PDA

View Full Version : Directions to Shotwell and Joe Allen's

Matthew328
08-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Abilene area folks,

I am going to make my first trip to Shotwell Saturday to cover a doubleheader out there....how do I get to the stadium from Ft. Worth??

Also between games I'll need to kill about 3 hours or so...I wanna eat at Joe Allen's because everyone says I gotta eat there so I was wondering whats the best way to get there from Shotwell...

Also if I eat fast and need more time to kill I know Abilene has a mall, so I'll prolly walk around and check the scenery out...where's the mall at in town?

GreenMonster
08-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Joe Allen's is only about 3 or 4 blocks from the stadium, at least it seems that way. It's really close. The mall is on the other side of town.

Matthew328
08-26-2007, 01:06 PM
That's not all bad the mall is on the other side of town..it'll help me kill time...the first game starts at 11 and then the night game isn't til 7...

I had to do the same thing in Tyler last year...I went and ate and then walked around the mall...LOL

BILLYFRED0000
08-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
That's not all bad the mall is on the other side of town..it'll help me kill time...the first game starts at 11 and then the night game isn't til 7...

I had to do the same thing in Tyler last year...I went and ate and then walked around the mall...LOL

It's about 5 minutes to the other side of town. Shotwell is already at the loop. Just head south and follow it around to the southwest side of town. I don't remember which exit it is but you can see it from the highway and just loop back if you miss it to the mall. I cannot tell you exactly where Joe Allen's is. After my time. I have not been back much since the 80's.

injuredinmelee
08-26-2007, 02:29 PM
coming in from I-20 exit at Loop 322 and go south. The stadium is your second exit. hwy 36 is the road. YOu will see the Taylor County Coliseum and fairgrounds. The stadium is next door.

From the Stadium to Joe Allen's:

Turn left out of the stadium parking lot on the road that runs in front of it(S.11th). Follow to Treadaway blvd. (about 2miles tops) Joe Allens is on the Corner of S.11th and Treadway

luvhoops34
08-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
coming in from I-20 exit at Loop 322 and go south. The stadium is your second exit. hwy 36 is the road. YOu will see the Taylor County Coliseum and fairgrounds. The stadium is next door.

From the Stadium to Joe Allen's:

Turn left out of the stadium parking lot on the road that runs in front of it(S.11th). Follow to Treadaway blvd. (about 2miles tops) Joe Allens is on the Corner of S.11th and Treadway

I spent a few days camped out at the Taylor County Fairgrounds for the State 4H horse show one year. I think it was in 95'. We ate at Joe Allen's while we were there. Good food!

injuredinmelee
08-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I spent a few days camped out at the Taylor County Fairgrounds for the State 4H horse show one year. I think it was in 95'. We ate at Joe Allen's while we were there. Good food!

it has actually moved from its original location. It is now where Cahoots used to be. YOu should come this weekend too!
I am even gonna skip the Wylie game friday night to watch all the games at SHotwell this weekend.