PDA

View Full Version : manor whips wimberley in scrimmage

manormustangs
08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
manor brought there A game to there scrimmage against wimberley on friday....in the scrimmage it was manor 2 wimberley 1........and in the live quarter it was manor scoring 4 times and wimberley scoring just 1........manor looked solid ..its about time we will see how we will do against kingsville king in the first game of the year.....

TexanAlum_06
08-25-2007, 09:25 PM
I guess manor got a little pay back from last years scrimmage when wimberley i believe scored 8 or 9 TD's. wimberleys got a long way till where they need to be.

manormustangs
08-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
I guess manor got a little pay back from last years scrimmage when wimberley i believe scored 8 or 9 TD's. wimberleys got a long way till where they need to be.

ya yall smashed us last year but hey yall were coming off a state championship so what do yall expect........manors new offence surprised the texans big time...i think yall need faster d backs and yall will be good against passing teams...but if not teams are going to pass all over yall this year.......yall were still solid against the run.....but on flanker screens and rb screens yall were no where to be found

Johnnypaycheck
08-25-2007, 09:33 PM
it's just a scrimmage...who cares???

manormustangs
08-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
it's just a scrimmage...who cares???

a scrimmage is were you find out were your team is at.......so alot of people care.

TexanAlum_06
08-25-2007, 09:38 PM
in the position wimberley is in with such a young team, it makes a difference. I can GARUNTEE you that the wimberley coaches are not happy campers right now with that performance. it is just a scrimmage, but it definately lets them know what they need to work on.

wookinpanub
08-25-2007, 09:46 PM
I've always said that if Manor put forth the same talent on the football field as it routinely does at the state track meet, the opposition better watch out.

I've felt the same way about Hearne. If they'd put those same giants that play basketball in the end zone to catch passes, there would be hell to pay.

charlesrixey
08-25-2007, 10:00 PM
wasn't it just a couple of years ago that manor was 9-5?

manormustangs
08-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
wasn't it just a couple of years ago that manor was 9-5?

ya we lost in the 3rd our 4th round to jasper

duckpluck
08-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Manor has always been loaded with talent. Discipline and coaching has been the problem. They have kids on thier bench faster than most teams starters.

snaxet
08-26-2007, 12:19 AM
I was at the Wimberley Manor scrimmage and it was clearly not a blowout. The scrimmage was very even. During the scrimmage portion, Wimberley scored once with its 1st team offense and Manor scored once with its first team offense. Neither team scored with the second team although both drove down into the red zone. During the live half, Wimberley scored early and moved the ball on other drives but was unable to put it into the end zone. Wimberley picked off a Manor pass and took it to the house but penalties negated the score. Manor likewise picked off a pass and took it in for the score. Manor intercepted another pass with just under 2 minutes to go and scored on a long pass. Manor did not move the ball on the ground. They did pass the ball fairly well at times, but it was primarily by way of passes to No. 4 (a very good receiver who can motivate after the catch - good player) Otherwise, the two teams looked fairly even, although Manor did finish stronger than Wimberley. There is no doubt that Manor appears to have much more talent than in years past. Wimberley is young but showed some signs of what they could be once they get some game experience. Wimberley's defensive backs did well- they picked off 2 passes and had a number of knock downs. Consistency will come once they settle in on the starters. To say that Manor dominated Wimberley is far from the truth. I will say that Manor is much more physical than they have been in the past and that should help them considerably.

buff4life
08-26-2007, 12:40 AM
heck Manor was #1 in state back in the day when Burnet was still 3A...i remember when they played them...

Maroon87
08-26-2007, 12:54 AM
It's a scrimmage, boys. Take it easy.:cool:

Centextrash
08-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Hummm??
I was at the scrimmage, and I would not call it a blow out by either team. And FYI : I am an unbiased observer.

Manor looks MUCH improved! They will make some noise in that AISD district this year! If the Manor recievers would have caught more passes in crossing routes inside, they would have scored more times. (i.e. # 81). BUT the reciever #4 is a good one! Defense doesn't have much size, but they are very quick!

As for the Texans, I agree with what has been said here so far. They looked like a young team. Once they gain some more experience, they will be a force again. But right now, they will have some growing pains.

burnet44
08-26-2007, 09:04 AM
see who plays more games this year

sinton66
08-26-2007, 09:14 AM
It's still pretty early, and scrimmages at this point don't really do anything but show the respective coaches what areas of the game they need to concentrate on going forward. Good teams will learn and get better as a result.