PDA

View Full Version : Region III GotW: Bellville Brahmas vs Sealy Tigers (Zero Week)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Will Bellville keep the winning streak going vs the Tigers or will New Head coach Mitchell (Sinton) have a answer to win the Austin County match-up? Bellville has lost 4 starters, but the Bellville coaching staff has the Young Brahmas looking good vs 4a Brenham and 4a Santa Fe. The game will be in Sealy, look for a standing room only for the start of the season!

Bull19
08-24-2007, 02:51 PM
i've got sealy in this one. bellville just has too many questions marks. true they showed some ability in the scrimmages, but games are much different. i expect bellville to bring it around towards the end of the season, but as far as the first week goes i expect alot of nerves and mistakes by the young team which will cost them the game.

plus sealy has the "messiah"

pirate4state
08-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i've got sealy in this one. bellville just has too many questions marks. true they showed some ability in the scrimmages, but games are much different. i expect bellville to bring it around towards the end of the season, but as far as the first week goes i expect alot of nerves and mistakes by the young team which will cost them the game.

do you guys know why they keep referring to Mictchell as the "messiah" ??? :confused:

fireman1
08-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
do you guys know why they keep referring to Mictchell as the "messiah" ??? :confused:

Ive been trying to figure out the same thing

scotty
08-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Sealy looked pretty good against Hempstead and the team from Austin, but Giddings was way too much for the Sealy bunch. If Bellville looks young and inexperienced, wait until you see Sealy. The Tigers are very young and they play hard, but it is going to take some time and hopefully the fans will understand. Why is Mitchell referred to as the Messiah?

Bull19
08-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by scotty
Sealy looked pretty good against Hempstead and the team from Austin, but Giddings was way too much for the Sealy bunch. If Bellville looks young and inexperienced, wait until you see Sealy. The Tigers are very young and they play hard, but it is going to take some time and hopefully the fans will understand. Why is Mitchell referred to as the Messiah?

ask rancher............i just did it for a laugh

apperantly rancher seriously considers him the "messiah"

hes the guy to ask

pirate4state
08-24-2007, 03:28 PM
ask rancher............i just did it for a laugh

apperantly rancher seriously considers him the "messiah"

hes the guy to ask

weird, thanks

Bull's-eye
08-24-2007, 04:08 PM
After watching Bellville scrimmage Santa Fe, I think they will defeat Sealy. I also heard that Giddings had their way with Sealy and pretty much coasted much of the scrimmage. Bellville did lose some key starters, but most of them have been replaced by players with potential to be better or just as good. Nunn may make the Bellville fans forget Abbs, a player who was a great power runner but had the tendacy to put the ball on the ground. Runnels looks to have a bright future and will be replacing Chaney.

buff4life
08-24-2007, 04:10 PM
after watching sealy last night in the scrimmage...i have bellville by three tds no matter how many question marks they have...

sealy has a bigger runningback with power and a smaller quicker one...but the defense is lackluster at best and the offensive line is tiny and horrible...also bellville kids better keep their composure...sealy players would get up clapping and taunting in players faces after a ten yard run when they were down like 8 tds to none...

zebrablue2
08-24-2007, 05:39 PM
bellville wins this game by 10 plus. minus 4 starters, they are still too much for a rebuilding sealy program.

rancher
08-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Coach Mitchell will bring the Sealy program back from the grave where it has been the last few years, thus he has been dud by many around town as the "Messiah". He is planning now how he will seize the moment and perform his first miracle as Sealy upsets Bellville at Tiger Stadium. I think Sealy will win this one in a close battle because in what I have seen, Bellville has no offense and must rely stricly on defense.

Bull's-eye
08-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Bellville didn't have much of a offense against Brenham, but they did light up the scoreboard vs Santa Fe. Chancellor had to move several players around and they are now starting to grasp those new positions. I was impressed by some of the new receivers, especially the tall TE Mueller. Bellville should have some favorable matchups with him being primarily covered by the opposing LB's. On defense, the undersized DE Medina has been causing plenty of havoc in the opposing backfield. LB's Padgett, Browning and Hackemack are a very talented group and DB Sandman has been playing at a very high level. Only time will tell, but this may be a very good team come district play.

Antec
08-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Sealy could finish 4th or 5th in 24-3A

This district is more balanced this -Needville looks great on paper

Sweney had Marsh Zajicek at QB that will be a key

Wharton has a lot of new players but with speed

Gary V has already instillrf a more disciplined style of play

Wharton could lose first 3 bi-district games-Barbers HIll, Brazosport and El Campo

They play at Sealy in the 24-3A opener.

Columbia lost a lot of starters but have Grice at running back

Columbus and Royal will be better- Stafford may end up in the basement

gobbler grad
08-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Bellville wins on the road...:clap:

rancher
08-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Very true about Medina, I saw him play from the 8th grade upwards. I believe he was a QB in junior high and moved to running back as a freshman. He did a good job in the Brenham scrimmage, very quick. Crawford controls the middle and the LBs seem to fly to the ball. However, the offense is lacking and QB is the weak link. It will show Friday night. Sealy by 7.

swarm
08-25-2007, 10:47 PM
good things come with time. give sealy some time if sealy does not win it will not be because the coaches did not work at it.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Have you seen Bellville play? If so you would see they are young but not scared. Bellville will be allright.

zebrablue2
08-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Have you seen Bellville play? If so you would see they are young but not scared. Bellville will be allright.

have you seen sealy play? I worked their scrimmage in hempstead, thay are average at best.

Bull19
08-26-2007, 09:15 PM

HAVE YOU SEEN SEALY PLAY? IF SO YOU WOULD SEE THEY ARE YOUNG BUT NOT SCARED. SEALY WILL BE ALLRIGHT.

Darren
08-27-2007, 10:56 AM
I'll pull for the district brother.

Bellville wins in a close one.

Antec
08-27-2007, 06:44 PM
The Brahmas just reload year after year after year

When you have a coach like Huey Chancelor that helps

Bull19
08-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Antec
The Brahmas just reload year after year after year

When you have a coach like Huey Chancelor that helps

helps how????

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-27-2007, 10:03 PM
HAVE YOU SEEN SEALY PLAY? IF SO YOU WOULD SEE THEY ARE YOUNG BUT NOT SCARED. SEALY WILL BE ALLRIGHT.

Have you seen Sealy Play? You need to remember were you went to school.

Bull19
08-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Have you seen Sealy Play?

im just telling you my gut feeling going into the game, which is based on pretty much nothing. so........calm down fbb its only a football game that has no effect on either one of our life's.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-27-2007, 10:47 PM
im just telling you my gut feeling going into the game, which is based on pretty much nothing. so........calm down fbb its only a football game that has no effect on either one of our life's.

No effect on FBB's life, you know I love Friday Night Light's.:D

Bull's-eye
08-27-2007, 10:57 PM
helps how????

I've watched a lot of Bellville games in the past 5 years. Most of their opponents are usually bigger, faster and more athletic, yet Bellville has been one of the most successful 3A programs under Coach Chancellor. His teams are always well coached and are very disciplined. Some players might not like his strict coaching style, but you can't argue with his success. I have never seen him intentionally run up the score and he doesn't allow his players to showboat.
We heard that 4 starters quit the team. One of those players moved, and one received a track scholarship and didn't want to risk getting hurt. You can't blamed that on the head coach.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I've watched a lot of Bellville games in the past 5 years. Most of their opponents are usually bigger, faster and more athletic, yet Bellville has been one of the most successful 3A programs under Coach Chancellor. His teams are always well coached and are very disciplined. Some players might not like his strict coaching style, but you can't argue with his success. I have never seen him intentionally run up the score and he doesn't allow his players to showboat.
We heard that 4 starters quit the team. One of those players moved, and one received a track scholarship and didn't want to risk getting hurt. You can't blamed that on the head coach.

Good post Bulls-eye, but heard we lost 1 more today? Good luck to the Brahmas this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bull19
08-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Good post Bulls-eye, but heard we lost 1 more today? Good luck to the Brahmas this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who???? im starting to see a trend it seems like

1 and ONLY
08-27-2007, 11:54 PM
just a thought but it might have been his assistant coaches that were good too.
but i would also like to know who quit today?

buff4ever
08-28-2007, 08:47 AM
bellville by 28 or so, this will not be a good game, rivalry or not. Granted, it was a scrimmage, but sealy looked not so good at giddings.

Bellville has shown more than the bellville fans on here will admit. I think that bellville is going for the we aren't any good out loud, but they will be good on the field angle this year. They are taking what they were given, but they are better than everyone thinks. I revise my prediction, they will be 2nd in district. Navasota 3rd.

Bull19
08-28-2007, 09:19 AM
what bout caldwell???? they will be the 2nd place team imo.

bobcat04
08-28-2007, 10:38 AM
This game will tell us a lot about both teams. Always a good one... I'll go with Bellville in a tight one...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-28-2007, 01:48 PM
what bout caldwell???? they will be the 2nd place team imo.

I agree that Caldwell will be in there some were, Bellville, Navasota, and Caldwell will fight for 2 spots.

Bull19
08-29-2007, 06:30 PM
it should be interesting and fun to see how the district pans out......over the pat few years its been pretty set on who the top 3 will be...this year it looks like its going to be a dogfight for those last two playoff spots and anyteam is going to be able to grab those

SealyLB73
08-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Has there been alot of rain lately in Austin Co.? Just was lookin' at the weather and was wondering the possiblilities of a rain out for Fridays game. Don't want to make a trip down and see no game.

sabre1
08-29-2007, 10:17 PM
THis should be a barn burner, B-ville lost at least three starters from last years team because they wanted to concentrate on other sports. And Sealy just isn't that good this year.

Who ever has the ball last wins

KL3
08-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Bellville actually lost 4 starters this offseason, including their best 2 overall players, and 2 others who were probably two of the best 6-7 players on the team.

Clayton Chaney, starting RB and DB, teams best overall player. Quit to focus on track.

Byron Abbs, starting RB and DE. Transferred to Waller. Probably the teams 2nd best overall player.

Austin Trahan. Starting safety and WR, backup QB. Do not know his reason for quitting.

Logan Ledbetter, starting WR. I believe he quit to focus on basketball.

Tiger Turtle
08-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Actually, it is sort of a Sealy tradition for it to rain during the first home game of the season. The only rainout I recall was a game with Tomball way back in the 80s. :thinking:

zebrablue2
08-30-2007, 09:47 PM
OK, less than 24 hrs until the big austin co. showdown. I will stick by my guns and pick bellville by 10. good luck to both teams. play injury free.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Bellville Freshman over Sealy 20-0
Bellville JV over Sealy 21-14

Bull's-eye
08-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Go Bellville!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-31-2007, 05:42 PM
Even with Bellville losing 7 players, they will still have enought talent to win over Sealy!

Go Bellville beat the Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!