PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Luling (Week 0)

CheerMom
08-25-2007, 03:53 PM
What is everyone's take on this matchup?

Bull's-eye
08-25-2007, 04:06 PM
CheerMom, what kind of team will Rice have?

CheerMom
08-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Rice has looked pretty solid in both of their scrimmages. The "D" is smaller than in the past, but they are still quick to the ball. The "O" line is bigger than the past couple of years and have shown to give good run and pass protection. And, of course, with Cook as Qb and Toliver as WR....it is pretty much a sure thing every time.

tigerpride_08
08-26-2007, 04:24 AM
i think Rice will be very good this year...Cook will lead them pretty far...

zebrablue2
08-26-2007, 07:28 AM
to luck to rice this season. hope ya'll have a great year. cook is a special QB. I believe he can take the team to the next level.

JettJenkins04
08-26-2007, 10:26 PM
It's Sad havent been back 2 see my boys play since i Graduated in 04 but from what i hear they should be pretty tuff. Good luck 2 them boy's down there in Altair.

marlin fan
08-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Rice has my money Text me updates Mom!!!

CheerMom
08-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
to luck to rice this season. hope ya'll have a great year. cook is a special QB. I believe he can take the team to the next level.

You do need to come home and see us.
Do you know the hubby watches that 2003 tape every Friday......for luck, he thinks if he misses watching it we'll lose. lol. I'd like to have Cook QB that team!!

CheerMom
08-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
It's Sad havent been back 2 see my boys play since i Graduated in 04 but from what i hear they should be pretty tuff. Good luck 2 them boy's down there in Altair.

Not sure I still have your cell.....better pm me just in case.

TMer25
08-27-2007, 09:12 AM
I expect Rice to pretty much have their way with Luling. But hopefully i'll be wrong.

CheerMom
08-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Rice has my money Text me updates Mom!!!

PM me your cell....I posted the wrong quote earlier, sorry. :rolleyes:

LHSEagleFan
08-27-2007, 09:45 PM
The Eagles held their own with Giddings and Lockhart, not much size , but good speed. Come early and come by our tailgate party, get a free sausage wrap and cold drink. We will be just to the left of the main entrance to Eagle Field.

CheerMom
08-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by LHSEagleFan
The Eagles held their own with Giddings and Lockhart, not much size , but good speed. Come early and come by our tailgate party, get a free sausage wrap and cold drink. We will be just to the left of the main entrance to Eagle Field.

We'll keep an eye out for ya!!

hookandladder
08-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Rice has looked pretty solid in both of their scrimmages. The "D" is smaller than in the past, but they are still quick to the ball. The "O" line is bigger than the past couple of years and have shown to give good run and pass protection. And, of course, with Cook as Qb and Toliver as WR....it is pretty much a sure thing every time.

Just out of curiousity why did Cook pick the Cane's to play college ball also was he recruited by the new or old coach.

CheerMom
08-28-2007, 02:39 PM
It's just a verbal commit. He wanted to get the scouts off his back, more or less, so he could concentrate on playing. Last year it was too much of a distraction. When it comes down to it....I personally have a feeling he will stay close to home.
And he was recruited by the new coach.