but if you truely played in that game then it's a wonder we only lost by four points, because you are clueless. Go to the Wylie website and look on the football schedule. There is a website for each of the opponents. Click on the Brownwood website. Are you writing this down, you probably should, anyway as soon as their website shows up look at the first article. At the bottom you will see , more/less ,
click on this, and scroll down to OFFENSE. I'f you are capable of getting to this point and can read you will see the Casey Pachall did not become the starting QB untill game 6.

I hope this clears things up!

thewyliefan
08-30-2007, 12:38 PM
ill take your word on it. sorry for not remembering every little detail about our first game of the season, we did play 11 more games after that. and i dont see how me not knowing what QB was in made us lose by 4.....what a mystery

and to you NDfootball.....we will fight later, your dorm, 8 PM. be there haha

Texasfootball2
08-30-2007, 12:45 PM
ill take your word on it. sorry for not remembering every little detail about our first game of the season, we did play 11 more games after that. and i dont see how me not knowing what QB was in made us lose by 4.....what a mystery

and to you NDfootball.....we will fight later, your dorm, 8 PM. be there haha

Since one QB was almost all pass oriented and the other QB was an option game running QB, I would say that it makes a lot of difference to someone actually playing in the game.

NDFootball
08-30-2007, 04:44 PM
how dare you people doubt me... lol

dang this makes twice this year i have been wrong already.

lol it's not a big deal i had to dust off some cobwebs to get the picture back into my head that game was only year ago but it feels like so much longer.

and to wyliefan...I have tats now...that means you will lose so BRING IT

:mad: (that's my tough face)

injuredinmelee
08-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
lol it's not a big deal i had to dust off some cobwebs to get the picture back into my head that game was only year ago but it feels like so much longer.

and to wyliefan...I have tats now...that means you will lose so BRING IT

:mad: (that's my tough face)

I'm telling Ray.

thewyliefan
08-30-2007, 06:11 PM
yea you got a flower on your ankle your reeeeaaaallll tough haha

and just saying me not knowing wouldnt make a diffrence....the oline (which is where i played) has nothing to do w/ the opposite teams QB so there for once again, me not knowing which qb was in wouldnt make us lose

NDFootball
08-30-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm telling Ray.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek:

haha i actually got the clover on my leg b/c dad has one i think he thought it was pretty cool.

i haven't told him about the other one yet :(

NDFootball
08-30-2007, 11:20 PM
yea you got a flower on your ankle your reeeeaaaallll tough haha

and just saying me not knowing wouldnt make a diffrence....the oline (which is where i played) has nothing to do w/ the opposite teams QB so there for once again, me not knowing which qb was in wouldnt make us lose

yes a flower... turd... you must have hit your head too many times you obviously can't remember much

NDFootball
08-30-2007, 11:21 PM
i joke with you :D

injuredinmelee
08-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Thats right he does have one on his ankle huh? I miss gettign to play golf and drink a few with he and the other guys

NDFootball
08-30-2007, 11:32 PM
if you ever go play golf with him i may just have to bust out the ol golf clubs and embarrass myself

Texasfootball2
08-31-2007, 08:19 AM
I know that Thursday night games are not in any way indicators to what happens of Friiday nights, but Wylie sweeped Brownwood in two JV games last night.

JV #2 - won 8-0
JV#1 - won 41-0

injuredinmelee
08-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I know that Thursday night games are not in any way indicators to what happens of Friiday nights, but Wylie sweeped Brownwood in two JV games last night.

JV #2 - won 8-0
JV#1 - won 41-0

Anyone know how the Preston kid did at QB for the JV?

Texasfootball2
08-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Anyone know how the Preston kid did at QB for the JV?

He did OK, the first have he was a little off on his throws but the second half he really did a good job. The Grey kid, # 88, is an outstanding reciever. Keep an eye out for him in the future.

EricDraven
08-31-2007, 10:43 AM
I shouldn't sink.

It will be a great game between two great teams and hopefully no one will get injured.

Good luck to Clyde against Baird or whoever y'all got.