Old Tiger
08-24-2007, 05:33 PM
MAC or PC

TMer25
08-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm a MAC guy

big daddy russ
08-25-2007, 01:28 AM
I like Mac, but it takes some getting used to. If you've been on a PC your whole life, you won't like it at first, but once you get used to getting around on a Mac it's hard to go back to a PC.

Steve Jobs was once considered (and probably still is) the world's number one software designer. That's why Mac OSX runs so much better, smoother, faster, and without as many hiccups as Windows. It's a much more stable platform and is much more innovative. They're 2-3 years ahead of the "Windows curve." In other words, they're doing stuff that Microsoft won't implement in their operating systems for another 2-3 years.

Know how everything nowadays uses drag-and-drop? Where you just take a file and drop it into a folder? That was a Mac innovation... along with most of the navigation tools and "life made simpler" features you'll find on today's PC's.

I'll be the first to admit that I own a PC. Actually, I own two, a desktop and a laptop. I needed a powerhouse computer and only had about $1500 to spend, so I built my own. I bought a PC laptop for the compatibility. They both work extremely well and do everything I need them to do, and you probably won't be disappointed if you get another PC.

BUT, if you have the money to buy a Mac and the patience to learn it, it's a much better computer than a PC.

TMer25
08-25-2007, 09:52 AM
You can also use a program called Parallels to run Windows on a Mac. I use it on mine and it runs Vista just as well as my laptop does.