PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Giddings Buffaloes at Wimberley Texans(Week 0)

R4Editor
08-25-2007, 12:48 AM
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/06/51/98/image_4098516.jpg VS http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/09/87/37/image_4137879.jpg

Great matchup to start the 2007 football season and it takes place at Texans stadium. My pick is with the home team.
Discuss who will win and why.

Wimberely 24
Giddings 20

bandera7
08-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Im gonna say Wimberley. They always have a good program. They also have a pretty good back in Harley West. And I am hearing good things about some sophomore quarterback...

buff4life
08-25-2007, 02:28 AM
homer pick i think Wimberley lost more than Giddings and Giddings is ahead of them at this early point in the season...

gold_33
08-25-2007, 09:36 AM
As much as i want to say we'll win i just dont see it happening. Our team is young but the talent is there but just dont see everything fitting together this early in the season. Result will be much like last years.

Hang Ten
08-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Based upon what I saw at the Manor-Wimberley scrimmage last night, Wimberley is a few notches below last year. If Giddings can stop the run, it will be a long night for the Texans. 28-7 Giddings.

gobbler grad
08-25-2007, 02:46 PM
believe i'll take the Buffs in this one ...:thinking: should be a really good game to start the season...:)

ronwx5x
08-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/06/51/98/image_4098516.jpg VS http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/09/87/37/image_4137879.jpg

Great matchup to start the 2007 football season and it takes place at Texans stadium. My pick is with the home team.
Discuss who will win and why.

Wimberely 24
Giddings 20

I plan to be at this game. Stadium statistics have seating at 3500. Is this correct? If so, I better be plenty early if I want to sit, right?

Centextrash
08-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Buffs by 5 TD's

42-7

JT44
08-25-2007, 08:54 PM
The texans will look for their new identity while the buffs take this close game.

manormustangs
08-25-2007, 09:21 PM
giddings should smash on wimberley ....manor beat wimberley 28-7 in live scrimmage and we are not a top notch program like giddings so there you go....i say giddings 35....wimberley 7

TexanAlum_06
08-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
As much as i want to say we'll win i just dont see it happening. Our team is young but the talent is there but just dont see everything fitting together this early in the season. Result will be much like last years.

Like I said in anoher thread. I would love for us to win this one but honestly i dont think we have much of a chance. we have talent YOUNG talent and I just dont think they will be able to hang with giddings. maybe if they played in mid season. we would definately have a better chance. but this game will be fun to watch. and it will be a good game wimberley to gain some experience against a top notch team. I wont say it iwll take a miracle for Wimberley to win. But dang near close.

TexanAlum_06
08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by manormustangs
giddings should smash on wimberley ....manor beat wimberley 28-7 in live scrimmage and we are not a top notch program like giddings so there you go....i say giddings 35....wimberley 7

How did the scrimmage go? can you give some details. unbiased.. but honest details...

manormustangs
08-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
How did the scrimmage go? can you give some details. unbiased.. but honest details...

basically manor switched to a passing game this year and its working....we passed all over wimberley so yalls secondary needs to be better and yalls d backs are too slow...i know yall are young but yall have a good repetation yall could mess up this year........so basically manor passed all over wimberley.....

TexanAlum_06
08-25-2007, 09:35 PM
yea this is the 2nd year in a row they will totally rebuild the secondary. they are young but its going to take some time and real game experience. they will have some growing pains. (Giddings,LH,TLE and Abilene wylie) but they will pull it together at some point.I know its really early but as of now with what i saw of them in 2 practices and the scrimmage against gonzales. Im thinking of a 6-4 or 5-5 regular season. I guess manor got a little payback considering wimbelrey thumped them bigtime in last years scrimmage, it was embarasing. we shall see what happens next week.

buff4life
08-25-2007, 09:45 PM
yea this is the 2nd year in a row they will totally rebuild the secondary. they are young but its going to take some time and real game experience. they will have some growing pains. (Giddings,LH,TLE and Abilene wylie) but they will pull it together at some point.I know its really early but as of now with what i saw of them in 2 practices and the scrimmage against gonzales. Im thinking of a 6-4 or 5-5 regular season. I guess manor got a little payback considering wimbelrey thumped them bigtime in last years scrimmage, it was embarasing. we shall see what happens next week.

gotta get games like that when you only have a four team district huh? lol

buff4life
08-25-2007, 09:55 PM
i'll be driving over from UT for the game...gotta check out the alma matter

TexanAlum_06
08-26-2007, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
gotta get games like that when you only have a four team district huh? lol
It will benefit them in the long run. they are going up against some of the best in the state. I would advise you, and anyone else who is gonna make it to the game that reads this to show up as early as possible. from around 7 till kickoff there will be a long wait at the ticket booth. and parking is bad. if u cant come till around 7 then i would just park at the high school and walk to the field. its only a 3-4 minutes walk. you might get lucky and find a spot at the jr high which is right next to the field. sometimes u can steal a spot at subway which is at the entrance to the stadium. but if u can make it about 630. it wont be as busy then and u can get a parking spot close to the gate and have maybe a 3 minute wait in line for a ticket. if u want concessions, go early, like 1st qaurter and stock up, just a little advice for you guys. anybody wanna meet up? since I work till 7 i wont be able to make it till kickoff but halftime would work.

gold_33
08-26-2007, 01:06 PM
The main thing with this years team is we have no depth and lack size. Our next group of good big kids and depth are with the sophmore and freshman class. This years schedule will give those soph on varsity some good experience for the years to come and we will be back to the level we were the previous 2-3 years. Our success this year depends on how fast the young kids develop and learn the speed of this level. Could be a embarrassing first game this week against Giddings and possibly the season.

LHPfactory
08-26-2007, 02:21 PM
I like Wimberly, but Giddings is just too good and the Texans are just too young and there is no Michael Buse this year. Giddings 42-7.

Old Tiger
08-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Giddings will win like they did last year

buff4life
08-26-2007, 03:29 PM
It will benefit them in the long run. they are going up against some of the best in the state. I would advise you, and anyone else who is gonna make it to the game that reads this to show up as early as possible. from around 7 till kickoff there will be a long wait at the ticket booth. and parking is bad. if u cant come till around 7 then i would just park at the high school and walk to the field. its only a 3-4 minutes walk. you might get lucky and find a spot at the jr high which is right next to the field. sometimes u can steal a spot at subway which is at the entrance to the stadium. but if u can make it about 630. it wont be as busy then and u can get a parking spot close to the gate and have maybe a 3 minute wait in line for a ticket. if u want concessions, go early, like 1st qaurter and stock up, just a little advice for you guys. anybody wanna meet up? since I work till 7 i wont be able to make it till kickoff but halftime would work.

thanks for the advise...if i lived in giddings i could have advanced tickets but since i won't the the rents til at the game i'll have to stand in line...i'll try to be there by 630 but doubt it...anybody have directions to the field?

TexanAlum_06
08-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
The main thing with this years team is we have no depth and lack size. Our next group of good big kids and depth are with the sophmore and freshman class. This years schedule will give those soph on varsity some good experience for the years to come and we will be back to the level we were the previous 2-3 years. Our success this year depends on how fast the young kids develop and learn the speed of this level. Could be a embarrassing first game this week against Giddings and possibly the season.

Well said. you are right wimberley will be back to state championship contention in 2-3 seasons. those young kids, as well as the 8th graders this year are extremely talented. they have a lot to learn and it might not be to pretty at the end of fridays game but it will make them better. depth is a huge issue pretty much everywhere, but especially on the 0-line. they cannot afford any serious injuries, especially to West, since he has been prone to injury ni the past and they will rely on him heavily on offense and defense this year.

Darren
08-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Of course I am going with Giddings in this one. Wimberley will be tough as always and never count them out but I am looking for Giddings to win 28-7.

Good luck to all.

44INAROW
08-27-2007, 09:19 AM
I am torn on this one. I saw both teams play last year - but this is THIS year - hhmm I saw the LH vs Giddings game and wasn't impressed with Giddings at all - BUT........ we left at the end of the 3rd quarter, so it wasn't a fair assessement considering the 4th quarter and all. The 1st QB didn't do anything to impress me (or the folks I was with) Maybe he had a bad day, maybe LH shut him down. but, I am going on a limb and will say the Buffs in a close one. :nerd:

LHdog
08-27-2007, 09:31 AM
I would not underestimate Wimberley at home. I've seen some strange things happen at the Texan Stadium. Also, if you stop Fitzhenry, you stop Giddings. An upset would not surprise me at all.

TexanAlum_06
08-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah if we can somehow keep it close late in the game.. keyword
"SOMEHOW" then we might can pull an upset.... we have comeback and fought hard and won some great games at Texan Stadium. but we shall see.

LHPfactory
08-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
I would not underestimate Wimberley at home. I've seen some strange things happen at the Texan Stadium. Also, if you stop Fitzhenry, you stop Giddings. An upset would not surprise me at all.

I agree, Wimberley Is tough to beat at home (any where for that matter), but last year they had Buse, Batey, and Thompson, not to mention a good line. I know you can never count them out and they have a great program with a winning tradition, however, if Manor did what i read on this post they may be in trouble with a team like Giddings. Hopefully for Wimberley it was the Texans 2nd team that Manor ran on. We will see, I may have over estimated the score. I wouldnt mind eating my words, Im rooting for the Texans, but think the Buffs take this one big time.

Hang Ten
08-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Scrimmages are just that, and do not translate into victories....but Manor's QB threw for over 350 yds against them. Don't know if that matters or not since Giddings runs the ball....but you have to wonder if their D is up to the challenge at this point in the season.

TexanAlum_06
08-27-2007, 10:41 PM
yeah the secondary needs a lot of work... now giddings wont throwing the ball, obviously. the run defense is pretty solid BUT the defense is still young and if brock gets past the linebackers they dont have anyone who can catch him, there is only one person on the team, harley west, who has enough speed to catch him in short distance. but i dont think he can run him down.

gold_33
08-27-2007, 10:55 PM
We run a 4-4 defense so we only have 2 corners and a safety which isnt that hard to replace. It was the outside linebackers who could covered guys in shotgun and could run like db's and didn't get burned which is hard to replace. We had enough depth the past two years to keep those guys fresh but this year we dont with West having to play both ways. I think we will be alright against running teams cause our D is built to stop the run but we couldnt stop Giddings last year and we dont have near the experience as last years team. I think having played Giddings last year the coaches will have a good game plan and it could be closer than I expect but it also could get ugly if the D doesnt step up but at least its not the playoffs and all the young guys will get to see a playoff caliber team from the start.

buff4ever
08-28-2007, 08:45 AM
I see giddings pulling this one out, and at the same time finding a few things to work on over the next few weeks. Wimberly will be a good game, good enough to show us some weaknesses that we may or may not already know about.

hookandladder
08-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am torn on this one. I saw both teams play last year - but this is THIS year - hhmm I saw the LH vs Giddings game and wasn't impressed with Giddings at all - BUT........ we left at the end of the 3rd quarter, so it wasn't a fair assessement considering the 4th quarter and all. The 1st QB didn't do anything to impress me (or the folks I was with) Maybe he had a bad day, maybe LH shut him down. but, I am going on a limb and will say the Buffs in a close one. :nerd:

Wasn't impressed with Giddings, just out of curiousity who in 3A are you comparing them to. I do not think their were many teams last year or this year that are better than Giddings. Brock may not be a passing QB but I would like to see in 3A who you think is that much better. I will go out on a limb and say Brock runs for over 200 yards and wins by at least 2 Tds. Allan Dock will take care of the defense, that's 2 pretty good studs on both sides of the ball.

44INAROW
08-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Wasn't impressed with Giddings, just out of curiousity who in 3A are you comparing them to. I do not think their were many teams last year or this year that are better than Giddings. Brock may not be a passing QB but I would like to see in 3A who you think is that much better. I will go out on a limb and say Brock runs for over 200 yards and wins by at least 2 Tds. Allan Dock will take care of the defense, that's 2 pretty good studs on both sides of the ball.

ease up - will you not admit the 1st half was dominated by LH??? I said we left at the end of the 3rd qtr - that's when the game got good. I am comparing them to LH - the team I saw them play and by the way - never mind....... not going to go there.......

buff4life
08-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
ease up - will you not admit the 1st half was dominated by LH??? I said we left at the end of the 3rd qtr - that's when the game got good. I am comparing them to LH - the team I saw them play and by the way - never mind....... not going to go there.......

i couldn't agree with you more, LH dominated us and got us out of our game in the first half...kids got down and lost temper, i don't believe Giddings would have won that game if we played great, but you did not see the "good" Giddings team that day...

and read again if you think i said we would have won that game if we would have played better, because we wouldn't have, they were that much better...

buff4life
08-29-2007, 05:13 PM
wow this discussion kind of died down...

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2007, 09:05 AM
those young kids, as well as the 8th graders this year are extremely talented. My 8th grader said he heard at school that the kid that gave them FITS last year moved to Katy. Do you know if that's the case?

buff4life
08-30-2007, 03:41 PM
as dead as this topic is don't expect a response lol...

gold_33
08-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
My 8th grader said he heard at school that the kid that gave them FITS last year moved to Katy. Do you know if that's the case?

Yeah our stud coming up moved but is expected to come back during the school year hopefully but will miss football season, I know everyone hopes he makes it back as he would've been the starter on varsity next year hands down.

TexanAlum_06
08-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah he is a freak athelete, hope he comes back.

buff4life
08-30-2007, 10:38 PM
how do you get to the stadium?

TexanAlum_06
08-30-2007, 10:51 PM
what road you coming in on? RR12 OR 2325 or 3237?

lhpantherdad
08-31-2007, 12:08 AM
I gotta root for Wimberley. Watch out Texans! The Buffs are sore losers! Keep your composure...they have been taught well, by their coach, to do cheap shots and talk trash! We saw it first-hand and on film last year until it exploded when our boys just could not put up with it any longer.

buff4ever
08-31-2007, 11:43 AM
I gotta root for Wimberley. Watch out Texans! The Buffs are sore losers! Keep your composure...they have been taught well, by their coach, to do cheap shots and talk trash! We saw it first-hand and on film last year until it exploded when our boys just could not put up with it any longer.

I have to say that this post of yours makes you look like a real good winner yourself. I have posted my opinions on the game and that I respect liberty hill and am happy for that community. You base an opinion of a whole community on what you saw from 1 or 2 or 3 individuals. I could sit here and type the same thing about your town, but I don't believe that. You are a great community and have been for some time, as has giddings. It is another year and you are going to have to let it go my friend. You can still enjoy being the state champions all year until you defend it or lose it, so enjoy that and let the past go.

THERE IS A LOT OF FUN FOOTBALL TO ENJOY, LET'S ENJOY IT, IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING AND IT'S FINALLY HERE.

buff4ever
08-31-2007, 02:49 PM
where should I eat in wimberly if I happen to get there early enough? & if I am coming in on 12, what is the easiest way to the stadium.

Any help on either is appreciated. thanx in advance.

Darren
08-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad

There is always one that likes to stir the pot.

Good luck to both teams.

Go Buffs........

gold_33
08-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
where should I eat in wimberly if I happen to get there early enough? & if I am coming in on 12, what is the easiest way to the stadium.

Any help on either is appreciated. thanx in advance.

If you are coming in on 12 from San Marcos-Austin then go to the second stop light in town turn left on 2325, follow that about two miles it is first road past Subway. If your coming from dripping springs on 12 turn right at first light and do the same as above. The best place to eat is probably Mimas which is Mexican food it is on 2325 before you get to the stadium.

gold_33
08-31-2007, 03:22 PM

We did play Giddings last year so we know how they can act but hopefully everything will go smooth this year.

buff4life
08-31-2007, 03:50 PM

you've got to be kidding me right?

wimbo_pro
08-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Wow....a LH follower complaining about another teams coaching tactics....this is rich.

The Buff fans I have seen posting here didnt deserve that comment.

buff4life
09-01-2007, 01:31 AM
speakling of coaching tactics, LH's offensive linemen tend to crap the defenders ankles when attempt to chop them...this caused some anger also...