PDA

View Full Version : What's the projections for Kennedale, this season?

Old Cardinal
07-31-2003, 11:13 AM
I am just curious about the Kennedale prospects for this season? After totally de-railing Everman last year they were upset in a close game by Ballinger, early in the Postseason. Do they have a lot of skill returning?

Rabbit'93
07-31-2003, 11:33 AM
OC I don't think Kennedale "totally derailed" them. They went on to win the State Title. I look at it more like a bump in the road. :p :p wink

everman_guy
07-31-2003, 11:56 AM
They do return their QB and starting RB from last year. They lost a lot of good players though...including Jason Tomlinson, Landon Johnson, and Douty (the OL, I think that was his name). Their JV and fresh were avg at best. They will have enough talent to easily finish second in the district though.

rholl
07-31-2003, 12:07 PM
Everman really owes Kennedale a "thank you"...it was a much needed wake-up call that brought on some need changes. I don't know how a team can be "totally de-railed" in a district game if they go on to win the state championship!!!

Old Cardinal
07-31-2003, 02:26 PM
To Rabbitt'93: I was just trying to emphasize that Kennedale put 42 points on the board against Everman and beat them by 9 points! Personally, I think that was the best thing that could have happened to spur Everman on toward the State Championship. I think Kennedale may have a good program this year, from the little info that is out there about them.

Matthew328
07-31-2003, 04:03 PM
The Kennedale loss was the best thing that happened to Everman...it made the Everman coaches realize they couldn't run the same defense they did in 2001...that is what makes the Everman staff so good...winning state 2 seasons in a row with 2 totally different schemes! As for this year...Kennedale lost 4 Division 1 players...that is gonna hurt a 3A program...they do have back QB Bryan Barrett, TB Rex Harper and WB/DB Chris Morris..all of whom are excellent players..Kennedale must fill holes with backups that didn't get much time last year and a JV that wasn't too good...Kennedale will be tough..but I don't see em being as good as last year...

G Man
08-05-2003, 11:45 PM
I believe a lot of teams are over looking Kennedale. They did lose some key seniors but i have seem the practice (this year and last) and their OL looks better than expected. And younger guys are stepping up to fill the holes of rocky smith, jason tomlinson, brandon ross,landon johnson, and so on. If they play as good as them in the season we are gonna have to wait and see. But i would look out for them.

rholl
08-06-2003, 01:13 PM
I don't think many teams are overlooking Kennedale...Harper returning as well as Barrett is a pretty dang good start for a team. Kennedale has made a name for themselves the past couple of years.

Everman01Grad.
08-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Well i dont believe that losing D1 players mean that your going downhill cause i think everman has proved that theory different. I do think kennedale will be just as good with the up coming players and the Everman Kennedale game i wouldnt doubt the cats will rise for the occation. If anyone is interested Everman VS. Kennedale Set.26 at Everman 7:30 mark your calenders.