Graham because there better.

Old Tiger
08-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by kof96
Graham because there better. *they're

;)

crzyjournalist03
08-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Greenwood...just a wild hunch for the upset...no good reason...

MarginalTalent
08-24-2007, 05:31 PM
It depends on which Graham team shows. I went to the scrimmage vs. Wichita Falls Rider today and the first thirty minutes Graham looked like the number 60 team in 3A. Then they played a "live quarter" at the end and Graham marched it quickly downfield and scored on a thirty yard pass play. The defense promptly took the ball away on Rider's ensuing drive, but didn't do anything with it. Rider finally got it's own drive going but fumbled going in. Rider is top ten ranked in 4A so that quarter was impressive. It's the first 30 minutes that concerns me.

Pick: Graham if they show up in the first quarter. Otherwise it will be a long evening at Shotwell.

kof96
08-24-2007, 05:34 PM
I cant spell

injuredinmelee
08-24-2007, 06:38 PM
I wonder what Greenwoods team speed is like this fall. No offense meant but last year they were one of the slowest playoff teams i saw.

GWOOD
08-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I wonder what Greenwoods team speed is like this fall. No offense meant but last year they were one of the slowest playoff teams i saw.

Speed? In Greenwood? You gotta' be kidding me. We're just country boys. Our pickups are the only thing with speed in Greenwood.

GreenMonster
08-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
It depends on which Graham team shows. I went to the scrimmage vs. Wichita Falls Rider today and the first thirty minutes Graham looked like the number 60 team in 3A. Then they played a "live quarter" at the end and Graham marched it quickly downfield and scored on a thirty yard pass play. The defense promptly took the ball away on Rider's ensuing drive, but didn't do anything with it. Rider finally got it's own drive going but fumbled going in. Rider is top ten ranked in 4A so that quarter was impressive. It's the first 30 minutes that concerns me.

Pick: Graham if they show up in the first quarter. Otherwise it will be a long evening at Shotwell. I was there as well. Definite fumble by the Rider QB as he was getting a huge pop laid on him. Have agree, if Graham comes out alive then Graham will win otherwise it could be a long night for the Steers.

WTF-82
08-24-2007, 11:05 PM
This early in the year Greenwood big offense line will win the battle. I will go with Greenwood. Graham nice offense will start clicking by district this result will be diffrent come playoff time.

Cameron Crazy
08-25-2007, 12:15 AM
I was also at the scrimmage., they played well.

Look for graham to be a top contendor this year!

Ranger Mom
08-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
RM vs Graham folks :eek: ;)

Who's your pick & why?

After reading this article in the paper, I'm not even going to vote!!:( :(

August 24, 2007:

Greenwood could be without Wilber after repeat injury
By Oscar Leroy

Midland Reporter-Telegram

The Greenwood football team may be without quarterback Colton Wilber for the second consecutive season.

Greenwood coach Steve Taylor said an MRI on Wednesday revealed that Wilber, a senior, has suffered a torn meniscus and a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, the same knee he injured last year in preseason.

Wilber might have suffered the injury during last Saturday's home scrimmage against Monahans, but neither Taylor nor Wilber were certain when the injury actually occurred.

Taylor said Wilber played only six plays but then began limping on the sidelines. The next morning Wilber woke up with a sore and swollen knee.

"It's a pretty big concern," Taylor said. "One of the keys to this year was to stay healthy and we might have Wilber out for the year."

Taylor said there is a possibility Wilber could still play if the senior QB decides not to have surgery. But even if Wilber decides to have the torn meniscus repaired, Taylor said the Rangers could be without Wilber for a month.

Taylor added Wilber has yet to make a decision on what course he will take. One of the things Wilber has to consider is the possibility of also missing the entire baseball season.

As for now, the Rangers will go with senior backup Noe Rodriguez under center. Rodriguez hurt a shoulder while playing defense last Saturday but Taylor expects to have Rodriguez back in time for the season opener on Aug. 30 against Graham. Taylor said junior Blake McColloch and sophomore Trey Edwards are also going to be taking snaps at quarterback.

Unfortunately for the Rangers, Wilber and Rodriguez weren't the only injuries suffered last Saturday, as senior guard Dean Smith missed Thursday night's scrimmage at Pecos but is expected to be back for the season opener.

VWG
08-25-2007, 09:13 AM
I was going to start off by saying that with Wilbur back at QB the Graham defense will see another good Ranger QB. With this injury it will be a big advantage for the Steers. Washington was as good as it gets last year in two games against Graham, and Wilbur was supposed to start at QB last year until he got hurt.
Washington moved in from RB and did an excellent job.
This is an unfortunate injury and I really feel for the kid and his parents. What a terrible way to end your high school career, back to back knee injuries.

With this game Greenwood will have to put pressure on McCoy. If he has time he will pick up his receivers and get the 8-10 yard passes they need to move the ball. Graham also has a couple of big targets in one WR that is 6'4" and another at 6'2".

gobbler grad
08-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Guess i'll take the Steers in this one...could really be too close to call...:thinking:

VERNONLION#1
08-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I was also at the scrimmage., they played well.

Look for graham to be a top contendor this year!
How is the field coming along. I bet it is going to be nice. The one in Cisco when we scrimmaged Ballinger was awesome.

VERNONLION#1
08-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
After reading this article in the paper, I'm not even going to vote!!:( :(

August 24, 2007:

Greenwood could be without Wilber after repeat injury
By Oscar Leroy

Midland Reporter-Telegram

The Greenwood football team may be without quarterback Colton Wilber for the second consecutive season.

Greenwood coach Steve Taylor said an MRI on Wednesday revealed that Wilber, a senior, has suffered a torn meniscus and a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, the same knee he injured last year in preseason.

Wilber might have suffered the injury during last Saturday's home scrimmage against Monahans, but neither Taylor nor Wilber were certain when the injury actually occurred.

Taylor said Wilber played only six plays but then began limping on the sidelines. The next morning Wilber woke up with a sore and swollen knee.

"It's a pretty big concern," Taylor said. "One of the keys to this year was to stay healthy and we might have Wilber out for the year."

Taylor said there is a possibility Wilber could still play if the senior QB decides not to have surgery. But even if Wilber decides to have the torn meniscus repaired, Taylor said the Rangers could be without Wilber for a month.

Taylor added Wilber has yet to make a decision on what course he will take. One of the things Wilber has to consider is the possibility of also missing the entire baseball season.

As for now, the Rangers will go with senior backup Noe Rodriguez under center. Rodriguez hurt a shoulder while playing defense last Saturday but Taylor expects to have Rodriguez back in time for the season opener on Aug. 30 against Graham. Taylor said junior Blake McColloch and sophomore Trey Edwards are also going to be taking snaps at quarterback.

Unfortunately for the Rangers, Wilber and Rodriguez weren't the only injuries suffered last Saturday, as senior guard Dean Smith missed Thursday night's scrimmage at Pecos but is expected to be back for the season opener.
Did the Washington kid graduate? Probably going to be neutral on this one. Should be a good one.

VWG
08-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Did the Washington kid graduate? Probably going to be neutral on this one. Should be a good one.

Yes, Washington was a senior last year.

RMAC
08-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
How is the field coming along. I bet it is going to be nice. The one in Cisco when we scrimmaged Ballinger was awesome.

They'd started putting down the green before I left for school and as far as the game goes I'm going to say Graham.

MarginalTalent
08-28-2007, 05:44 PM
The field is practically finished. Just putting on the sand and rubber pellets. Some vandals ripped up the 2 from the 20 yard line, but that has been fixed. They are planning on practicing on it next week. At that time, the construction company will begin on the HS remodel job which will demo their practice field.

VERNONLION#1
08-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
The field is practically finished. Just putting on the sand and rubber pellets. Some vandals ripped up the 2 from the 20 yard line, but that has been fixed. They are planning on practicing on it next week. At that time, the construction company will begin on the HS remodel job which will demo their practice field.
Cool. Look forward to seeing it.

sweetwater07
08-29-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

lol i noticed that against vernon...

Stownhorse
08-29-2007, 12:52 PM
is this game thursday?????????????

pirate4state
08-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
is this game thursday?????????????
yes

Stownhorse
08-30-2007, 04:16 PM
see ya there!