PDA

View Full Version : American Citizen Speaks Out (not football)

sinton66
08-31-2003, 02:43 PM
After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman
have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered, this is an editorial
written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper.

He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual
or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a
surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks
had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the
possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking
a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of
descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently
come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America
being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national
identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language
and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials,
and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other
language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust " is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political
slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles,
founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display
it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part
of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously
consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no
desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.
This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every! citizen
the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once
you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto,
or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom,
THE RIGHT TO LEAVE."

Kinda struck "home" with me, anybody else feel this way?
If you agree -- pass this along; if you don't agree -- ignore it!

<small>[ August 31, 2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

cajun1
08-31-2003, 04:23 PM
I am with you!!!!
I have to put up with it everyday of my life where I work and it is push in my face! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ranger Mom
08-31-2003, 07:52 PM
I agree 100% :rolleyes:

espn1
08-31-2003, 10:26 PM
I'm proud to let everyone know that I profile.

landries
08-31-2003, 10:34 PM
i am a retard, but i agree.

landries
08-31-2003, 10:44 PM
no and yes it is

GoForIt
08-31-2003, 10:44 PM
Let's keep politics out of here. Bigotry is not becoming.

Ranger Mom
08-31-2003, 10:47 PM
GoForIt:
Let's keep politics out of here. Bigotry is not becoming.You were "warned" before coming in that it wasn't a football post!

sinton66
08-31-2003, 10:53 PM
Traditional American values shouldn't HAVE to be considered "politics". Only the liberals who are attacking EVERYTHING that defines America have made this a "political" issue. If that makes ME a bigot, so be it. (I don't think it qualifies).

espn1
08-31-2003, 11:01 PM
"GUVMENT CHEESE"

Gilmer Buckeye
08-31-2003, 11:03 PM
I am guilty of 'American footballism.' I am prejudiced against all groups who come to this country wanting to continue to play soccer as if it is a legitimate sport. It is not. Indeed, it is unAmerican. No soccer league has ever made money for the networks. America is a capitalistic society. The market demands immigrants learn to play football. That's just the way the ball bounces.

sinton66
08-31-2003, 11:15 PM
Hmmmmmmm, I may have been somewhat mistaken about you. NOW you're starting to make sense! :D :D :D

Pudlugger
09-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Sinton66 I am as upset about this multi-culty nonesense as you. Nowadays teachers are discouraged from teaching correct English usage to ethnic and limited English proficiency students because it discounts the validity of these group's native language and culture or ethnic minority dialetic (they now say "variety" rather than dialect). Rather, teachers are encouraged to teach standard English usage, but not as the only correct or proper language, but as just another variety of language, appropriate in formal discourse or business communications yet not so in certain social contexts, such as peer groups or the family environment. Is this crazy or what? I have been told by education professors that assimilation and forced English language instruction is a action of "dominant cultures oppressing other people of non-dominant cultures" rather than a legitimate function of socialization. The education establishment is hard at work promoting this attitude that all cultures are of equal value (multi-culturalism) and that Western Civilization and Judeo-Christian ethics are just another world view not more important or valuable than the others. Personally I want my cardiac surgeon to be trained in the Western Cultural model, along with my airline pilot, policeman, judge, utility worker and everyone else whose actions we depend upon for our wonderful and enviable way of life in America. I say get these hare brained cultural anthropologists out of the University now before it is too late.

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

espn1
09-01-2003, 09:10 AM
The upside is that you’ll never have to study for an English test. This goes right along with the Liberal ideology. If all else fails lower your standards.

Pudlugger
09-01-2003, 09:14 AM
And what's all the fuss about soccer? Give me the only real football anyday! :D

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

sinton66
09-01-2003, 09:20 AM
I guarantee that if an American citizen decided to move his family to ANY other country on the face of this planet, they would be EXPECTED to adapt to the new country's laws and traditions. The attitude would certainly be "Adapt to us, or go home". I've had a belly full of it. When my son was in the second grade, he would yell in his sleep "SPEAK ENGLISH, dangit!". Not hard for a parent to clue in on this one. When we left West Texas, he was an honor role student. At Odem, he barely managed a "C" average. He was one of only four white kids in his class. Both my kids did much better after we transferred them to Sinton.

sinton66
09-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Pudlugger:
And what's all the fuss about soccer? Give me the only real football anyday! :D Heh, heh. We have at least one on here that expresses displeasure when Slpybear, PPHSFan, and I refer to it as " communist soccer ".
We'll let her remain nameless, but her initials are B.Y.Y. :D :D :D

PhiI C
09-01-2003, 09:49 AM
There is an old saying "When in Rome do as the Romans do." It is obvious what it means but sometimes whne people come from other countries they forget they need to adopt to our ways and not vice versa. I feel that the large majority of people that have moved here have done great and adjusted very well to our country and some became great supporter and patriots i.e. Bob Hope and Knute Rockne.

And I still like women's soccer and Mia Hamm is a hottie as the young ones would say. :)

sinton66
09-01-2003, 10:35 AM
I've often thought that we as a society tend to listen to the "experts" way too much instead of use our common sense. Science has proven many times there is no such thing as an all-knowing "expert". What we have in reality are "theories" that convieniently explain things we really don't know. Once the theory is PROVEN wrong, we hurriedly shift to a new one.

Bandera YaYa
09-01-2003, 09:14 PM
Well, you just can't leave well enough alone! :p

But, first let me say that everyday, I have to respond to the question, "Do you want this in English or Spanish?" It irritates me to no end that I live in North AMerica and I have to answer this question. I have many Hispanic friends and it's not that I'm disrespectful to them or their culture...but I HATE being asked this question every time I call my telephone company or other businesses. I HATE IT!!!! Why does this have to happen??

Now, as far as the great sport of soccer is concerned........This is America and when it's played within the shores of America, it is NOT a communist sport...babe!!! The word "communist" is an ugly, ugly, ugly word...one you should not be repeating on here!!! Got it?!

Ya Ya!

sinton66
09-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Nope, don't "got it". If I choose to call it a communist sport, that is my choice. As you pointed out, this is America. I am entitled to my opinion whether you agree or not. You don't have to agree with my opinion, that is your right. You will not however, tell me what to think or say. You got it? :p

And, BTW, none of this was originally directed at you. You made the choice to make it personal. Deal with it.

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

PhiI C
09-01-2003, 09:56 PM
Hey everyone How about them Spurs beating the Nets for the 2003 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP!

BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!!!

Pudlugger
09-01-2003, 11:31 PM
Actually, communist is a dirty word now, that's why they don't call themselves that anymore.

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

bc 76
09-02-2003, 01:32 AM
Hey sinton66 what are you going to do when gwb comes to texas for his 2004 re election campaign and starts talking in spanish to cater to hispanic voters,are you going to tell him {speak english]

sinton66
09-02-2003, 06:34 AM
No, I won't, but you can bet I'll "tune" it out.
And BTW, I have several very dear Hispanic friends who feel the same way as I do on this issue. Immigrants to the US come from all over the world. Hispanics aren't at any more disadvantage than the rest. How is it they qualify for special treatment? Aren't we supposed to treat all people the same?

The question is, where does it stop? Where do we draw the line and say ENOUGH!? Where do we decide we can't afford to spend any more tax money on this. We have much bigger fish to fry in this country.

<small>[ September 02, 2003, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

sinton66
09-02-2003, 07:33 AM
Pudlugger:
Actually, communist is a dirty word now, that's why they don't call themselves that anymore.As far as I know, "communist" has always been a pretty much derogatory adjective describing their political systems. Don't see that anything has changed. I'm an American, I'm trained to be against communism. Not my fault if the "social scientists" have decided to change the theory again. wink

Mad Dawg 20/20
09-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Like they said in Greater Tuna.
"If you don't like it, MOVE!"

whtfbplaya
09-02-2003, 11:45 AM
66, this is one of the best post iv seen, I could not agree more with what was said.

slpybear the bullfan
09-02-2003, 12:36 PM
Bandera YaYa:
Well, you just can't leave well enough alone! :p

Now, as far as the great sport of soccer is concerned........This is America and when it's played within the shores of America, it is NOT a communist sport...babe!!! The word "communist" is an ugly, ugly, ugly word...one you should not be repeating on here!!! Got it?!

Ya Ya!You know Ya Ya, I never figured you would be one to pick up the big club of Censorship and try to beat us over the head with it. Did you not read my post where I asked you to chill out? Geez, enough with the ugly word bit. If we want to joke about stuff on the downlow we will as long as the administrators tolerate it... and I don't recall seeing your name listed as an admin.

*sigh*

Again, for you and all those who didn't read the info before you signed up for this BBS...

This is a private BBS for the discussion of 3A Texas HS football primarily, and whatever else the admins tolerate. It isn't a forumn where everyone will see things as you do. It isn't a place to come for the easily offended. And it certainly isn't a place where you need to take everything so serious. LIGHTEN UP.

Have fun folks...

slpybear

PS - You know, this is exactly why I quit posting the made up stories about my Grandpa, the World Champion Underwater Basket Weaver. I just knew one day that someone would cry foul and hammer me for not being PC in regards to basket weavers. Me??? "Un - PC"??? Surely you jest....

St. Ivender
09-02-2003, 01:24 PM
I second the emotion from Sinton66. It's the "LULAC's" of the hispanic world who propogate the language debate. The mainstream Mexican-American/Hispanic feels the same way we do. They keep their Spanish speaking ability (which is also their right) and pass it down to their children. If I had a heritage like that I would keep it too.

DEATH TO COMMUNIST SOCCER!!!!!

Phil C
09-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Hey St. are you going to any college soccer games this weekend?

St. Ivender
09-02-2003, 03:43 PM
A fellow I work with has a daughter who plays college soccer. I continually stress my disdain for the "sport" but try to be diplomatic. Unless Mia Hamm invites me I don't think I'll be going. What would Nomar say?

sinton66
09-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Slpy, buddy, I agree with you completely. Folks, if you don't get the joke, or you don't like the joke, the best thing you can do is ignore it. As long as the language you use is clean, there is nothing wrong with joking around. It's called SATTIRE . Sattire is quite often very subtle and hard to tell whether it's a joke or not. That's what makes it fine sattire. If you HAVE to explain that it was a joke to keep certain people from freaking out, they are obviously taking things way too seriously.

zeke
09-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Last year a study by a group of economists which was requisitioned by the State of California was circulated by some media outlets. The results showed that each and every individual entering our country illegally would use $50,000.00 more in public services in their lifetime than all the combined taxes they would pay in their lifetime.
The United States Census Bureau believes there are 8-10 million undocumented aliens living within our borders. The problem with getting an accurate count is that Federal Law prohibits most public and private entities from from even asking that magical question...."Are you a U.S. citizen?" Many private organizations dealing with immigration reform feel there are 2 to 3 times more undocumented aliens living in the United States than what the Census Bureau reported in 2000. Texas and California have been said to have the largest concentrations because they are border states and have had the nations larger economies, thus available jobs.
When standing behind a spanish speaking families at the check out line at the grocery store, every time they pull out the Texas Lone Star Card, which is the Texas equivalant of food stamps. On another board an employee at a grocery store down in the Texas valley said 80% of the folks buying groceries at his store paid with the Lone Star Card.
In Texas we face a 12 Billion Dollar budget deficit. As taxpayers we pay an average $6500.00 per child to educate grades K-12. Across Texas, I've noticed huge increses in valuations and the tax rate to fund education. I can't but help think that one of the primary reasons for this increase is the huge outlay we pay to educate, nourish, and provide free healthcare to non citizens.

sinton66
09-02-2003, 07:01 PM
And we owe it all to Judge William Wayne Justice.
I'm soooooo glad we still insist on electing our judges in Texas. I think the biggest part of the problems in this country are caused by special interest groups circumventing the law of the land by short circuiting it through our liberal federal courts. However, that is a subject for a rant. wink

<small>[ September 02, 2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>